Downloadable Map of IPace Friendly Chargers in Scotland

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
oop north

Re: Downloadable Map of IPace Friendly Chargers in Scotland

Post by oop north » Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:22 pm

Thanks for the reply - I get no options from my phone when I click on the link. It just opens google maps immediately without allowing me any options. I can then turn on the show EV charging option but that is clearly not what you are talking about

But it works on my laptop fine - which is all I need for planning purposes anyway. Disappointing to note that none of them on the A74M qualify!
it’s here! Arrived 29.04.19, HSE, MY20, Caesium Blue, tan interior, black bits

51mes

Post by 51mes » Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:16 pm

oop north wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:22 pm
Thanks for the reply - I get no options from my phone when I click on the link. It just opens google maps immediately without allowing me any options. I can then turn on the show EV charging option but that is clearly not what you are talking about

But it works on my laptop fine - which is all I need for planning purposes anyway. Disappointing to note that none of them on the A74M qualify!
Yes I know, I'm up there in a week or so. I'm not sure if ADD has just not visited the few, but they are not in good shape....

The Abington charger had a number of historic successful ipace charges, from zap map logs, but is currently totally broken.. Moffat has an issue with it's CCS connector and has for a while..... The a702 is void of chargers anyway which is disappointing...

S.
MY20 (Nov19) I-pace SE |AIR|Pan Roof|Light Oyster 10 way Heated Seats|F/R Splash Guards I Caesium Blue| 18" 5055 wheels
Infotainment 19C + Telematics 16.2 + H264 | Home podpoint 7Kw+ Rpi/jlrpy for timed charging.

oop north

Post by oop north » Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:02 pm

It’s frustrating - loads of reliable chargers too near home, nothing past Gretna
it’s here! Arrived 29.04.19, HSE, MY20, Caesium Blue, tan interior, black bits

Abu Dhabi Dude

Post by Abu Dhabi Dude » Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:38 pm

51mes wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:16 pm
oop north wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:22 pm

Yes I know, I'm up there in a week or so. I'm not sure if ADD has just not visited the few, but they are not in good shape....

The Abington charger had a number of historic successful ipace charges, from zap map logs, but is currently totally broken.. Moffat has an issue with it's CCS connector and has for a while..... The a702 is void of chargers anyway which is disappointing...

S.
I didn’t add Ionity at Gretna. I’ve also had no problems with Ecotricity at Gretna but left that out as I suspect that’s not going to be true for most people. Other than those 2, most on the A74/M74 don’t have CCS.

AGT

Post by AGT » Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:33 pm

There is a Polar charger at Smiths Hotel in Gretna if you would prefer to avoid the Ionity.

I did four Ionity charges at the weekend (2 x Gretna and 2 X Milton Keynes) - one with the Maingau App at 40 cents a KwH and three with a Shell Recharge card which is still only £6.33 plus VAT to "fill her up". The exact same card was the full Ionity rack rate in the Netherlands, Germany and Austria a couple of weeks ago. Does anyone know how long the old rate will last in the UK? Maybe Shell has not noticed.

Also, if heading for Edinburgh, you can route in or out via Lanark where there is an Instavolt charger. The Lanark road is a good one although a few miles longer than the Biggar road.

51mes

Post by 51mes » Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:00 am

AGT wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:33 pm
There is a Polar charger at Smiths Hotel in Gretna if you would prefer to avoid the Ionity.

I did four Ionity charges at the weekend (2 x Gretna and 2 X Milton Keynes) - one with the Maingau App at 40 cents a KwH and three with a Shell Recharge card which is still only £6.33 plus VAT to "fill her up". The exact same card was the full Ionity rack rate in the Netherlands, Germany and Austria a couple of weeks ago. Does anyone know how long the old rate will last in the UK? Maybe Shell has not noticed.

Also, if heading for Edinburgh, you can route in or out via Lanark where there is an Instavolt charger. The Lanark road is a good one although a few miles longer than the Biggar road.
That's potentially really good news, thanks I have a shell recharge card sat in my wallet - haven't used it yet, but may have to make sure its ready to go...

I am heading for dunfermline, and had thought the 702 would be a good route not being motorway all the way, its a pleasant road and brings back fond memories of early morning blasts in a v60 polestar and my XE-S upto the gyle for work. We should make the Rosyth instavolt, or the CPS unit at the forth bridge. We will need to stop before then however as swmbo likes a break after an hour and before 2, so we normally stop around Abington.

I will probably be about 55% at Gretna depending on some wierd work related logistics and customer meetings in london in the morning, but given 35p/kwh at an instavolt 35-40% of ionity make sense!

S.
MY20 (Nov19) I-pace SE |AIR|Pan Roof|Light Oyster 10 way Heated Seats|F/R Splash Guards I Caesium Blue| 18" 5055 wheels
Infotainment 19C + Telematics 16.2 + H264 | Home podpoint 7Kw+ Rpi/jlrpy for timed charging.

Abu Dhabi Dude

Post by Abu Dhabi Dude » Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:12 am

51mes wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:00 am
That's potentially really good news, thanks I have a shell recharge card sat in my wallet - haven't used it yet, but may have to make sure its ready to go...

I am heading for dunfermline, and had thought the 702 would be a good route not being motorway all the way, its a pleasant road and brings back fond memories of early morning blasts in a v60 polestar and my XE-S upto the gyle for work. We should make the Rosyth instavolt, or the CPS unit at the forth bridge. We will need to stop before then however as swmbo likes a break after an hour and before 2, so we normally stop around Abington.

I will probably be about 55% at Gretna depending on some wierd work related logistics and customer meetings in london in the morning, but given 35p/kwh at an instavolt 35-40% of ionity make sense!

S.
Just be aware that if you plug in at 55%, in my experience you will actually get a quicker charge from InstaVolt. I plugged in to Ionity at 55 and got 42kw, dropping to about 30. Plugging into InstaVolt at 55 I got around 47 and it tapered less dramatically.

Abu Dhabi Dude

Post by Abu Dhabi Dude » Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:21 am

AGT wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:33 pm

Link has been updated now with Ionity and Smiths hotel. Lanark InstaVolt was already in there.

AGT

Post by AGT » Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:12 am

ADD - That is a really interesting point about arrival SOC at Ionity chargers and chimes with my disappointing charging experiences.

Friday evening Southbound my arrival SOC at Gretna was over 50% and it took 27 minutes to load 19 KwH. Sunday evening my arrival SOC was less than 20% and in 28 minutes it loaded 37 KwH. You can almost tell by listening to the pump - first noise level when initiating, then a louder noise when its running at sub 60 KwH and then a much louder noise when it cranks up to a greater charge rate. It does seem to depend on the SOC that you start at so that if you start at 55% it will never charge above 60 KwH but if you start at 20% it will keep going quite fast through 55% until you get to 70%.

I can't tell if the e-on UFC at Preston East is the same. Both Northbound and Southbound I arrived at around 20% SOC and the charge rates were well over 60 KwH.

I agree that Instavolt and Polar charge more consistently across a broader SOC range.

There are too many variables for my brain. I now have to drive in silence while I do and re-do the maths!

51mes

Post by 51mes » Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:39 pm

Google version updated - 135 charge points mapped.

Just for the record - script and instructions are here: https://github.com/simonjmckenna/collection-map2map

S.