20" Tyre replacement in UK

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
shadwellal
Posts: 89
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:02 pm
Location: United Kingdom

20" Tyre replacement in UK

Post by shadwellal » Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:54 am

Just planning ahead.... I usually get new tyres from KwikFit. Their website doesn't list any suitable tyres for the I pace on 20" wheels. Has anyone replaced their tyres yet using anyone other than the Jaguar dealer, and if so, any recommendations?
I-pace SE, Caesium Blue. MY 2020 :D


anupanu
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:17 am
Location: United Kingdom

Re: 20" Tyre replacement in UK

Post by anupanu » Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:52 am

OK, so now I am intrigued. Does your car even show up on the registration database? Mine doesn't.
I Use Merityre and they have Goodyear tyres for £200 a corner currently (assumes 245 50 20)


ravrav
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:03 pm
Location: Watford, UK

Re: 20" Tyre replacement in UK

Post by ravrav » Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:04 am

I use https://www.blackcircles.com/ and it shows two options of tyre size for my registration.


FENorway
Posts: 524
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:06 am
Location: Norge

Re: 20" Tyre replacement in UK

Post by FENorway » Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:39 am

Goodyear in 235/50 has A in Rolling resistance and JLR approval. I would have gone for those.
FE Corris grey light oyster/light oyster Performance 22" 5069 & 18" 1022 19B_19.40.4-436082 and 14.2


nipri
Posts: 378
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:02 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: 20" Tyre replacement in UK

Post by nipri » Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:53 am

Costco can order them for you.
Thanks,
FE Photon Red 20" Wheels, Light Oyster since 09/18.
My new Love! ;)


SteveA
Posts: 93
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:50 pm
Location: UK

Re: 20" Tyre replacement in UK

Post by SteveA » Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:55 am

I've used "ASDA tyres" to get a tyre for a full size wheel as a spare. I entered the tyre size on their website and they could do them for £194 inc balance. I thought that was reasonable and its the same as the tyres on the car (GoodyearEagle F1 Asymmetric 3 SUV245/50R20 105V). They will have the tyre delivered to a fitter local to you and will set up a convenient fitting time.
I Pace EV400 SE, Yulong white, options: Oyster leather, 20' wheels, MY19, delivered 03/2019
InControl: S19B_19.40.4-436082 | Telematics: Version not showing


fa147
Posts: 646
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:25 pm
Location: London / United Kingdom

Re: 20" Tyre replacement in UK

Post by fa147 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:47 am

SteveA wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:55 am
I've used "ASDA tyres" to get a tyre for a full size wheel as a spare. I entered the tyre size on their website and they could do them for £194 inc balance. I thought that was reasonable and its the same as the tyres on the car (GoodyearEagle F1 Asymmetric 3 SUV245/50R20 105V). They will have the tyre delivered to a fitter local to you and will set up a convenient fitting time.
Would buying tyres from these places cause any problems with the pressure sensors in the car?
I-Pace MY20 HSE, Corris Grey, Ebony/Ebony Interior, 20” Grey & Diamond Turned, Panoramic Roof
IMC: S19B_19.40.4-436082 | Telematics: 16.2 | Map 8.30.100.156


SteveA
Posts: 93
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:50 pm
Location: UK

Re: 20" Tyre replacement in UK

Post by SteveA » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:44 am

fa147 wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:47 am
SteveA wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:55 am
I've used "ASDA tyres" to get a tyre for a full size wheel as a spare. I entered the tyre size on their website and they could do them for £194 inc balance. I thought that was reasonable and its the same as the tyres on the car (GoodyearEagle F1 Asymmetric 3 SUV245/50R20 105V). They will have the tyre delivered to a fitter local to you and will set up a convenient fitting time.
Would buying tyres from these places cause any problems with the pressure sensors in the car?
Can't see why in would, you just use the old sensor that's fitted to the wheel. I guess they would still replace the valve innards just not the valve body which contains the sensor.
I Pace EV400 SE, Yulong white, options: Oyster leather, 20' wheels, MY19, delivered 03/2019
InControl: S19B_19.40.4-436082 | Telematics: Version not showing


Volkswarren
Posts: 319
Joined: Sun May 19, 2019 8:55 pm
Location: Stourbridge

Re: 20" Tyre replacement in UK

Post by Volkswarren » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:57 pm

SteveA wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:44 am
fa147 wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:47 am
SteveA wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:55 am
I've used "ASDA tyres" to get a tyre for a full size wheel as a spare. I entered the tyre size on their website and they could do them for £194 inc balance. I thought that was reasonable and its the same as the tyres on the car (GoodyearEagle F1 Asymmetric 3 SUV245/50R20 105V). They will have the tyre delivered to a fitter local to you and will set up a convenient fitting time.
Would buying tyres from these places cause any problems with the pressure sensors in the car?
Can't see why in would, you just use the old sensor that's fitted to the wheel. I guess they would still replace the valve innards just not the valve body which contains the sensor.
This is exactly what they should do. It's the tyre being swapped, the sensor stays with the wheel.
HSE, Caesium Blue, 22" 5056 Alloys, Oyster Leather, Active Air Suspension, Cold Pack, Black Pack, Privacy glass and Pano roof. Podpoint Homecharger. Telematics: 16.2 | InControl: S19B_19.40.4-436082


User avatar
anorak
Posts: 389
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:56 pm
Location: Cambs. UK

Re: 20" Tyre replacement in UK

Post by anorak » Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:25 pm

I've used these a few times in the past - found them to be cheapest of the online merchants and paid £10 - £15 per wheel locally for fitting / balancing;

https://www.mytyres.co.uk/cgi-bin/rshop ... _a=7480510
I Pace EV400 S, Caesium blue, Oyster leather, 18" wheels
MY19, delivered 01/2019
IMC: S19B_19.40.4-436082 || Telematics: 17.2
Now on its 2nd front EPIC


Post Reply

Return to “Main Jaguar I-Pace chat”