Downloadable Map of IPace Friendly Chargers in Scotland

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
51mes

UPDATED - Downloadable Map of IPace Friendly Chargers in Scotland

Post by 51mes » Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:25 pm

Fellow forumites...

I give you version 0.1 of the Google Maps copy:

Please test.

Click on the picture, then open it in Google my maps first!

Only 125 entries found (there were 130 originally based on post above from ADD) , I'm not using lat/long just addresses to locate charger locations exactly yet, but all seems pretty much ok - and I can't find any data I'm missing in the posted URL from ADD.

Major props for providing the original to Abu Dhabi Dude, hope this helps and I will continue to try to refine the above..

I can send the csv file to anyone who wants.

S.
MY20 (Nov19) I-pace SE |AIR|Pan Roof|Light Oyster 10 way Heated Seats|F/R Splash Guards I Caesium Blue| 18" 5055 wheels
Infotainment 19C + Telematics 16.2 + H264 | Home podpoint 7Kw+ Rpi/jlrpy for timed charging.

51mes

Re: Downloadable Map of IPace Friendly Chargers in Scotland

Post by 51mes » Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:27 am

Update -

Here is the currently complete version of the data - now located properly by lat/lon - extracted by python script from the original apple maps collection, exported into CSV and the loaded into google maps. It still only has 125 chargers and as far as I can see I'm processing every byte of data that is in the URL - but will have another go around.

Hope this helps some folks (I know I'll use it when visiting family).

51mes

MY20 (Nov19) I-pace SE |AIR|Pan Roof|Light Oyster 10 way Heated Seats|F/R Splash Guards I Caesium Blue| 18" 5055 wheels
Infotainment 19C + Telematics 16.2 + H264 | Home podpoint 7Kw+ Rpi/jlrpy for timed charging.

Abu Dhabi Dude

Post by Abu Dhabi Dude » Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:22 am

51mes wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:27 am
Update -

Here is the currently complete version of the data - now located properly by lat/lon - extracted by python script from the original apple maps collection, exported into CSV and the loaded into google maps. It still only has 125 chargers and as far as I can see I'm processing every byte of data that is in the URL - but will have another go around.

Hope this helps some folks (I know I'll use it when visiting family).

51mes

There are now 134 in my collection but the one you have should have 130. Not sure where the rest have gone.

51mes

Post by 51mes » Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:51 am

Hi AbuDhabiDude,

Do you have an updated collection shared I will download and update based on that?

I will take a look through the early stages of the work flow to see if anything is lost.it may be a problem parsing the original url, though I took the raw data from Ipace forum Web page source...

Would you be willing to email me the collection to see if its just that I don't have all the data.

Thanks,

S.

Abu Dhabi Dude

Post by Abu Dhabi Dude » Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:37 pm

51mes wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:51 am
Hi AbuDhabiDude,

Do you have an updated collection shared I will download and update based on that?

I will take a look through the early stages of the work flow to see if anything is lost.it may be a problem parsing the original url, though I took the raw data from Ipace forum Web page source...

Would you be willing to email me the collection to see if its just that I don't have all the data.

Thanks,

S.
I’ve updated the link in the first post but if you want to PM me I’ll email it as well. But the revised link should have all 134 in it. If I email you it, it will just be the same link. Happy to try it though if you need it.

Edit: just as an overview, here is a map with all the locations on it.

DBC25D94-2D73-4935-83BF-01D0566245EC.jpeg

51mes

Post by 51mes » Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:01 pm

Yep,

Good News! I get 134 entries with the new collection data, but when I run the same script on the original source data I still get 125, ah well never mind, 134 is good.. Google maps link is:
(hopefully same link as earlier one and I've just updated it.....

Abu Dhabi Dude

Post by Abu Dhabi Dude » Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:00 am

Yay!!

pottsie

Post by pottsie » Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:19 am

Good map, wish I had earlier. I can vouch that the CPS one in Wick works with my I Pace

oop north

Post by oop north » Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:02 pm

51mes wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:01 pm
Yep,

Good News! I get 134 entries with the new collection data, but when I run the same script on the original source data I still get 125, ah well never mind, 134 is good.. Google maps link is: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1T1WgM ... sp=sharing
(hopefully same link as earlier one and I've just updated it.....
Firstly a big thanks to all for doing this - my regular trips to Edinburgh should be easier now.

Secondly - I just clicked on the link and my phone just opened google maps with no obvious highlighted points. Do I just need to add the ev charger locations? No idea what I am doing wrong!

Mind you have been without the iPace and in a Range Rover for 2.5 weeks now due to parking pawls being on back order. No date known for return
it’s here! Arrived 29.04.19, HSE, MY20, Caesium Blue, tan interior, black bits

51mes

Post by 51mes » Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:40 pm

Hi oop North,

No Idea what happened there,

Just opened the link using my work profile, and a guest profile both on laptop and android (samsung/huwaei) phones in chrome and the charge points
all appeared. When I opened it in edge I will admit it thought I was in Germany for some reason as google gave me map source/adverts in German...

The icons are - black rounded rectangles with a jaguar and a battery, or simple pins (I've turned them off temporarily to see if that helps), They are layers on a map and if you go into legend you can turn them on or off..

On the phone if you click on the link you get a dialog box saying "open with Google my maps (open in web browser) " and a cancel button. If you click the "Google my maps" it should all work (pressing cancel returns you back to the ipaceforum web page).

How wierd is that - I was playing with zooming in and out on the works samsung A40 - and at a couple of zoom levels all the icons dissapear, you can scroll around and they are not there, if I zoom in or out a little more they re-appear - but it's fine on my Huwaei P30pro and on desktop.

You can also turn them off if you open the legend and then uncheck the checkbox (you need to re-open the link to get them back). Also as it's a layer you can go into the layers (the stacked 3d squares) and turn them off - (you need to re-open the link to get them back).

S.