All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
electric beagle

Re: New IPace deliveries

Post by electric beagle » Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:56 am

Makelapayton wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:25 pm
Chidge wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 5:28 pm
Only 6 days for me to wait now - very, very excited ! .....although a friend rang me last week claiming that he’d gone into the jaguar dealership in Stockport put a deposit down and he’s got a new I-PACE that was in stock for delivery within 14 days - surely not ???!!! I’ve been waiting 7 months !!!
There could be a few cancelled orders floating around. People who have been unfortunate during this challenging period, may have lost a job. Ordered a car then had to cancel.

If build already committed dealer will have a car coming and probably offer a good price as well.
There seems a few of us who have cancelled MY20 to replace with MY21 too
MY21HSE, Portofino Blue, Oyster interior, Wireless Charger, Cupholder Covers, Active Air Suspension, Adaptive Dynamics, Clear Sight rear view mirror, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Upgraded Cabin Lighting, Aluminium trim, Andersen EV Charger

Deleted User 2802

Post by Deleted User 2802 » Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:57 am

Car ordered 28th January, finally arrived 23rd July so 1 week behind jpbates not the expected 3 weeks a Corris Grey S, which was absolutely immaculate on the back of a trailer and fully charged.
The standard 18 inch wheels 1022 style were a surprise. In reality they are an excellent fit on the car and plenty big enough, reservations about them when ordered are gone they look great. I think they highlight the stunning design of the car and your eye is drawn to it rather than the dominating larger wheels.
Driving on different road surfaces the car feels planted comfortable and smooth, the standard suspension is a very comfortable ride.
I suppose I have an advantage in that our previous car was a Mercedes E Class premium plus. It had all the HSE features such as air suspension, pan. roof ( it opened and had an integral sliding electric sun blind ). Electric tailgate with foot swipe feature , fully adjustable memory seats etc. So I can understand drivers being attracted by these features, they are hard to refuse, but I would say that the I Pace suspension is an improvement on the air suspension on the E- Class but its early days yet. My thoughts on this car were to save weight and obviously electric motors to open tailgates and adjust seats and bigger wheels are only going to hit economy. I did hesitate over power folding mirrors
as I found them very useful in the tight garage but economy won I may regret that decision.
But I have no thoughts about extras having experienced them before. So we are very happy with our basic S its a long time ago that I looked forward to driving a car as much as this one. The last Jaguar l drove seriously was a MK ll 3.4 borrowed from my father to get into work. This was @ 1972/3 an unforgettable experience. Two work mates regular carshares, one enthusing about doing 95mph along the Ford road a fast dual carriageway. The car with its twin-cam engine really purred along with its unmistakable MK11 growl. The walnut dash with its beautiful instruments and switches stretching in front ahhhhhh happy days. No wonder Inspector Morse loved them.

Dave187

Post by Dave187 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:26 pm

Getting a bit frustrating now...

So I was told by the dealership on Friday of last week that they had received the car, it would be registered, checked and then they would contact me to confirm a delivery date.

I have heard nothing since so thought I would chase it up. Today I have been told they are hoping to receive the vehicle tomorrow and it will then be checked and registered, interestingly they told me this before they actually confirmed exactly who I was or my order number etc...

Can't help but think I am being fed a meaningless generic response and therefore I won't see my car any time soon.. pretty frustrating!!!
2020 iPace SE, Fuji White, Ebony Interior
20” 5068 Gloss Black Wheels, privacy glass, Heated Seats

udank

Post by udank » Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:20 pm

Dave187 wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:26 pm
Getting a bit frustrating now...

So I was told by the dealership on Friday of last week that they had received the car, it would be registered, checked and then they would contact me to confirm a delivery date.

I have heard nothing since so thought I would chase it up. Today I have been told they are hoping to receive the vehicle tomorrow and it will then be checked and registered, interestingly they told me this before they actually confirmed exactly who I was or my order number etc...

Can't help but think I am being fed a meaningless generic response and therefore I won't see my car any time soon.. pretty frustrating!!!

Oh dear... I'm sorry to hear this.

Last week I was advised my vehicle is due into the dealership by this Friday. (No idea which dealer). Pretty much an identical spec though!
I find it quite sad that I don't believe for a minute that this will happen even though I've been told it will, and if it does in fact turn up I don't expect to be notified, just because of all the issues we have had recently.
As you can probably tell, my expectations are pretty much rock bottom.

I am of course looking forward to finally receiving the car, but up to press, the excitement level I expected is somewhat dulled to say the least.
If I was buying it myself, I'd be really really put off, but as it's a lease there is a certain sense of 'whatever will be, will be' (I do wonder if this is part of the issue with the communications though).

