Downloadable Map of IPace Friendly Chargers in Scotland

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
Abu Dhabi Dude
Posts: 726
Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:34 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Downloadable Map of IPace Friendly Chargers in Scotland

Post by Abu Dhabi Dude » Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:54 pm

First post edited with latest version of Apple one. Still the bug persists. I’ve been in discussions with Apple but still awaiting a solution. I’ll update the Google link if 51mes manages to add the new versions. Should now be 140 chargers.

51mes
Posts: 134
Joined: Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:26 pm
Location: Cumbria /UK

Re: Downloadable Map of IPace Friendly Chargers in Scotland

Post by 51mes » Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:18 pm

Google Maps is updated - and the link just stays the same - so no need to do anything ADD.

We have 139 entries - I still cannot figure out where the missing one has gone or is.

S.
MY20 (Nov19) I-pace SE |AIR|Pan Roof|Light Oyster 10 way Heated Seats|F/R Splash Guards I Caesium Blue| 18" 5055 wheels
Infotainment 19C + Telematics 16.2 + H264 | Home podpoint 7Kw+ Rpi/jlrpy for timed charging.

Abu Dhabi Dude
Posts: 726
Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:34 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Downloadable Map of IPace Friendly Chargers in Scotland

Post by Abu Dhabi Dude » Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:33 pm

51mes wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:18 pm
Google Maps is updated - and the link just stays the same - so no need to do anything ADD.

We have 139 entries - I still cannot figure out where the missing one has gone or is.

S.
That’s cool! Nice to know, and thanks for updating. Not sure where that missing charger is but I don’t think anyone can complain too much!

Extra point for everyone, please check on PlugShare during the Covid-19 crisis as I keep it up to date with chargers which are currently unavailable.

hereu
Posts: 98
Joined: Fri May 11, 2018 10:19 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: Downloadable Map of IPace Friendly Chargers in Scotland

Post by hereu » Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:53 pm

51mes wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:18 pm
Google Maps is updated - and the link just stays the same - so no need to do anything ADD.

We have 139 entries - I still cannot figure out where the missing one has gone or is.

S.
I think it's this one that I informed about on March 4th...
There are 3 (newer type) CPS chargers that work with the I-Pace (1or 2 x 50kw, 3 x 7kw) at 55°02'53.5"N 3°35'36.2"W

The icon on google maps is a little off as the chargers are in the bottom corner of the car park./quote]
Blue, cream, pana, gesture etc 20" HSE

51mes
Posts: 134
Joined: Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:26 pm
Location: Cumbria /UK

Re: Downloadable Map of IPace Friendly Chargers in Scotland

Post by 51mes » Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:58 pm

hereu wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:53 pm

I think it's this one that I informed about on March 4th...
There are 3 (newer type) CPS chargers that work with the I-Pace (1or 2 x 50kw, 3 x 7kw) at 55°02'53.5"N 3°35'36.2"W

The icon on google maps is a little off as the chargers are in the bottom corner of the car park./quote]
ADD - whats the entry called in your collection and I'll take another look - beats watching a wall looking at dry paint....

S.
MY20 (Nov19) I-pace SE |AIR|Pan Roof|Light Oyster 10 way Heated Seats|F/R Splash Guards I Caesium Blue| 18" 5055 wheels
Infotainment 19C + Telematics 16.2 + H264 | Home podpoint 7Kw+ Rpi/jlrpy for timed charging.

Abu Dhabi Dude
Posts: 726
Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:34 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Downloadable Map of IPace Friendly Chargers in Scotland

Post by Abu Dhabi Dude » Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:03 pm

51mes wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:58 pm

ADD - whats the entry called in your collection and I'll take another look - beats watching a wall looking at dry paint....

S.
Because of a weird glitch in Apple Maps because it was inside the grounds of the university, it’s just is called “ChargePlace Scotland”. It’s the only one with that name.

User avatar
bluenun
Posts: 50
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:27 pm
Location: England

Re: Downloadable Map of IPace Friendly Chargers in Scotland

Post by bluenun » Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:20 pm

Great map, Dude! Thanks for creating it. You might want to add the CPS charger in the Tweeddale car park in Oban as that worked for me last year.

Btw...the link seems to download a random number of chargers at a time but with perseverance I’ve got a about 120 loaded onto my phone.

Abu Dhabi Dude
Posts: 726
Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:34 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Downloadable Map of IPace Friendly Chargers in Scotland

Post by Abu Dhabi Dude » Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:24 pm

bluenun wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:20 pm
Great map, Dude! Thanks for creating it. You might want to add the CPS charger in the Tweeddale car park in Oban as that worked for me last year.

Btw...the link seems to download a random number of chargers at a time but with perseverance I’ve got a about 120 loaded onto my phone.
Hi. Yes I’ve taken that up with Apple but so far they haven’t produced a fix for that problem. I have no idea why it does that. I went through a lengthy session with Apple support monitoring my iPad remotely to try and diagnose the problem. Still the same, so I need to contact them again.

Interesting that you say Tweeddale worked for you. It also worked for me about a year ago, but I don’t add Compacts to the list until I have more evidence than a single charge, as they sometimes will work once and then never again! However, as both you and I have used it with no problems, I’ll probably add it.

PreGP
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:38 pm
Location: UK

Re: Downloadable Map of IPace Friendly Chargers in Scotland

Post by PreGP » Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:15 pm

The ipace-friendly rapid charger at the Green Welly Stop at Tyndrum has unfortunately been turned off since March 2020 because of “running costs”. Perhaps it needs to be removed from your map for the moment. This now leaves a bit of a rapid charger desert in the Fort William/Lochaber region for ipace owners. :o

PreGP
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:38 pm
Location: UK

Re: Downloadable Map of IPace Friendly Chargers in Scotland

Post by PreGP » Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:21 pm

Oh and I’ve used the one at Scourie with my iPace and it was fine :)

Post Reply