It's getting cold - Range will drop

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
Chewy
Posts: 1904
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:46 pm
Location: Forest of Dean. UK.

It's getting cold - Range will drop

Post by Chewy » Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:28 pm

Tonight my car gave me the low temperature warning. This appears when the outside temperature is below 4 degC

For those who took delivery of their I-Pace in the balmy summer months, you should be aware that you will see a drop in range as the winter arrives. This will be as much as 20% given the same driving style. If you are planning a long trip, make sure you take this into account when working out where to stop for a recharge on the route. For long trips it is also useful to precondition the batteries before setting off. For normal day-to-day use there is no real requirement to precondition the battery.

20191107_201837.jpg



SammyD
Posts: 818
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:44 pm
Location: N.E Hampshire, UK

Re: It's getting cold - Range will drop

Post by SammyD » Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:33 pm

I've already had the 'Ice' warning on my Motorcycle. That comes on at 4C. I last had it in June when riding in the Cairngorms past the Abernethy Reserve (where Springwatch had just been broadcast from). The UK Climate is a thing of wonder isn't it!
Frost is forecast for tonight unless you are in Sheffield where it is dropping 'biblical' amounts of water. I'm due to catch a train at 06:04 so we shall see how the pre-heating goes.
Driving "Hirundo Rustica" since 15th Mar 2019. Lovely Jubbly :D :D
S19B_* Maps : whatever is current.


Volkswarren
Posts: 319
Joined: Sun May 19, 2019 8:55 pm
Location: Stourbridge

Re: It's getting cold - Range will drop

Post by Volkswarren » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:47 pm

7.4 degrees in Stourbridge at the moment. Though I’ve left a few mornings to goto work with the ice warning on, not noticed any reduction in range yet :)
HSE, Caesium Blue, 22" 5056 Alloys, Oyster Leather, Active Air Suspension, Cold Pack, Black Pack, Privacy glass and Pano roof. Podpoint Homecharger. Telematics: 16.2 | InControl: S19B_19.40.4-436082


ardevd
Posts: 797
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:30 am
Location: Norway

Re: It's getting cold - Range will drop

Post by ardevd » Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:12 am

Cold here also :)

IMG_20191106_224631.jpg

Control your I-Pace with jlrpy or WattCat for Android| I-PACE HSE Ebny Prem Txt MY2019.

Telematics: 16.2 | InControl: S19B_19.35.4-418001


ardevd
Posts: 797
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:30 am
Location: Norway

Re: It's getting cold - Range will drop

Post by ardevd » Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:13 am

Also, those of you who struggle with door handles that won't properly retract or present in the cold, it's supposedly a known issue with a certain number of I-Paces. Contact your dealer and they should be able to replace the handles for you.
Control your I-Pace with jlrpy or WattCat for Android| I-PACE HSE Ebny Prem Txt MY2019.

Telematics: 16.2 | InControl: S19B_19.35.4-418001


Jelle v/d Meer
Posts: 973
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:43 pm
Location: Tilburg / Netherlands

Re: It's getting cold - Range will drop

Post by Jelle v/d Meer » Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:21 am

ardevd wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:12 am
Cold here also :)
Indeed very cold - this morning it was 4 degrees here and where previously with 15+ degrees I had no problems getting my daily commute at efficiency below 200watt/km it now was 236watt/km (with pre-conditioning). Can only imagine the impact with -16 degrees.

I do have 2 questions about your dashboard:
  • How did you manage to get trip stats on the left and navigation on the right? So far I could choose for left only between radio & ACC/LKA and right between trip Stats & navigation
  • Your battery SoC bar looks different then mine - yours is much clearer to read
I-pace S + HUD, Drive Pack, Light Oyster Sport Seats, Elec Tailgate, DAB+ & heated windshield I Ceasium Blue & 18" wheels


Tophe74
Posts: 987
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:21 pm
Location: Haute Savoie/France

Re: It's getting cold - Range will drop

Post by Tophe74 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:33 am

On my daylight commit I usually use 10% of battery in summer. Now it's more like 12 to 13% with temperature beliw 10°, and my car is not parked outside. Rainy days also have an impact on autonomy (more road resistance).
I pace FE photon red since 20.10.18


ardevd
Posts: 797
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:30 am
Location: Norway

Re: It's getting cold - Range will drop

Post by ardevd » Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:16 am

Jelle v/d Meer wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:21 am
ardevd wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:12 am
Cold here also :)
Indeed very cold - this morning it was 4 degrees here and where previously with 15+ degrees I had no problems getting my daily commute at efficiency below 200watt/km it now was 236watt/km (with pre-conditioning). Can only imagine the impact with -16 degrees.

I do have 2 questions about your dashboard:
  • How did you manage to get trip stats on the left and navigation on the right? So far I could choose for left only between radio & ACC/LKA and right between trip Stats & navigation
  • Your battery SoC bar looks different then mine - yours is much clearer to read
I have a newer IPC version than you. Contact your dealer ;)
Control your I-Pace with jlrpy or WattCat for Android| I-PACE HSE Ebny Prem Txt MY2019.

Telematics: 16.2 | InControl: S19B_19.35.4-418001


Jelle v/d Meer
Posts: 973
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:43 pm
Location: Tilburg / Netherlands

Re: It's getting cold - Range will drop

Post by Jelle v/d Meer » Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:41 am

ardevd wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:16 am
I have a newer IPC version than you. Contact your dealer ;)
Is that the H228 update or Telematics 16.2 update or even another update? If it is the 16.2 Telematics - since when is this update available and does it have a corresponding Hxxx number?

End of August my car was (suppose to be) updated with H213 en H228 (althought TOPIX still shows open), I have latest 19B and Telematics 15.2 (I think, as I no longer can see which version I have).
I-pace S + HUD, Drive Pack, Light Oyster Sport Seats, Elec Tailgate, DAB+ & heated windshield I Ceasium Blue & 18" wheels


ardevd
Posts: 797
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:30 am
Location: Norway

Re: It's getting cold - Range will drop

Post by ardevd » Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:46 am

Jelle v/d Meer wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:41 am
ardevd wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:16 am
I have a newer IPC version than you. Contact your dealer ;)
Is that the H228 update or Telematics 16.2 update or even another update? If it is the 16.2 Telematics - since when is this update available and does it have a corresponding Hxxx number?

End of August my car was (suppose to be) updated with H213 en H228 (althought TOPIX still shows open), I have latest 19B and Telematics 15.2 (I think, as I no longer can see which version I have).
Telematics is the TCU. I'm talking about the IPC. I don't think it's part of any campaign afaik.
Control your I-Pace with jlrpy or WattCat for Android| I-PACE HSE Ebny Prem Txt MY2019.

Telematics: 16.2 | InControl: S19B_19.35.4-418001


Post Reply

Return to “Main Jaguar I-Pace chat”