Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner

Charger incompatibility?

5K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  paulmassey 
#1 ·
Hi,

I have just had a WallBox Pulsar plus charger installed at my mountain cabin, that seems to be incompatible with my i-pace. When plugging in, the plug locks normally, but the charging process does not get past initialising.

The funny thing is that I have the exact same type of charger (WallBox Pulsar plus) at home, that works perfectly...

I have also experienced the same problem with public chargers. At the same charging point one type seems to work, another type has the same symptoms as mentioned above, or just reports an error.

Does anybody know why this happens?

Thanks!

G
#2 ·
Is it possible that you've set a timed charging in either the car or mountain cabin system?

Your experience with commercial charging systems is a known issue especially with older charging models - even with the same brand. Everytime my car fails to charge I contact the company and file a complaint. I've sent emails with photos to better explain the failure. I think some companies are slow to update their software to reflect the new EV models.

#4 ·
I have a Wallbox Pulsar too, it charges fine, the only thing I cannot get to work is timed charging just using the charger, I have to set up a scheduled charging and departure time in the car to get it to work. It then works every time, but when I first got it in April last year, all I had to do was set the charger for timed charging, that is before my first I Pace software update, since then early May it has had to be set up as above each time to make sure I can used timed/scheduled timing. I have spoken to Wallbox in Spain countless times about the problem and they don't have a fix, blaming it on the I Pace software.

I see there is a software update available for the Wallbox currently, but try as I might, I cannot get it to update on my charger for some reason.

G
#5 ·
colovald said:
Thanks for your reply!

I have reset the charging system to factory settings, rebooted etc. no charging schedule set up there.
Same for the for the car - no charging schedules - and the car charges normally (slowly) with the emergency charger...
You might consider contacting Wallbox customer service. I've never heard of anyone not being able to charge on the same brand and model home charger.

#6 ·
Talked to the charger dealer today. There is a software update for the charger, that might help. Installed the update in my home charger (that worked in the first place) - it seems to work OK.
I am updating the mountain cabin charger in a couple of weeks, when I am back up there. I'll let you know the outcome of that...

#8 ·
I have a pulsar plus too, when the charging session is finished and i let the car connected to the charger the 12v battery drains completely. Do you have the same issue or is this a problem with my car or wallbox?

Thanks in advance!

#9 ·
Yes, Bobgee - I have this exact same problem too: my ipace 12v battery going flat when the charger is connected. Not sure if it's a bug with wallbox or the ipace (or both?). It's happened to me 5 times since getting the pulsar plus - it didn't happen with my previous charger. The most recent time, the Jaguar garage said, "is there any chance that you are switching the charger off at the wall, when the car is 100% charged - there is a known problem that the ipace 12v battery will discharge if this happens". I'm thinking the Pulsar might "shutdown" when the battery is 100% full, triggering this problem on the ipace...

I'm trying to get to the bottom of who needs to fix it - Jaguar or Wallbox...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.