Home Charging

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
ChrisMc
Posts: 340
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:51 pm
Location: UK

Re: Home Charging

Post by ChrisMc » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:53 am

Just had word this morning from my dealer that delivery of my I Pace is possibly going to be 1 month ahead of schedule, I also don't have solar panels etc but I am considering Octopus with a Zappi, the Zappi seems to have more features, timed charging etc and I will need to speak to them sometime soon, but others on here already have both Octopus and a Zappi so be good to get real life feedback.
MY20 - I Pace HSE EV400 in Black with full black pack, Mars Red Windsor leather sports seats, gloss black 20” wheels etc etc

Discovery Sport DSL SW 2.0 TD4 180 SE Tech Auto / Kaikoura Stone / Ebony full leather / Pano Roof


Baikar
Posts: 208
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:49 am
Location: Uk

Re: Home Charging

Post by Baikar » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:25 am

ChrisMc wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:53 am
Just had word this morning from my dealer that delivery of my I Pace is possibly going to be 1 month ahead of schedule, I also don't have solar panels etc but I am considering Octopus with a Zappi, the Zappi seems to have more features, timed charging etc and I will need to speak to them sometime soon, but others on here already have both Octopus and a Zappi so be good to get real life feedback.
Great news, I just picked mine up last week and at the moment I’ve been using the supplied home charger and some local fast chargers.

I’m with Octopus at the moment and can definitely recommend them. The 4 hour cheap rate may not suit everyone depending on how many miles you need to recover each night but I’m still only paying 14p/KWh peak compared with the 30p/KWh local chargers. I’m also waiting on the latest zappi charger which is more expensive than the old model but as of 2019 there are new regulations for home chargers. This now makes the old unit more expensive to install. I’ll be able to answer more when I have the new charger installed next month.

If you go with Octopus feel free to use my code and we both receive £50.

share.octopus.energy/smart-ram-91

Anymore questions just ask.


ChrisMc
Posts: 340
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:51 pm
Location: UK

Re: Home Charging

Post by ChrisMc » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:44 pm

Baikar wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:25 am
ChrisMc wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:53 am
Just had word this morning from my dealer that delivery of my I Pace is possibly going to be 1 month ahead of schedule, I also don't have solar panels etc but I am considering Octopus with a Zappi, the Zappi seems to have more features, timed charging etc and I will need to speak to them sometime soon, but others on here already have both Octopus and a Zappi so be good to get real life feedback.
Great news, I just picked mine up last week and at the moment I’ve been using the supplied home charger and some local fast chargers.

I’m with Octopus at the moment and can definitely recommend them. The 4 hour cheap rate may not suit everyone depending on how many miles you need to recover each night but I’m still only paying 14p/KWh peak compared with the 30p/KWh local chargers. I’m also waiting on the latest zappi charger which is more expensive than the old model but as of 2019 there are new regulations for home chargers. This now makes the old unit more expensive to install. I’ll be able to answer more when I have the new charger installed next month.

If you go with Octopus feel free to use my code and we both receive £50.

share.octopus.energy/smart-ram-91

Anymore questions just ask.
Thanks Baikar for the info, would be good to hear about costs etc when your Zappi is installed. The Octopus rates seem to be cheaper than I am paying now and the off peak cheap night rate they do is worth using, wish it was more than 4 hours though.
MY20 - I Pace HSE EV400 in Black with full black pack, Mars Red Windsor leather sports seats, gloss black 20” wheels etc etc

Discovery Sport DSL SW 2.0 TD4 180 SE Tech Auto / Kaikoura Stone / Ebony full leather / Pano Roof


Goshdarnit
Posts: 672
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:55 pm
Location: UK

