ICEing

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
nipri

Re: ICEing

Post by nipri » Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:47 am

Morning folks,
Morrisons in Colindale have got disabled charging points near the entrance & the rest at the back on both sides of the wall.
Thanks,
FE Photon Red 20" Wheels, Light Oyster since 09/18.
My new Love! ;)

Post by ****** » Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:50 am

Captain.Plummet wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:41 am
Goshdarnit wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:23 am
Also let’s not forget that some disabled people have EVs. Put all the chargers in a distant location and they are then penalised. Ultimately I guess we’ll see chargers on disabled spaces maybe? Who knows. But disabled people do need to have access to chargers in good locations too.
If there is a lift in a multi-story the top floor generally has more space for disabled bays and the inconvenience of using the lift easily outweighs struggling in a packed ground floor. The chargers at Intu West Thurrock are in a ground floor car park but a disabled person wouldn't have a chance of using them unless the adjacent normal parking bays were empty.
Absolutely none of what you said makes any sense.

Post by ****** » Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:51 am

nipri wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:47 am
Morning folks,
Morrisons in Colindale have got disabled charging points near the entrance & the rest at the back on both sides of the wall.
Thanks,
That makes sense. That’s pretty much what I said I expect to see happening in time. Good to see it starting to happen already.

Captain.Plummet

Post by Captain.Plummet » Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:57 am

fa147 wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:31 am
Captain.Plummet wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:01 pm
It still isn’t going to happen and my argument is about planning the infrastructure so that we can all charge our cars. Your suggestions are unachievable in most places throughout Europe.
I’m sure the exact same was said for the number and frequency of petrol stations at some point.

If there is demand, there shall be a supply.
Thanks Malthus, however supply and demand has been displaced by speculation, driven by the belief that faster is better. We have single rapid chargers in car parks where many people want to park (and charge) their car all day (but they can't stay on the charger) and which are vulnerable to ICEing. We have rapid chargers miles away from trunk routes in hotel car parks where guests cannot charge overnight, at least they can only charge if they get out of bed and move their vehicle. We have an Ecotricity monopoly on rapid chargers on motorway services where there is generally only one CCS connector and then reliability is poor. It's a mess. I drive quite a few long trips and charge planning is hopeless as possibly 50% of the time there is an issue with the only charger, it has been ICEed or I'm in a queue of two or three cars waiting to use it. Hopefully the Ionity roll-out will be the catalyst for a better charging network.

SammyD

Post by SammyD » Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:58 am

Goshdarnit wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:51 am
nipri wrote:
Morning folks,
Thanks,
That makes sense. That’s pretty much what I said I expect to see happening in time. Good to see it starting to happen already.
Their Aldershot branch has the same arrangement but I've never seen anyone using the disabled spaces charging a car. The other chargers are as far from the store entrance as you can be and still be in the car park. They don't get used much though.
The chargers at John Lewis in Horsham get used a lot more. I guess demographics play a part... :) :)
Driving "Hirundo Rustica" since 15th Mar 2019. Lovely Jubbly :D :D
S19C_* Maps : whatever is current.

Captain.Plummet

Post by Captain.Plummet » Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:05 am

nipri wrote:
Morning folks,
Thanks,
That's good news. Presumably they are 7kW outlets? If so then it sounds like Morrisons are thinking along the same lines however it's in public long stay car parks that we need lots of low power charging points. I'm not sure what the situation at Sevenoaks is now but earlier in the year there were no rapid chargers in the town and just a couple of 7kW outlets on a post in the multi story near the station. On a second trip to a hearing at Sevenoaks council offices I used my motorcycle and found that there was no public motorcycle (or bicycle) parking anywhere near the council offices.
I had a pop at one of the magistrates after the hearing who admitted that Sevenoaks was not EV or two wheel friendly.

Captain.Plummet

Post by Captain.Plummet » Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:08 am

Goshdarnit wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:50 am
Captain.Plummet wrote:
Goshdarnit wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:23 am
Also let’s not forget that some disabled people have EVs. Put all the chargers in a distant location and they are then penalised. Ultimately I guess we’ll see chargers on disabled spaces maybe? Who knows. But disabled people do need to have access to chargers in good locations too.
If there is a lift in a multi-story the top floor generally has more space for disabled bays and the inconvenience of using the lift easily outweighs struggling in a packed ground floor. The chargers at Intu West Thurrock are in a ground floor car park but a disabled person wouldn't have a chance of using them unless the adjacent normal parking bays were empty.
Not an original response was it Goshdarnit? You clearly disagree with me, but your inability to comprehend a suggestion is your problem, not mine.

nipri

Post by nipri » Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:10 am

They are 7kW outlets & plenty of them.
FE Photon Red 20" Wheels, Light Oyster since 09/18.
My new Love! ;)

Post by ****** » Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:25 am

Captain.Plummet wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:08 am
Goshdarnit wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:50 am
Captain.Plummet wrote:

Not an original response was it Goshdarnit? You clearly disagree with me, but your inability to comprehend a suggestion is your problem, not mine.
I didn’t say I didn’t comprehend it. I said it didn’t make sense. A bad suggestion is a bad suggestion, regardless of who is reading it.

scm

Post by scm » Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:55 am

nipri wrote:
What happens if a disabled person ICEs the near entrance ones? Does disabled trump ICE?