All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
Penners

Re: New IPace deliveries

Post by Penners » Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:43 am

jasonwaler wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:42 am
Penners wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:59 am
So my car is built and slightly ahead of when Vista originally said a few weeks ago 😀 hopefully not long to wait now!
How did you get this information? I have not been given any order tracking information so not sure how I can see where my order is... Please let me know :-) Thanks!
Hi, you need someone at the dealership to provide you with this - I was emailing my dealer on a weekly basis and they would send me a screenshot from the Vista system. I don’t think there’s anyway of doing it yourself......
I-Pace SE - Santorini black, black pack, 20” Black alloys, privacy glass, black headlining, ambient lighting, tracker pro
Infotainment: S20B
Telematics: 18.2

Jamdodge

Post by Jamdodge » Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:30 pm

Volkswarren wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:10 pm
Jamdodge wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:27 pm
Makelapayton wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:16 pm

Looks like we are in the same boat. Did zenith order yours through Jaguar Drotwich.

I was getting good communication from them now getting vague answers. Had two thoughts

1. Is it only the NHS car that are coming through as a priority. Has anyone who Is not NHS had a delivery recently ?
2. Are Zenith stalling on registration until September for new number plate. May help resale value later.

Maybe I am be paranoid.
Yes. Zenith, Listers, Droitwich. No responses from them anymore, I did question why they told me end July and now end August, probably too busy fulfilling the NHS contract?! Deliveries and factory deliveries probably being bumped to get those priority cars over and despatched before end July.

I don’t think Zenith are that bothered to chase as it’s a company car and they are making money anyway for extending my existing lease.

Got a nice EO charger being fitted though and a couple of hotels booked for a holiday in August with chargers that I don’t need.

I’m grumpy I know, but Covid is just an excuse for everything now, I can’t even take some mud to the tip.

But between them they should be able to provide better updates. Seems that the lease company can’t or won’t and Jaguar aren’t interested in customer service for the end user.
Droitwich Jag wasn't the best before covid.
I just had an email from them - generic reply, due to factory not opening until April it is now August but they told me in June it was built.... don’t think they’ve even looked my car up on the system!

Daon7800

Post by Daon7800 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:25 pm

Pod-point fitted today. Hassle free. Man with trailer confirmed he has collected my car and will deliver it tomorrow morning.
Youlong White HSE MY20.
Info: S20B1_20.30.2-578440 VCS: 19.2 BECS: BP-AAE-BC-AC-BE

Makelapayton

Post by Makelapayton » Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:19 am

After my brief bit of positive news on Friday. I called Drotwich garage yesterday as discussed on Friday. Didn’t get through so dropped an email. Got an email back say my car will be with them the end of next week. On Friday I was told they would have it yesterday.😤

So then called back. I could not get through to fleet management and was told they would called back. I asked to hold. Eventually got through to a guy called Lou and I explained my frustration of getting told they would have car yesterday and then two weeks later.

He then looked at system and told me they would receive it this week. Starting to think the Jaguar system in a random date generator.

After losing my rag and asking how I can get three different time frames between Friday and Monday Lou has promised to call me every day with update. I’m a bit worried if I ask for the date again the random date generator with give me a 2021 date.

fa147

Post by fa147 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:30 am

Makelapayton wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:19 am
. I’m a bit worried if I ask for the date again the random date generator with give me a 2021 date.
Or even 2120...who knows
I-Pace MY20 HSE, Corris Grey, Ebony/Ebony Interior, 20” Grey & Diamond Turned, Panoramic Roof
S20C_20.43.1-618886 | Telematics: 16.2 | Map 08.030.0112.0153
Home Charging: Zappi 2.0 | I-Pace Member's Map: https://bit.ly/3cCU3Ei

Dave187

Post by Dave187 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:04 pm

I have had the same issue with Droitwich - I was told the week before last that the car would be with them last thursday (16th) and delivered to me this week.

Then last week they said the car would be at the dealership today and they will be in touch before this to arrange delivery. I have heard nothing so I called yesterday but got told twice they would call back but nobody has.

Previously dealt with Louise in the fleet team who has been really helpful but now cannot get hold of them...
2020 iPace SE, Fuji White, Ebony Interior
20” 5068 Gloss Black Wheels, privacy glass, Heated Seats

Quakered

Post by Quakered » Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:29 pm

Delta5 wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:06 am
electric beagle wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:33 am
jasonwaler wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:44 am

I had paid £2K advance payment for my MY20 order back in February / March. Then I cancelled it 10 days ago or so and placed an order for the MY21. The dealership said they will keep the £2K (even though my car had not been built yet - it was due to be built mid July). They claimed it's because they have now placed the order and even though it wasn't built they will have to pay for the car anyway and sell it to someone else.

Is there any way to get back some or all of that £2K advance payment? It was for a Personal Contract Hire (lease) through a dealership, with Lex Autolease (who lease all Jags for the dealerships). Thanks!

I think the dealership are not committed until build starts and you can change your order for free until that point. I did that once prior when I changed my colour from red to blue. Much depends what your contract says but if you want to play hardball most credit contracts allow you to cancel at the beginning for no loss.

I am assuming my original £1k deposit is toast but the desler did say if they managed to sell it for no loss then I could have my original deposit back
Somewhere in the small print there will be “non refundable” wording, the dealer is probably committed to taking the car wether it has been built or not. So you signed the order you are committed, back out and it costs you but the dealer was pretty dumb if you were ordering a MY 21. You would have thought he just added the value of the deposit onto the cost of the new car, either way he’s got your cash and motor dealers are very hard nosed.
Sorry but this is just a straight Breach of Contract. You signed the contract and paid a deposit to show good faith. You have broken your contract (and your word!) and must loss your deposit. I suspect JLR would be equally upset with the dealer if they tried to cancel the order!
SE Firenze Red, Oyster leather, glass roof, HUD, Air Suspension, delivered 6/19

Daon7800

Post by Daon7800 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:03 pm

Daon7800 wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:25 pm
Pod-point fitted today. Hassle free. Man with trailer confirmed he has collected my car and will deliver it tomorrow morning.
Wow, what a car!
Youlong White HSE MY20.
Info: S20B1_20.30.2-578440 VCS: 19.2 BECS: BP-AAE-BC-AC-BE

Bison

Post by Bison » Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:17 pm

Daon7800 wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:03 pm
[quote=Daon7800 post_id=51251 time=<a href="tel:1595273119">1595273119</a> user_id=2426]
Wow, what a car!
[/quote]

Ooooo Congratulations on your new car. Sounds like you’re impressed!

I’m still at the “we’ll know more tomorrow” stage. For me to ring the next day to be told “we’ll know more tomorrow”! They also don’t seem to chase the car unless I ring which is disheartening. So they will hear from me every day now just to get it rolling. 😂
2020 SE Caesium Blue.

scm

Post by scm » Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:08 pm

Daon7800 wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:03 pm
Daon7800 wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:25 pm
Wow, what a car!
Time to update your signature block then! :D