Re: Home Charging

Post by Goshdarnit » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:33 pm

I would recommend a charger that allows to to set a timer to then take advantage of night time rates if you do sign up for an EV electricity deal. I have a Wallbox Pulsar which can be controlled via an App and the Zappi us also good reviews although it currently needs to be set from the charger itself unless you go for an elaborate setup with the hub. There was talk of a new version coming out but where I was told it was stand alone, someone else was told it needed the hub as well.
I-Pace First Edition, Corris Grey, Oyster interior, 22” diamond cut alloys with carbon inserts.
IMC: S19A_19.07.2-312706 Telematics: 14.2

Control your iPace with Siri voice commands


ChrisMc
Posts: 340
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:51 pm
Location: UK

Re: Home Charging

Post by ChrisMc » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:04 pm

How do you like the Wallbox Pulsar unit? Not considered that one.
MY20 - I Pace HSE EV400 in Black with full black pack, Mars Red Windsor leather sports seats, gloss black 20” wheels etc etc

Discovery Sport DSL SW 2.0 TD4 180 SE Tech Auto / Kaikoura Stone / Ebony full leather / Pano Roof


Goshdarnit
Posts: 672
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:55 pm
Location: UK

Re: Home Charging

Post by Goshdarnit » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:05 pm

I really like it. Very small and neat, does everything including timed charging and app control (via Bluetooth so not if you’re away from home).
I-Pace First Edition, Corris Grey, Oyster interior, 22” diamond cut alloys with carbon inserts.
IMC: S19A_19.07.2-312706 Telematics: 14.2

Control your iPace with Siri voice commands


ChrisMc
Posts: 340
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:51 pm
Location: UK

Re: Home Charging

Post by ChrisMc » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:38 pm

Goshdarnit wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:05 pm
I really like it. Very small and neat, does everything including timed charging and app control (via Bluetooth so not if you’re away from home).
Very interesting, I will look into it in more detail, I assume the timed charging works well?

Thanks
Chris
MY20 - I Pace HSE EV400 in Black with full black pack, Mars Red Windsor leather sports seats, gloss black 20” wheels etc etc

Discovery Sport DSL SW 2.0 TD4 180 SE Tech Auto / Kaikoura Stone / Ebony full leather / Pano Roof


Goshdarnit
Posts: 672
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:55 pm
Location: UK

Re: Home Charging

Post by Goshdarnit » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:22 pm

Timed charging works brilliantly. Have only experimented a little as I only had the charger a few days before the car died but I did check out timed charging and it seemed to be working fine.
I-Pace First Edition, Corris Grey, Oyster interior, 22” diamond cut alloys with carbon inserts.
IMC: S19A_19.07.2-312706 Telematics: 14.2

Control your iPace with Siri voice commands


DougTheMac
Posts: 240
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:50 pm
Location: Suffolk UK

Re: Home Charging

Post by DougTheMac » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:35 pm

I’m about to get a basic Rolec unit (with a meter) installed. I have just turned down their offer of a timer for an extra £72 as I estimate it would take 6 months or so to recoup that, and I’m hoping Jaguar will have fixed the “preferred charge time” issue long before then. Do you think I’m being optimistic?
HSE Silicon Silver Pano Air+AD Oyster since 1Mar19
S18D_18.47.5-269316 & 14.2


Jan073
Posts: 89
Joined: Thu May 03, 2018 10:28 pm
Location: Netherlands

Re: Home Charging

Post by Jan073 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:51 am

small kick on this topic, but was wondering since the NL has 1x35 or 3x25 home connection (much discussed earlier) and there was a lot of discussion on different topics (also on other dutch car sites) where people claim they are going to buy stuff or change stuff.

But now 3500 Dutch iPace's are driving around I was wondering if some feedback could be given on the 3x25 connection options and the real-life experience:
  • a 3-phase-to-1-superphase solution like the Magnum
  • a 3-phase-to-DC converter like the EcoLeon DC Wandlader
  • clear 1x25 group for the car and configure the home charger to 20A instead of 16A
Are you happy ? What charging do you achieve ? tips ? tricks ? etc ?
FE Corris grey ebony/ebony 22” summer / 20” winter | NL


Post Reply

Return to “Main Jaguar I-Pace chat”