Big leak on passenger side

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
RJUK

Re: Big leak on passenger side

Post by RJUK » Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:14 am

The looks of the Model 3 Performance aren't really bedroom wall poster-worthy, but they don't offend me, either. I just think it looks a bit anonymous and the Performance one doesn't have all the bells and whistles that we're used to from other manufacturer's performance cars. Aside from the bigger wheels and brakes and the little carbon spoiler the bumpers etc are all the same as the base version. No aggressive body kits here.

Whilst that's a shame in some ways, it does at least have the effect of making the car a complete sleeper. Here in the UK most road users don't know how quick one is or how to identify one, and the sedate bodywork doesn't indicate anything about the rapid acceleration that the Performance model offers. That, coupled with near silent running means you have a car that doesn't scream "look at me" every time you want to tickle the throttle. A BMW M3 or Mercedes C63 on the other hand aren't as quick, cost loads more to run and attract the attention of everyone in the area even at idle, let alone if you look at the throttle.
Narvik Black I-Pace HSE with black everything, HUD, adaptive air suspension, privacy glass. 8-)

RJUK

Post by RJUK » Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:37 am

OK, so the Tesla is ordered and the Jag is on its way back once my plate comes off.

The Jag was a great car, ruined by a simple fault that Jaguar were too lazy to check before it became a big problem, then another dealership further ruined the car.

TBH, I ordered the Jag just before the Tesla was available for lease, then when the Tesla came up for lease I weighed up switching my order, but ultimately couldn't decide and felt obliged to keep what I had ordered as the Jag had arrived I the country by then.

I convinced myself I had made the right decision, but always felt like I had made the wrong decision. As soon as things started going belly up with the Jag it seemed the perfect opportunity to give the Tesla a go.

Whilst I came away from the Jag test drive thinking it felt slow (possibly because I only got to try eco and comfort modes) the Tesla test drive had me giggling and smiling ear-to-ear within minutes. This is definitely the car I should have had all along.

I should add that I'm 34 and like to drive quick, so ultimate comfort and luxury aren't as important as outright performance and well-implemented tech.

Whilst the Jag has far more bells and whistles than the Tesla, most of it is compromised or half-baked in one way or another. The Tesla has less kit, but what it does have works really well.

I feel fortunate that Jag took the car back so easily as it allows me another shot to try the other car and be able to say that I got the chance to experience both extensively. It's just a shame that the experience was ruined in the way that it was.

Even if they hadn't ruined the car though, my I-Pace was proving why I wasn't replacing it like-for-like when I drive to the Jag test drive - the Android Auto menu bar vanishing, then the whole infotainment display getting squashed into the upper half of the screen for no apparent reason, among other software glitches.

In reality, I was never an SUV guy though, so having the firmer sprung, lower, tauter Tesla is more my cup of tea.

I might stop in from time to time to see what's going on with the I-Pace and maybe to share some pics of its replacement. I hope you all continue to enjoy yours and don't have as many issues as I had.

:-)
Narvik Black I-Pace HSE with black everything, HUD, adaptive air suspension, privacy glass. 8-)

d111112

Post by d111112 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:19 am

All the best, RJUK... Sorry to loose an I-Pace Driver in my age group but I can understand your decision very well
I Pace EV400 S, fuji white, air susp; 18“ MY19, delivered 02/2019
H228/H264 | IMC: S20B1...| Telematics: 18.2 (J8A2-70712-AY) | BECM: BP-AAE-BC-AC-BE | Home Charger: go-e HOME+
... :arrow: Didi

malcolm

Post by malcolm » Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:29 am

Good luck RJUK
Yulong white HSE, 20" wheels, ebony and black pack
S19B_19.40.4-436082
Telematics 14.2

RJUK

Post by RJUK » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:38 am

Thanks guys.

FWIW, from my test drive of the Tesla all the quality issues seem way overblown. Nothing was hanging off the car and everything worked as it should. Panel gaps were all acceptable too, although I think that was a teething issue on earlier builds.

The main things I noticed were that the stereo is absolutely amazing (I thought it was just the Tesla fanbois being, well, fanbois, but the stereo really is something else) and the steering wheel seems to be offset slightly to the right of the driver's seat.

