Anyone had a leak?

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
RJUK

Anyone had a leak?

Post by RJUK » Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:09 pm

Used the car in heavy rain last night and got into it with the wife after walking through a rain storm. Dash on the passenger side was pretty splashed when my wife got in.

Today it hurled it down with really hard rain, then stopped and we went out again when it wasn't raining.

My wife then told me that she had drips on her feet as I went around a corner.

Now I'm worried that I have a leak somewhere at the base of the windscreen on her side, though it's perhaps possible that some water could have splashed in last night, but seems unlikely that it would collect in such a place to drop on her feet.

Anybody else experienced a leak, or maybe even water dripping in through the foot vents?
Narvik Black I-Pace HSE with black everything, HUD, adaptive air suspension, privacy glass. 8-)

ardevd

Re: Anyone had a leak?

Post by ardevd » Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:14 pm

Not helpful I'm afraid but my car went through a trip in heavy rains just a few days ago and everything was nice and dry. I was pretty attentive about it due to the fact that my Model S had an issue with water leaking in on the drivers side.
Control your I-Pace with jlrpy or WattCat for Android| I-PACE HSE Ebny Prem Txt MY2019.

Telematics: 18.2 | InControl: S20B_20.27.3-568398

RJUK

Post by RJUK » Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:19 pm

The car is going into Jag tomorrow for the matrix headlight fix, but I'm not sure they'd have time to do other things I've not told them about.

I might put some paper towels or something in the passenger footwell and monitor it this week whilst it's raining. Had my wife not been sat there I'd never have known it was dripping.
Narvik Black I-Pace HSE with black everything, HUD, adaptive air suspension, privacy glass. 8-)

fantonsen

Post by fantonsen » Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:32 am

Get a hose and flush plenty of water on the car while another person is sitting inside the car looking for water getting into the car. Then you may discover if and where there are any leaks.
I have not had any problems with my 1 year old I-Pace, and we live in a city with a lot of rain. But I have discovered several leaks in other, older cars this way. Try flushing water from different directions if you have trouble finding any leaks. The edge of the windows are the most likely spots for a leak.
🇳🇴 Norway
8-) I-Pace S | Firenze red | September 2018
:arrow: InControl: S20A_20.16.5-536345 | Telematics: 18.2 | BECS: BN-AAE-BC-AC-BE

Alistair

Post by Alistair » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:56 am

My I-Pace is back with the dealership at the moment with all four footwells having standing water after last week's heavy rain. Apparently the water ingress was around the windscreen so it is having a new windscreen and interior carpet fitted.

Hopefully this will not lead to any electrical or corrosion problems. The car is almost exactly one year old.

RJUK

Post by RJUK » Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:15 am

I replied on your other thread. I gave up on mine and sent it back. The A pillar trim was soaked and the carpet was like a paddling pool, but they refused to do anything but dry it out. My car was around 6 months old at the time. No way I was keeping an £80k car with a musty wet, dirty carpet.

MvM

Post by MvM » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:11 pm

RJUK wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:15 am
I replied on your other thread. I gave up on mine and sent it back. The A pillar trim was soaked and the carpet was like a paddling pool, but they refused to do anything but dry it out. My car was around 6 months old at the time. No way I was keeping an £80k car with a musty wet, dirty carpet.
That's a shocking display of bad customer management. The least they could have done is check if there is indeed a leak and if found, fix the problem.

RJUK

Post by RJUK » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:43 pm

MvM wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:11 pm
RJUK wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:15 am
That's a shocking display of bad customer management. The least they could have done is check if there is indeed a leak and if found, fix the problem.
Yes, they did that. The windscreen wasn't sealed correctly, so they replaced it. Took them weeks and sent the car back with a wet carpet. I complained and sent it back, they just used my battery to dry it out, then gave it back again, washed and scratched to bits, with windscreen adhesive on the bonnet.

When I spoke to Jaguar corporate they were shocked and opened a case, quickly deciding in my favour and allowing me to return the car. At that point they didn't even bother offering the new carpet.

Quite why they refused to replace it initially, I have no idea. The water I vacuumed out of it was black and filthy, and it was wet for a total of several weeks after all their messing about.

I suspect that after I handed the car back they washed it and put it straight up for sale to some other poor bugger for a pretty penny. It was a top spec HSE with a bunch of good extras.