Age 55 is the cut off for ev's apparently?

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
scm

Re: Age 55 is the cut off for ev's apparently?

Post by scm » Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:29 pm

Thincat wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:50 pm
Perhaps we should have a pole to find out how old we are?
And get someone to dance around it? ;)

Electricjohn

Post by Electricjohn » Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:29 am

I took delivery of my iPace on 29 October2018
Yes that makes me just over 77 now!
The iPace is by far the best Jaguar I have ever owned and I bought my first Jag over 30 years ago. The second best on my list is the original XK, no doubt there are some, who don’t know about that beauty, as they are still in nappies!
iPace, HSE, Silicon Silver, Panoramic Roof

Thincat

Post by Thincat » Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:07 am

scm wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:29 pm
Thincat wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:50 pm
And get someone to dance around it? ;)
That would have to be the younger ones, unless you allow mobility scooters :lol:
Cesium Blue HSE no sunroof, air suspension, HUD. Changed 20in wheels to 18in :D .

Quakered

Post by Quakered » Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:13 am

It does seem to be a common mood in the media that us old folk cannot cope with the modern world. Which magazine got some more free publicity by stating that airlines are disadvantaging the aged by charging extra to make telephone bookings. If people won't learn how to use evolving technology then it is jolly decent of the suppliers to provide alternative facility for these luddites (of any age) and it is very reasonable to charge them extra for being so thick.

I had no trouble persuading my wife we should get an I Pace. I said that our age our next car could be a mobility scooter so learning to drive and electric car seem good preparation for this awful eventuality.
SE Firenze Red, Oyster leather, glass roof, HUD, Air Suspension, delivered 6/19

anorak

Post by anorak » Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:41 pm

Thincat wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:07 am

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1045&p=13765&hilit=age#p13765

This was set up shortly after I took delivery of mine Thincat. I've since moved into the median age band so am approaching the 'cut off' point.

I'll have to start looking around for something more age appropriate. They don't make Rovers any more do they?

And why are our friends in Poland so accomplished in the age research field? ;) :)
I Pace EV400 S, Caesium blue, Oyster leather, 18" wheels
MY19, delivered 01/2019
IMC: S19B_19.40.4-436082 || Telematics: 17.2
Now on its 2nd front EPIC

Jagman I-Pace

Post by Jagman I-Pace » Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:27 am

I was 68 when I bought my I_Pace. 13 months on and can't remember the last time I had range anxiety. Must be age affecting my memory?
Corris Grey First Edition Oct 2018

MvM

Post by MvM » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:54 am

Very silly article, although I am not surprised by it.
Just a bit of 'easy journalism', a page filler ment for quick reading and even more quickly forgotten.

As for me, at 56, I should belong in the range-anxiety club as well. But instead, I find myself explaing to much younger people that with the current charging network lay-out, range is not a real problem any more.
But then again, with my eldest son just 2.5, a daughter at just six months old, a house full of 3D Printers plus having ordered my first full-EV just last Saturday, I have never considered myself to be merely average at all...

SammyD

Post by SammyD » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:47 am

MvM wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:54 am
Very silly article, although I am not surprised by it.
Just a bit of 'easy journalism', a page filler ment for quick reading and even more quickly forgotten.

As for me, at 56, I should belong in the range-anxiety club as well. But instead, I find myself explaing to much younger people that with the current charging network lay-out, range is not a real problem any more.
But then again, with my eldest son just 2.5, a daughter at just six months old, a house full of 3D Printers plus having ordered my first full-EV just last Saturday, I have never considered myself to be merely average at all...
A man after my own heart (apart from the children). Some of us are just a tad ornery (as the americans might say) or eccentric.
We just don't conform to any norm.
I'm proud to be different (and a leftie to boot).
We just see the world differently to many other people. It is those who won't (not can't) understand us and our little quirks that have a problem.

that's my slightly distorted view on the matter.
Driving "Hirundo Rustica" since 15th Mar 2019. Lovely Jubbly :D :D
S19B_* Maps : whatever is current.

MvM

Post by MvM » Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:19 am

@SammyD,

Thanks!

I think a lot of us here just don't think age has much to do with or should inhibit you in whatever you want to do or try.
If you are in good enough health, there is no reason not to do anything you like if you have to means to it.

(And as for the kids, it's my girlfriend (21 years my junior) that really wanted them and I simply could not resist. And to be honest, having them now, it's actually great fun and I consider my life's worth of experience and knowledge to be of great value)

scm

Post by scm » Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:45 am

MvM wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:19 am
I think a lot of us here just don't think age has much to do with or should inhibit you in whatever you want to do or try.
I heard a radio documentary about the brain a while back which claimed that the frontal lobe, which is responsible for our inhibitions, becomes less active as we age, so nature is helping us to shed those inhibitions! ;)

Return to “Main Jaguar I-Pace chat”