RJUK wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:12 pm

Jaguar Taunton .....

What an utter bunch of cowboys.
Named and Shamed.

Adski989

Re: Big leak on passenger side

Post by Adski989 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:22 pm

I'd be going mad if that was my car, can't stand that kind of attitude, problem is it's pretty rife in the car industry. Mercedes are just as bad, only decent dealer I've found in the last 5 years have been Volvo.

Billy Bunter

Post by Billy Bunter » Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:34 pm

cowboys
SE, Firenze Red, Black Pack & Black 20” wheels, Air Suspention, HUD, ACC, DAB+

RJUK

Post by RJUK » Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:48 pm

Adski989 wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:22 pm
I'd be going mad if that was my car, can't stand that kind of attitude, problem is it's pretty rife in the car industry. Mercedes are just as bad, only decent dealer I've found in the last 5 years have been Volvo.
Believe me, I'm livid. To not bother to reply to my email (after asking me to send the photos to them) nor call me back, is just ridiculous.

But I'm past that stage now. So I'm just going to keep chasing Lex Autolease to do something about it. My complaint is with them and I'm pushing to reject the car entirely.

I spend ages meticulously looking after my cars and keeping them immaculate and the only reason I chose black paint is because I know I can keep it nice. I have thousands of pounds of detailing gear, including high end waxes, sealants and machine polishers. But the state they've left that car in would take me months to correct. Every panel needs a multi stage machine polish (which would remove all the coatings on the car) and even then I'm left with a car that now has thinner paint.

Not to mention whatever they've done to the bonnet. That would need a respray, and being as meticulous as I am, it's unlikely I'd be happy with the result. I've taken previous cars back multiple times from having rough paint jobs done on them, and I just can't be bothered with it all again.
Especially not on a 3 month old car that costs around £80k. Not to mention my wife is pregnant, so I'm just not going to have the time and energy to mess around with it all in the coming weeks/months.

And if course, the fact that they refused to replace the water damaged carpet and A-pillar trim is on top of that, as well as the fact that the car still keeps steaming up all the time, indicating that they've not got all the moisture out with whatever they actually did.

I'm also not sure if they've damaged the bottom of the dash trim, in the area under watch the centre console where the light is.

You can see the split in it in the photo below.

Can you guys check yours and see if it's the same please?

IMG_20191107_205759.jpg

IMG_20191107_205756.jpg

Narvik Black I-Pace HSE with black everything, HUD, adaptive air suspension, privacy glass. 8-)

Jaganon

Post by Jaganon » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:51 am

Really sorry to read and see the damage a Jaguar authorised service business has inflicted on your car. I wish you well with your complaint and hope the issues can be put right elsewhere. I’m sure Jaguar will be interested to know of the tardiness of work and contempt shown to you. Taunton Jaguar should not be allowed to destroy their ‘client’s’ valuable property in this way. If you leave for a Tesla, I’m sure it will be a great car too with good isofix anchoring- good luck there too.
A picture to compare:

F4DFEC08-3D57-4365-ABA8-C7B7DB86F1F4.jpeg

I Pace FE MY19 delivered 30.10.18: Santorini Black, Oyster, 22” Carbon
IMC: S19A_19.07.2-312706 (SOTA) Telematics: 14.2

RJUK

Post by RJUK » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:03 am

Thanks Jaganon.

Looks like there is a panel split in that area then.

After hearing nothing back from Taunton Jaguar in a day and a half after telling them about the issues and sending them photos of the damage I left a bad review on Google for them last night.

They called me at 8:15 this morning!!

Funny how they're suddenly interested in calling me when I go public with my complaint.

With regards to the Tesla, if I go that way I'm doing so knowing that Tesla doesn't have the best quality control and poor paint.

But in that car the drivetrain and infotainment is what you're buying the car for. I think I'd just expect the worst and do what I can to keep it nice.

The Jaguar was supposed to be the high quality alternative and it has lost that positive point for me now, due to the countless issues.
Narvik Black I-Pace HSE with black everything, HUD, adaptive air suspension, privacy glass. 8-)

Jaganon

Re: Big leak on passenger s

Post by Jaganon » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:17 am

It reminds me of the bad old days of Jaguar service when I had an S Type. Lovely comfy sofa to drive but always issues when collected after a service. Deep scratches to windscreen, broken steering rack, couple of dents etc. Never there fault so you have to keep pushing to get things rectified.
I learnt to avoid them and go only when absolutely necessary.
The dealer is under new ownership and seems good on the service side (sales was a circus) but I still hold the same philosophy of only going when really needed. I’m waiting for the ‘big update’ to get bits rectified and the recall done. Thankfully no liquid leaks so far!

High quality certainly doesn’t mean quality care. The Ford garage over the years has been brilliant, BMW for the Mini atrocious!

Hopefully their new found interest will lead to action and a nice bouquet for Mrs. RJUK, who I’m sure is suffering too :lol:
I Pace FE MY19 delivered 30.10.18: Santorini Black, Oyster, 22” Carbon
IMC: S19A_19.07.2-312706 (SOTA) Telematics: 14.2

RJUK

Post by RJUK » Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:53 pm

I somewhat doubt they will give me anything. Especially with what I'll be demanding if I do end up having he keep the car.

New carpet, new A pillar trim, respray for the bonnet and full detail, machine polish and ceramic coating for the whole car.

The problem is, there are scratches in places that are going to be very difficult to polish. The top of the rear diffuser being one. I have always been super careful around the exterior plastics because they scratch even if you look at them wrong. But if course, the morons that the dealers use to scratch the cars to bits did a great job of f*cking all that up.

Unfortunately I have a very powerful security light on the garage and I'm getting home in the dark every day at the moment, and that light shows up all the swirls as clear as day. Seeing it each day makes me wince and die a little inside.

If I wasn't so mild mannered I'd have already delivered the car back through their showroom window and fed the keys to the service agent.

Post by ***** » Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:43 pm

RJUK wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:53 pm

If I wasn't so mild mannered I'd have already delivered the car back through their showroom window and fed the keys to the service agent.
Have you got a dashcam :-)

RJUK

Post by RJUK » Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:58 pm

No, sorry - though I imagine it would get a few views on YouTube!

Not sure that would help much from the confines of a prison cell though...