I sold my car yesterday in anticipation of having a new one soon, but I'll have the wife's car from Monday as her new (Non Jaguar) EV is booked for delivery.
(Frustratingly, it was ordered a months later...)

I'll update this thread if/when I hear anything more.

Dan
I-Pace EV400 SE, MY20, fuji white, ebony interior, heated front seats and privacy glass.

fa147

Post by fa147 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:53 pm

Fingers crossed the dealers will sort it out and you’ll be with your new car soon. The waiting is sometimes very frustrating.
I-Pace MY20 HSE, Corris Grey, Ebony/Ebony Interior, 20” Grey & Diamond Turned, Panoramic Roof
S20C_20.43.1-618886 | Telematics: 16.2 | Map 08.030.0112.0153
Home Charging: Zappi 2.0 | I-Pace Member's Map: https://bit.ly/3cCU3Ei

Jamdodge

Post by Jamdodge » Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:33 pm

Possibly progress, my company lease supplier Zenith have said delivery next week, dealer will be in touch to arrange delivery... hmmm

Had my EO charger Install today but we didn’t install fully as they wanted the simple option, not unreasonably, of shortest cable route out of house and now I need to get the cable through the better aesthetically pleasing route and then call them back, issue of no site survey etc due to covid....

I think my charger will be in place before the car, but I’m hoping I will get caught out and have a car and no charger!

My only doubt in my mind is that I went for white.

Wasabi Pea

Post by Wasabi Pea » Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:39 pm

Received mine last night! I'm very pleased indeed. The way it drives is phenomenal, it's been so long since my test drive I'd forgotten just how good it is. For anyone else still waiting, it is worth the wait!

I've just been getting to grips with the car, slightly puzzled about a few small things:
1) The coin tray is supposed to slot behind the cup holder if you don't need it. Mine does not fit at all. I think I'll keep it in place and pop my phone on it.
2) I couldn't get Apple Carplay to work at first, but changing cables resolved that. Apple phones soooo picky about cables. Carplay looks lovely. I'm pleasantly pleased with the standard audio quality over bluetooth or carplay.
3) Why does the Sat Nav ask me to log in? Maybe it's something to preserve address books when swapping cars, but it wouldn't accept my InControl credentials. I can't be bothered to solve that one!
4) I've tried the adaptive speed limiter (not obvious how to set this - you have to press LIM then press and hold Cancel to activate). It works okay-ish, but when moving to a higher speed limit area, speed only very gradually increases. You have to lift off and then re-apply the accelerator to get the normal pedal feel back. I've tried adaptive cruise control with the adaptive speed limiter but they are two separate systems that can't interact, it seems you can use one or the other. Imagine a cruise control that sped up and slowed down for you depending on the speed limits, that would have really been great.
5) I searched for the ambient lighting controls, I recall the price list saying ambient lighting is standard, but apparently the customisation of it isn't. I suspect the colour may follow driving mode.
6) When I first got in the car (admittedly with both keys) it asked me to create a Smart profile which it then smartly forgot. I've had to create from new again.
7) How many different settings menus??? So far I've found 3: one accessed on each of the 3 screens, controlling different settings.

I was expecting the infotainment to be a bit behind the times given experience on several land rovers, and was coming from a BMW. I set my expectations low but got some pleasant surprises. Despite it's foibles, it looks great and I can easily live with it. Carplay is a real bonus.
At last I have my i Pace SE Firenze Red. Ordered 28th Feb, arrived 29th July. Broke 2nd August :cry: Back on the road again 7th August :D

fa147

Post by fa147 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:54 pm

This video may help answer a few of your questions:

I-Pace MY20 HSE, Corris Grey, Ebony/Ebony Interior, 20” Grey & Diamond Turned, Panoramic Roof
S20C_20.43.1-618886 | Telematics: 16.2 | Map 08.030.0112.0153
Home Charging: Zappi 2.0 | I-Pace Member's Map: https://bit.ly/3cCU3Ei

udank

Post by udank » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:29 pm

Definite progress!
I have just amazingly been advised, without asking, that my car has arrived at the supplying dealership.
Delivery will be arranged after a few checks have been conducted.

It shouldn't be long now!

(I am of course working on the assumption that the dealership is in the UK... :lol: )
I-Pace EV400 SE, MY20, fuji white, ebony interior, heated front seats and privacy glass.

Wasabi Pea

Post by Wasabi Pea » Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:58 pm

Very helpful thank you.
At last I have my i Pace SE Firenze Red. Ordered 28th Feb, arrived 29th July. Broke 2nd August :cry: Back on the road again 7th August :D