Range Decline Following In Control Update

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
Beanscene
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:37 pm
Location: Ireland

Range Decline Following In Control Update

Post by Beanscene » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:32 am

Following the last OTA In Control update to S19B_19.20.4-436082 our range has dropped significantly. After last night's charge to full, range is now at 325km.

Prior to this update - and following the dealership update to S19A - our range had jumped to from approx 380KM to 425KM after a full charge. This range figure of 425km declined a little over the preceding couple of weeks but stabilised at about 405km following a full charge.

But immediately following this last OTA over the weekend update my wife noticed a significant drop in range following a standard journey. A 40km city trip registered a decline of 100km in range. With 170km on the dash, I decided to charge overnight. And this morning (at full charge) 325km was displayed.

I've taken a look at the settings - and apart from the heat being on - there doesn't appear to be anything obvious that would have caused this :?

Has anyone else experienced the same issue following the last OTA update? I'm now assuming a dealership visit is required...

71b44d51-d26d-47d5-b7b3-6ab3a6b6ea54.JPG

IMG_0917.jpg



Tom Loch
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:36 am
Location: Norway

Re: Range Decline Following In Control Update

Post by Tom Loch » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:41 am

I’ve got the same thing on mine.
A representative of JLR Norway posted on the I-Pace Facebook group here that it’s a bug in the software that should sort itself out after 15 hours of driving.
It doesent affect your actual range, just the cars prediction of your range.
Corris Grey MY19 HSE with a few extra bits and bobs


Beanscene
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:37 pm
Location: Ireland

Re: Range Decline Following In Control Update

Post by Beanscene » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:50 am

Ah, thanks for that Tom!

That's a total relief and will save me the disdain of my wife (for messing with her car) 😉


thebrownbottle
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:49 pm
Location: Appley Bridge

Re: Range Decline Following In Control Update

Post by thebrownbottle » Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:36 am

Hi,

I've seen my range decrease and also the rate of discharge. For the same commute I'm now seeing 50kWh/100 miles compared to ~40kWh/100 miles previously. I've got a 200 mile round trip tomorrow and already had to plan in a stop on the way.
iPace First Edition MY19 - Corris Grey

InControl: S19B_19.40.4-436082
Telematics: 16.2 (post H228)


Baikar
Posts: 326
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:49 am
Location: Uk

Re: Range Decline Following In Control Update

Post by Baikar » Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:42 am

Beanscene wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:50 am
Ah, thanks for that Tom!

That's a total relief and will save me the disdain of my wife (for messing with her car) 😉
Sorry to spoil your dream but nothing happens after 15hrs. My car has been stuck on 201 miles which is about 325km.


Goshdarnit
Posts: 2283
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:55 pm
Location: UK

Re: Range Decline Following In Control Update

Post by Goshdarnit » Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:42 am

thebrownbottle wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:36 am
Hi,

I've seen my range decrease and also the rate of discharge. For the same commute I'm now seeing 50kWh/100 miles compared to ~40kWh/100 miles previously. I've got a 200 mile round trip tomorrow and already had to plan in a stop on the way.
That’s almost certainly just down to the temperature drop we’ve had recently. It’s also been wet and windy which don’t help.


Goshdarnit
Posts: 2283
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:55 pm
Location: UK

Re: Range Decline Following In Control Update

Post by Goshdarnit » Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:44 am

Baikar wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:42 am
Beanscene wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:50 am
Ah, thanks for that Tom!

That's a total relief and will save me the disdain of my wife (for messing with her car) 😉
Sorry to spoil your dream but nothing happens after 15hrs. My car has been stuck on 201 miles which is about 325km.
My car took about 700 miles of driving. Don’t forget it needs a GOM reset after the required time. You’ll know when it’s about the right time as you’ll see your range start to creep up. I saw it go from 201 to 204 miles. That was when I reset the GOM and it went back to normal again.


davidp40
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue May 14, 2019 10:08 am
Location: UK

Re: Range Decline Following In Control Update

Post by davidp40 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:51 am

I've also just had a shocking 180 mile round trip. Driving on my own, ECO, climate at 18.5. ave. temp about 8C. Had to charge on the way.

Capture.JPG

SE, Corris Grey, Pan roof, 20" diamond cut, delivered April 2019. Warwickshire.


Goshdarnit
Posts: 2283
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:55 pm
Location: UK

Re: Range Decline Following In Control Update

Post by Goshdarnit » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:37 am

davidp40 wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:51 am
I've also just had a shocking 180 mile round trip. Driving on my own, ECO, climate at 18.5. ave. temp about 8C. Had to charge on the way.

Capture.JPG
Welcome to winter!


Jelle v/d Meer
Posts: 990
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:43 pm
Location: Tilburg / Netherlands

Re: Range Decline Following In Control Update

Post by Jelle v/d Meer » Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:08 pm

davidp40 wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:51 am
I've also just had a shocking 180 mile round trip. Driving on my own, ECO, climate at 18.5. ave. temp about 8C. Had to charge on the way.

Capture.JPG
Yep - that is also what the Jaguar website predicts - with your 20" and highway (avg 57mph), AC on and 10 degrees it gives 172 miles.
On 18" range prediction is 191 miles so you would have made it :lol: 8-)

Capture.JPG

I-pace S + HUD, Drive Pack, Light Oyster Sport Seats, Elec Tailgate, DAB+ & heated windshield I Ceasium Blue & 18" wheels


Post Reply

Return to “Main Jaguar I-Pace chat”