Just had a revision on mine.

Location UK
Model SE with some options
Ordered early September
Suggested 1st week Jan 2019
Updated to 1st week of March
Updated to 27th March
Now 24th January

Edited just 3 hours later - dealer ship made an error - back to March 27th.... booo!
That's not dissimilar to my timescale. Ordered March '18 (obviously a pre-order), planned delivery date 1st September. Slipped to Late December. Collected 10th Jan '19 (extra delay was probably caused by the Christmas and New Year holidays).
I-Pace First Edition, Corris Grey, Oyster interior, 22” diamond cut alloys with carbon inserts.

Andyfromembsay

Re: Delivery date

Post by Andyfromembsay » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:51 am

Hi - driving an XC90 T8 plug-in that goes back early September and have pretty much decided on an ipace. Before I go back to my lease co, I was wondering what the lead time is for a factory order? They said go back 3 months before but I was assuming that as it’s a new model I might be best allowing a bit longer. Is 6 months still about right for an ipace? Cheers

ChrisMc

Post by ChrisMc » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:10 pm

I ordered mine 6th December and I am told a build date will be ca.end April and delivery ca.end of May, however, some dealers can and do get better or worse timescales, so only your own dealer will be able to give you an up to date answer.
Ordered 06.12.18 MY20 - I Pace HSE EV400 in Black with full black pack, Mars Red Windsor leather sports seats, gloss black 20” wheels etc etc

Discovery Sport DSL SW 2.0 TD4 180 SE Tech Auto / Kaikoura Stone / Ebony full leather / Pano Roof

Andyfromembsay

Post by Andyfromembsay » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:13 pm

Thanks Chris - this comes from a lease co so I don't know the dealer until I order. Will probs organise some test drives and look at putting an order in in March - they can always sit on it until I'm ready to take delivery if it's early I guess.

electricdriver

Post by electricdriver » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:28 pm

I’m in exactly the same situation - about to order and hoping for a mid-year delivery. By the way @andyfromembsay, I’m just up the road in Skipton...demonstrator booked for late Feb so looking forward to a trial then!

Dtrawford

Post by Dtrawford » Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:39 pm

My I Pace arrived at our dealer today and was booked straight into the workshop for wash prep ,PDI , battery check etc..
It is now having upgrades and I will be getting a call in the morning to tell me when I can collect tomorrow :D
Farallon black HSE, 20” wheels , oyster interior

ChrisMc

Post by ChrisMc » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:05 pm

Andyfromembsay wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:13 pm
Thanks Chris - this comes from a lease co so I don't know the dealer until I order. Will probs organise some test drives and look at putting an order in in March - they can always sit on it until I'm ready to take delivery if it's early I guess.
A lease co should be able to give you a delivery window within a couple of weeks either way, but of course, if you have not ordered yet then those timescales are subject to change due to other orders going in daily.
Ordered 06.12.18 MY20 - I Pace HSE EV400 in Black with full black pack, Mars Red Windsor leather sports seats, gloss black 20” wheels etc etc

Discovery Sport DSL SW 2.0 TD4 180 SE Tech Auto / Kaikoura Stone / Ebony full leather / Pano Roof

ChrisMc

Post by ChrisMc » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:07 pm

electricdriver wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:28 pm
I’m in exactly the same situation - about to order and hoping for a mid-year delivery. By the way @andyfromembsay, I’m just up the road in Skipton...demonstrator booked for late Feb so looking forward to a trial then!
I ordered mine through Kentdale Jaguar, only an hour from you, do you have a dealer nearer to you?

Andyfromembsay

Post by Andyfromembsay » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:43 pm

ChrisMc wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:07 pm
electricdriver wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:28 pm
I ordered mine through Kentdale Jaguar, only an hour from you, do you have a dealer nearer to you?
I think Bradford's the nearest to here (it's where I got my XF from a few years ago, anyway).

Where's yours coming from, electricdriver? Is Feb the earliest you can get a demo? Where's that from? Best get one booked!!

electricdriver

Post by electricdriver » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:52 pm

Mine’s through a leasing company Andy - oddly the demonstrator is coming from Oxford...and yes, late February was the first opportunity, however I do get a five day run at it and I’ll be taking in a couple of long trips including just north of Glasgow and back - regular run of mine. I’ve been following the range discussion with interest - I’m a frugal driver in ICE terms and really want the iPace to work for me - so it’s fingers crossed for this! I won’t order until after then so I don’t suppose I’ll see mine until the autumn assuming it does work.

Return to “Main Jaguar I-Pace chat”