Delivery date

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
slowlane
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:52 pm
Location: Poole, UK

Re: Delivery date

Post by slowlane » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:42 pm

Another UK example: According to JLR's Vista (entry copied to me by my dealer) my build date was 8th February, the car arrived in England on 3rd March and estimated handover date is 20th March, so in total just under 6 weeks from build to handover. I ordered in early September, so it feels like a very long wait...
Indus Silver SE ordered 6th September, estimated handover 1st March 2019, actual 20th March.


BillCB
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:37 pm
Location: Tobermory, Canada

Re: Delivery date

Post by BillCB » Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:10 am

You're lucky - I ordered in July and don't expect delivery until April. Maybe that's a good thing if it will be a 2020 model.


SammyD
Posts: 183
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:44 pm
Location: N.E Hampshire, UK

Re: Delivery date

Post by SammyD » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:33 am

I got a call from my dealer this morning. My car will be at their prep-centre on Monday. Should be picking it up next Friday (I'm away from home Wed/Thu)
Driving "Hirundo Rustica" since 15th Mar 2019. Lovely Jubbly :D :D


IanT
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:05 pm
Location: uk

Re: Delivery date

Post by IanT » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:14 am

I now have 9 working days till i am due to collect my car. Still nothing from the dealer. I have chased twice (2 weeks ago and 2 weeks before that) and each time get the reply "We have no information other than it is due on the 27th but will let you know as soon as we do".

Is it time to panic, go round there and ask face to face, ask CRC on here etc? I still have no VIN number or any details other than an order sheet with the same info on it!!
i-Pace SE, MY19, Firenze red, panoramic roof, surround sound and various others that took my fancy. Ordered Oct18, Build March 1st (oh joy a friday), Delivery due March 27th.


pedro1664
Posts: 33
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:30 pm
Location: Reading

Re: Delivery date

Post by pedro1664 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:03 pm

IanT

Do you know the Model Year? 19 or 20?


User avatar
mjc
Posts: 311
Joined: Fri May 19, 2017 2:43 pm
Location: Hertfordshire, UK

Re: Delivery date

Post by mjc » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:35 pm

IanT wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:14 am
I now have 9 working days till i am due to collect my car. Still nothing from the dealer. I have chased twice (2 weeks ago and 2 weeks before that) and each time get the reply "We have no information other than it is due on the 27th but will let you know as soon as we do".

Is it time to panic, go round there and ask face to face, ask CRC on here etc? I still have no VIN number or any details other than an order sheet with the same info on it!!
Ask your dealer to go onto their 'Vista' system and email you a screen grab showing the delivery status recorded there. It should confirm the build date that turned out, and the status of onward delivery progress/planning :-)

Enjoy!
I-Pace HSE delivered 14/12/2018 - Farallon Black, Air++, oyster interior, panoramic roof, 20" std wheels


SammyD
Posts: 183
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:44 pm
Location: N.E Hampshire, UK

Re: Delivery date

Post by SammyD » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:36 pm

slowlane wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:42 pm
Another UK example: According to JLR's Vista (entry copied to me by my dealer) my build date was 8th February, the car arrived in England on 3rd March and estimated handover date is 20th March, so in total just under 6 weeks from build to handover. I ordered in early September, so it feels like a very long wait...
Mine was built at the same time as yours and I get to drive it tomorrow. The wait is nearly over. My dealer let me have another drive on Monday. Can't wait until tomorrow morning.
At least our wait is nowhere near as bad as those in the UK who put down a deposit on day 1 for a Tesla Model 3. 3years and counting. Looks like Q3 at the earliest.
Driving "Hirundo Rustica" since 15th Mar 2019. Lovely Jubbly :D :D


slowlane
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:52 pm
Location: Poole, UK

Re: Delivery date

Post by slowlane » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:50 pm

That's good news! You will have fun at least a week earlier than me. I think that there is a real disconnect between dealer's advice on delivery dates and the estimates that were always available through the Jaguar distribution system. I found the sales people wildly over-optimistic about delivery, first they said 22nd February was certain, then backtracked weekly until now, when all along they could have managed expectations and given me realistic dates - not happy.
I nearly decided to put a deposit on a Tesla 3...
Indus Silver SE ordered 6th September, estimated handover 1st March 2019, actual 20th March.


IanT
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:05 pm
Location: uk

Re: Delivery date

Post by IanT » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:12 pm

pedro1664 wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:03 pm
IanT

Do you know the Model Year? 19 or 20?
Its a MY19 ordered it in October
i-Pace SE, MY19, Firenze red, panoramic roof, surround sound and various others that took my fancy. Ordered Oct18, Build March 1st (oh joy a friday), Delivery due March 27th.


Goshdarnit
Posts: 429
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:55 pm
Location: UK

Re: Delivery date

Post by Goshdarnit » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:11 pm

I did have a deposit on a Model 3. Made the deposit 3 years ago. Two years later I put a deposit on the Jag. 4 months later I cancelled my Model 3 deposit. And I have had my Jag for 3 months now. I way prefer it to the Model 3. And I still wouldn’t have my Model 3.
I-Pace First Edition, Corris Grey, Oyster interior, 22” diamond cut alloys with carbon inserts.


Post Reply

Return to “Main Jaguar I-Pace chat”