New IPace deliveries

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
udank

Re: New IPace deliveries

Post by udank » Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:05 am

After being told at the start of June that my car was scheduled for build on the 26th of June, I have now been advised it will be at the dealers by the end of next week, the 31st of July.
Finally, after the order was placed at the start of January.
Someone obviously took the decision to push it there from the factory, just for good measure.

Although, they may also decide to push it to Yorkshire for the handover... so I'm still not holding my breath.
:roll:

On the plus side, I assume it is now built, even though this hasn't specifically been confirmed... ! :lol:
I-Pace EV400 SE, fuji white, ebony interior, heated front seats and privacy glass.

I think it's built, it's apparently on it's way, will it arrive this year...?

Makelapayton

Post by Makelapayton » Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:25 pm

udank wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:05 am
After being told at the start of June that my car was scheduled for build on the 26th of June, I have now been advised it will be at the dealers by the end of next week, the 31st of July.
Someone obviously took the decision to push it there from the factory, just for good measure.

Although, they may also decide to push it to Yorkshire for the handover... so I'm still not holding my breath.

On the plus side, I assume it is now built, even though this hasn't specifically been confirmed... ! :lol:
Timing seems inline with mine. Mine was built a few days before yours and is now due in dealers tomorrow. It was due last Friday. After a few calls dealer is now updating me daily with what is on their system. They appear to be in the dark as much as we are and date can change on their system.

Fingers crossed we are nearly there.

Mwright35

Post by Mwright35 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:36 pm

Makelapayton wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:25 pm
udank wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:05 am

Timing seems inline with mine. Mine was built a few days before yours and is now due in dealers tomorrow. It was due last Friday. After a few calls dealer is now updating me daily with what is on their system. They appear to be in the dark as much as we are and date can change on their system.

Fingers crossed we are nearly there.
Exactly the same for me - was due last Friday and now due tomorrow. Really hope that means delivery next week as the wait is killing me!

udank

Post by udank » Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:04 pm

As someone mentioned earlier in this thread, you can track a £2.99 package from China with absolute ease, but you can't seem to track a £70,000 car...

Crackers.
I-Pace EV400 SE, fuji white, ebony interior, heated front seats and privacy glass.

Makelapayton

Post by Makelapayton » Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:16 pm

udank wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:04 pm
As someone mentioned earlier in this thread, you can track a £2.99 package from China with absolute ease, but you can't seem to track a £70,000 car...

Crackers.
Now that made me laugh and very true 😀😀😀😀. I believe the software Jaguar are using was developed by Camelot.

SammyD

Post by SammyD » Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:12 pm

Makelapayton wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:16 pm
udank wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:04 pm

Crackers.
Now that made me laugh and very true 😀😀😀😀. I believe the software Jaguar are using was developed by Camelot.
Don't you mean 'Crapita'? They (Capita) seem to make a total dogs breakfast of any major project they get involved with.
Driving "Hirundo Rustica" since 15th Mar 2019. Lovely Jubbly :D :D
S20A_20.07.5-507626 Maps : whatever is current.

JJipace

Post by JJipace » Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:36 pm

For clarity, my understanding is: dealers pick (obviously to a certain extent, it needs to have been built) which cars come to them and in which order; they can make a fuss and get JLR to expedite if they need to.

But, they will priortise those with either the biggest impact on their figures for the period, or those that maintain the biggest relationships.

If a vehicle has to come from Austria, sit in the UK pre delivery pen and then take a slot on a low loader that could be filled by a Range Rover, its going to be deprioritised.

Especially if its a fleet vehicle such as the NHS scheme - the sale is already committed to and I believe it forms a JLR to fleet transaction as opposed to a dealership to customer transaction - the dealer is just the distributor.

It's an unfortunate fact of the (temporary...?) reduced capacity that the industry is adjusting to. This is why the dealers say "next week" every week, once JLR have locked down the order it is the dealer's responsibility to keep the customer happy until their car is delivered - they obviously have to play the game somewhat and if they know that you aren't desperate, and its through a work scheme you are unlikely to pull out over the sake of a few weeks or months!
No Ipace yet.

EV i fi

Post by EV i fi » Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:52 pm

JJipace wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:36 pm
For clarity, my understanding is: dealers pick (obviously to a certain extent, it needs to have been built) which cars come to them and in which order; they can make a fuss and get JLR to expedite if they need to.

But, they will priortise those with either the biggest impact on their figures for the period, or those that maintain the biggest relationships.

If a vehicle has to come from Austria, sit in the UK pre delivery pen and then take a slot on a low loader that could be filled by a Range Rover, its going to be deprioritised.

Especially if its a fleet vehicle such as the NHS scheme - the sale is already committed to and I believe it forms a JLR to fleet transaction as opposed to a dealership to customer transaction - the dealer is just the distributor.

It's an unfortunate fact of the (temporary...?) reduced capacity that the industry is adjusting to. This is why the dealers say "next week" every week, once JLR have locked down the order it is the dealer's responsibility to keep the customer happy until their car is delivered - they obviously have to play the game somewhat and if they know that you aren't desperate, and its through a work scheme you are unlikely to pull out over the sake of a few weeks or months!
My NHS Fleet iPace order didn't seem to involve my local (Swansea) JLR dealer. I was phoned by someone with a Birmingham area code who told me the car was being provided by Lookers Group, and would be delivered by Engineius.

On the day of delivery the lorry driver phoned me and said he was coming from London (near Heathrow, according to the car's journey log).

Makelapayton

Post by Makelapayton » Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:32 pm

I think I’m nearly there. Car now confirmed that it has arrived at dealer. Booked for delivery to me next Friday subject to Zenith approving. Dealer is just allocating ref number which will then show as ready for delivery on Zenith system.

It’s going to be a long week.

udank

Post by udank » Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:02 pm

Makelapayton wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:32 pm
I think I’m nearly there. Car now confirmed that it has arrived at dealer. Booked for delivery to me next Friday subject to Zenith approving. Dealer is just allocating ref number which will then show as ready for delivery on Zenith system.

It’s going to be a long week.
Great news!

I hope I'm not too far behind you!