Quick Survey

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
aquiss

Re: Quick Survey

Post by aquiss » Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:26 pm

Where I have been able to use a charger, they have worked fine 100% the time.

However, I often find that all chargers are in use when I turn up or the charger is out of service. Worst still AC only (Southampton)

Billy Bunter

Post by Billy Bunter » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:32 pm

fa147 wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:10 am
I-Pace wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:26 pm
I agree Goshdarnit but clearly Jaguar has modified something in the MY20 models which make them (significantly) less likely to work with such chargers...

I am now at a point where I would consider selling my MY20 for a MY19 model because I can’t charge my car in continental Europe...which is a bit ridiculous...
I wouldn’t be too quick to make the assumption that it is Jag’s fault.

When we had the I-Pace meet up at Rutland Water, I remember Garry saying that the reason this issue was apparent was something to do with the CCS protocol being used and that Jag has updates it to be inline with current/up-to-date specifications and that this caused an issue with older Ecotricity chargers stations. I could have understood the issue incorrectly, so apologise if I have.

However, if it’s the case that Jag are adhering to agreed latest standards and Ecotricity are not or haven’t updated their charging stations, then the fault doesn’t lie with Jag really. As far as Jag is concerned, if they don’t follow the agreed standards, then their customers may find problems with other charging providers that are up to date; which I would then say is squarely Jag’s fault.

Either way, the above doesn’t diminish the frustration this is causing.
well said !
I remember there was a very good post about a year ago explaining how the chargers communicate with the car, about CCS protocols and their haphazard implementation - at the time it explained perfectly why there had been similar problems.

EDIT: found it......

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1223&p=16933&hilit=protocol#p16933
SE, Firenze Red, Black Pack & Black 20” wheels, Air Suspention, HUD, ACC, DAB+

Jasonfaz

Post by Jasonfaz » Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:12 pm

Please see separate thread if you have issues with Ecotricity

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2798&p=38833&hilit= ... nce#p38833

Return to “Main Jaguar I-Pace chat”