A bit odd, but something I can live with.

I'm actually really excited about the new car, like a kid at... well it is that time of year, after all!

emgf

Post by emgf » Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:49 pm

RJUK wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:38 am
Thanks guys.

FWIW, from my test drive of the Tesla all the quality issues seem way overblown. Nothing was hanging off the car and everything worked as it should. Panel gaps were all acceptable too, although I think that was a teething issue on earlier builds.

The main things I noticed were that the stereo is absolutely amazing (I thought it was just the Tesla fanbois being, well, fanbois, but the stereo really is something else) and the steering wheel seems to be offset slightly to the right of the driver's seat.

A bit odd, but something I can live with.

I'm actually really excited about the new car, like a kid at... well it is that time of year, after all!
Enjoy your new Tesla and take care
( a Tesla shareholder )
SE Yulong White , light oyster interior , 20" Gloss Black , since October 2018 , IMC: S19C ... Telematics 18.2 , H264

RJUK

Post by RJUK » Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:05 pm

Thanks! I don't have shares in Tesla or anything like that, however, when I was torn between the two cars before, I asked for opinions on here and on the Tesla forums.

You folks on here were quite level-headed and objective about your cars. Unfortunately the same can't be said about the Tesla guys, who were mostly convinced that I was some sort of Tesla short seller or just there to brag about my I-Pace.

If I asked about any of the Tesla's widely reported flaws, or about any posts on their own forums about issues, they attacked me claiming the flaws don't exist or are made up stories by people trying to harm the Tesla name.

One guy even accused me of not even wanting to buy a car, but just being there to sully the Tesla name. 🤣

I really enjoyed my test drive in the car, but boy are the Tesla fanbois annoying! It was like dealing with Donald Trump himself; "FAKE NEWS, FAKE NEWS, YOU ARE FAKE NEWS!"

I'm hoping I can find a decent UK Tesla forum, as I think most of the weirdos are from the US.

Buzzer

Post by Buzzer » Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:44 pm

RJUK wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:05 pm
Thanks! I don't have shares in Tesla or anything like that, however, when I was torn between the two cars before, I asked for opinions on here and on the Tesla forums.

You folks on here were quite level-headed and objective about your cars. Unfortunately the same can't be said about the Tesla guys, who were mostly convinced that I was some sort of Tesla short seller or just there to brag about my I-Pace.

If I asked about any of the Tesla's widely reported flaws, or about any posts on their own forums about issues, they attacked me claiming the flaws don't exist or are made up stories by people trying to harm the Tesla name.

One guy even accused me of not even wanting to buy a car, but just being there to sully the Tesla name. 🤣

I really enjoyed my test drive in the car, but boy are the Tesla fanbois annoying! It was like dealing with Donald Trump himself; "FAKE NEWS, FAKE NEWS, YOU ARE FAKE NEWS!"

I'm hoping I can find a decent UK Tesla forum, as I think most of the weirdos are from the US.
Well I hope you don't turn it a Tesla Fanbois!!!
My son has just got an Model3 performance a few weeks ago. I probably would have gone for one if they were available at the time I got the i-Pace as it was a lot cheaper. Having said that I do like the i-Pace. and I do like real leather. Oh and the camera in the front grill on the iPace I find useful, M3 hasn't got that
Good luck with the M3 and have fun.
i-Pace SE Black, Ivory interior, 360 camera, 20" wheels
other.... cars Lotus, Westfield, Classic Range Rover.

RJUK

Post by RJUK » Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:07 pm

Yeah, I'll miss the 360 camera on the I-Pace, though I don't really use the front one on its own and the 360 one comes up pretty tiny, so I only really use it for ensuring I'm straight in parking bays.

The price of the Tesla is another bonus for me, as it saves me just over £100 a month. Not insignificant when I have a second child on the way and the missus due to be on maternity for a while.

emgf

Post by emgf » Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:43 pm

RJUK wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:05 pm

Some people say that the “ Tesla fanbois “ are a cult ( but not all of them )
SE Yulong White , light oyster interior , 20" Gloss Black , since October 2018 , IMC: S19C ... Telematics 18.2 , H264