Late notification of exit by SatNav on A-Road Dual Carriageway

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
DougTheMac

Late notification of exit by SatNav on A-Road Dual Carriageway

Post by DougTheMac » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:48 pm

I don’t often go on unfamiliar routes, so I don’t rely on SatNav much, but a couple of times lately I’ve been caught out by a late notification of an upcoming exit. Steaming up a dual carriageway at c75 in the right hand lane, and the first indication that I needed to leave at a junction was so late I only just managed to swerve across the (fortunately clear) inside lane to get into the slip lane just before the hatching. Not good driving, I confess.
Anyone else had this problem? I have the impression it is since 19B, but as I say, I don’t rely on SatNav often, so it may have always been like this.
Last edited by DougTheMac on Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HSE Silicon Silver Pano Air+AD Oyster since 1Mar19
S19B_19.40.4-436082 & anon

oop north

Re: Late notification of exit by SatNav

Post by oop north » Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:07 pm

Have only noticed leaving the M6 coming southbound onto the M55 towards Blackpool. The satnav doesn’t even think it is a junction you need to turn off so if you were relying on it you will def miss it. Haven’t noticed this anywhere else but I usually rely on Waze
it’s here! Arrived 29.04.19, HSE, MY20, Caesium Blue, tan interior, black bits

qqiao

Post by qqiao » Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:30 am

Use Google maps if possible.

You should be notified about the exit a few miles out by the in car SatNav, and you should probably slow down a bit.
2019 IPace FE. Corris grey exterior. Oyster white interior.
S19B_19.40.4-436082/14.2

fa147

Post by fa147 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:39 am

DougTheMac wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:48 pm
I don’t often go on unfamiliar routes, so I don’t rely on SatNav much, but a couple of times lately I’ve been caught out by a late notification of an upcoming exit. Steaming up a dual carriageway at c75 in the right hand lane, and the first indication that I needed to leave at a junction was so late I only just managed to swerve across the (fortunately clear) inside lane to get into the slip lane just before the hatching. Not good driving, I confess.
Anyone else had this problem? I have the impression it is since 19B, but as I say, I don’t rely on SatNav often, so it may have always been like this.
What version of the maps are you on? I can’t tell as it’s not in your signature.
I-Pace MY20 HSE, Corris Grey, Ebony/Ebony Interior, 20” Grey & Diamond Turned, Panoramic Roof
IMC: S19B_19.40.4-436082 | Telematics: 16.2 | Map 8.30.100.156

fa147

Post by fa147 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:44 am

oop north wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:07 pm
Have only noticed leaving the M6 coming southbound onto the M55 towards Blackpool. The satnav doesn’t even think it is a junction you need to turn off so if you were relying on it you will def miss it. Haven’t noticed this anywhere else but I usually rely on Waze
Missing roads/junctions are not attributed to the InControl software updates but to the map updates.

I want to suggest you make sure you have updated your maps but equally any version of the map should include the junction you mentioned as that junction has been there well before the I-Pace was released, was it not?
I-Pace MY20 HSE, Corris Grey, Ebony/Ebony Interior, 20” Grey & Diamond Turned, Panoramic Roof

Goshdarnit

Post by Goshdarnit » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:32 am

oop north wrote:
This exact issue also exists in Scotland, coming off the M8 westbound onto Erskine Bridge. I’ve gone past the turning once but now I’m aware of the issue it doesn’t catch me out. Not exactly ideal though!

oop north

Post by oop north » Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:02 am

fa147 wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:44 am
oop north wrote:
Missing roads/junctions are not attributed to the InControl software updates but to the map updates.

I want to suggest you make sure you have updated your maps but equally any version of the map should include the junction you mentioned as that junction has been there well before the I-Pace was released, was it not?
By several decades! It’s weird - the countdown is to the first junction on the M55 half a mile or so later. I know it so well I don’t need the satnav but have put on a couple of times when starting home from somewhere unfamiliar so I needed direction to get started well. Mostly I would turn the nav off but three times I have left it on and the countdown totally ignores the turn on to the M55 and counts to the turn off the M55. I mostly rely on waze for some reason....
it’s here! Arrived 29.04.19, HSE, MY20, Caesium Blue, tan interior, black bits

fa147

Post by fa147 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:03 pm

oop north wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:02 am
By several decades! It’s weird - the countdown is to the first junction on the M55 half a mile or so later. I know it so well I don’t need the satnav but have put on a couple of times when starting home from somewhere unfamiliar so I needed direction to get started well. Mostly I would turn the nav off but three times I have left it on and the countdown totally ignores the turn on to the M55 and counts to the turn off the M55. I mostly rely on waze for some reason....
Then the issue is that Here.com (the people that manage the maps) don’t know about it or have omitted it from their maps.

I’m not sure if there is a way to report issues like this, but they must have a mechanism to inform them of missing/new roads.

Garryjw

Post by Garryjw » Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:55 pm

https://help.here.com/en/support/soluti ... here-wego-

This is the same maps so should work I think
My company car is a MY19 Firenze Red I-Pace HSE with Black Trim, HUD, Cold Weather Pack and Fog Lights.
Watch my i-Pace adventures on the iPaceOwner YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYIwYg ... 0xkLJjLmNg

RJUK

Post by RJUK » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:24 pm

I went away earlier this week and after stopping in a services for lunch my Google Maps decided it didn't want to work anymore and showed me going back and forth across a roundabout for around a mile or so. Then the marker started moving, but was around half a mile behind where we actually were. Not sure what the problem was, but it was fecking irritating. Anyway, I then switched to the Jag Nav as a backup and found that the lane indicators are worse than useless. They are wrong 100% of the time. It would be better if they weren't included at all. Having wrong lane indicators renders them completely useless. As we were heading to Milton Keynes there were loads of roundabouts and we had to go straight on at every single one, yet the Nav always told me to get in the left lane, which only turns left, or it would say the two left hand lanes, when it should have been the two right hand lanes, or some variation of this. It was wrong every single time. Either that, or I'm getting confused and the green lane with the white arrow actually means "don't use this lane" and the greyed-out lanes are the ones you're supposed to use?! (Even then it would have been wrong an awful lot.) Sometimes it would show 3 lanes when there were only 2, etc.

I kept wondering if there was any way to give feedback, but in my case the feedback would have been "every roundabout is wrong, fix your f*cking maps", as there was no way to keep track with all of them being wrong.
Narvik Black I-Pace HSE with black everything, HUD, adaptive air suspension, privacy glass. 8-)

Return to “Main Jaguar I-Pace chat”