I-Pace in York + UK roadshow dates

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
andyd1969

I-Pace in York + UK roadshow dates

Post by andyd1969 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:58 am

Hi

Thought you may be interested in seeing pictures of the I-Pace on display today and tomorrow at the York Designer Outlet.

I also managed to get a photo of the schedule of cars visiting dealerships around the uk.

Andy

F859EF72-DB7B-4EC9-941E-8162C9155BB4.jpeg

C0200AE4-785F-49AE-8AA8-931C67E77338.jpeg

C0AE861B-1AF3-4C93-AE1F-ADC03F0ECBBC.jpeg

B1D19B6C-F198-48EB-80EE-FC7934E5D1A1.jpeg

5399152D-777C-43BA-9F26-E6024E20BF24.jpeg

5961C7DC-4D5A-4A30-9197-9676B3BF6CE6.jpeg

767CC2ED-ACCF-436E-AF25-06BF8F704F66.jpeg

73DBCED2-E0D5-407C-8875-F821660E1F99.jpeg

26CEE643-EDDF-4268-BE33-BFD32DA23D2E.jpeg

DutchIpaceOwner

Re: I-Pace in York + UK roadshow dates

Post by DutchIpaceOwner » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:19 am

Very nice! I really like the blue, but I'm afraid you need to go all the way with the black-pack, privacy glass and black interior to make it work. Personally I would like the car to look a bit more friendly, guess I'm getting older :-)

johnd

Post by johnd » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:48 am

Would be nice if someone could put the images the right way round (they're inverted in my browser at least). I know it's often a problem on forums and totally unintentional but there do seem to be fixes. We probably need a mod who knows how to do these things.

Sparks

Post by Sparks » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:31 am

Transfer them to your desktop and they will be the right way up.

johnd

Post by johnd » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:39 am

Sparks wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:31 am
Transfer them to your desktop and they will be the right way up.
I know. But life is simpler if they're correct in the forum posts' flow and it's something that can be adjusted.

catwoman

Post by catwoman » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:21 pm

andyd1969 wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:58 am
Thought you may be interested in seeing pictures of the I-Pace on display today and tomorrow at the York Designer Outlet.

I also managed to get a photo of the schedule of cars visiting dealerships around the uk.
Thanks for providing us with the heads-up on this Andy, I went and had a look at the car in York this morning, I wouldn't have known about it without your mention of it. :)

The one on display is basically a highly spec'd SE variant (over £80k!) It looks good in the Caesium Blue, with external carbon fibre trim and 20" wheels. Some initial impressions...positive and negative....judged against my current F-Pace
  • The sports seats are very comfortable indeed and they really hugged my back nicely and provided good support right up to shoulderblade level.
  • The example on show has a black interior with Oyster stitching detail and the door cards have 'padded' soft touch panels where you would naturally rest your elbow and also up at the window sill, makes it feel a nice quality interior.
  • I wasn't as impressed with the steering wheel as I hoped I would be, I prefer the feel of the separate steering control buttons on my F-Pace to the smooth single ones on each side of the I-Pace wheel, but maybe that's just something that would 'grow' on me in time.
  • I really like how the car looks externally, from every angle, even the 'squared-off' rear end design looks very good, but I am not at all impressed with the solid black plastic front grille which curves inwards at the top for that new air-scoop feature. Unfortunately, to me, it looks and feels very cheap for an £80k car, compared to the more traditional Jag grille, as on my F-Pace.
  • I wasn't able to get an intuitive feel for the new InControl Duo Pro infotainment screens as they were just cycling on a 'demo' display mode, so it wasn't possible to actually interact with the controls, but the display resolution looked clear and high quality, as you would hope and expect.
  • I'm not all that keen on the retracting external door handles, they don't feel high quality enough to me and feel like they might easily break. Personally, I would prefer 'normal' door handles if there was a choice (which, obviously, there isn't!)
  • The boot space, whilst smaller than the F-Pace's, is still good and roomy overall, with a good low loading sill, but the lower roofline and sloping rear window will inevitably limit what goes in there (it would be a bit of a tight squeeze for my two dogs for example!!)
Overall, very glad to have had an opportunity to see the car 'in the flesh' . . . it feels nicely futuristic and updated, compared to my F-Pace, but if I am to go all electric in the near future I still have some reservations about whether it would be a practical enough vehicle for me to live with day-to-day, especially at this price-point. I do like many aspects of it, without any doubt, but the jury is still out for me on whether I'd actually trade my FP for one. I'm going to be very interested in what else comes on the market before I make that decision.

Thincat

Post by Thincat » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:25 pm

catwoman wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:21 pm
andyd1969 wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:58 am

Thanks for providing us with the heads-up on this Andy, I went and had a look at the car in York this morning, I wouldn't have known about it without your mention of it. :)

The one on display is basically a highly spec'd SE variant (over £80k!) It looks good in the Caesium Blue, with external carbon fibre trim and 20" wheels. Some initial impressions...positive and negative....judged against my current F-Pace
  • The sports seats are very comfortable indeed and they really hugged my back nicely and provided good support right up to shoulderblade level.
  • The example on show has a black interior with Oyster stitching detail and the door cards have 'padded' soft touch panels where you would naturally rest your elbow and also up at the window sill, makes it feel a nice quality interior.
  • I wasn't as impressed with the steering wheel as I hoped I would be, I prefer the feel of the separate steering control buttons on my F-Pace to the smooth single ones on each side of the I-Pace wheel, but maybe that's just something that would 'grow' on me in time.
  • I really like how the car looks externally, from every angle, even the 'squared-off' rear end design looks very good, but I am not at all impressed with the solid black plastic front grille which curves inwards at the top for that new air-scoop feature. Unfortunately, to me, it looks and feels very cheap for an £80k car, compared to the more traditional Jag grille, as on my F-Pace.
  • I wasn't able to get an intuitive feel for the new InControl Duo Pro infotainment screens as they were just cycling on a 'demo' display mode, so it wasn't possible to actually interact with the controls, but the display resolution looked clear and high quality, as you would hope and expect.
  • I'm not all that keen on the retracting external door handles, they don't feel high quality enough to me and feel like they might easily break. Personally, I would prefer 'normal' door handles if there was a choice (which, obviously, there isn't!)
  • The boot space, whilst smaller than the F-Pace's, is still good and roomy overall, with a good low loading sill, but the lower roofline and sloping rear window will inevitably limit what goes in there (it would be a bit of a tight squeeze for my two dogs for example!!)
Overall, very glad to have had an opportunity to see the car 'in the flesh' . . . it feels nicely futuristic and updated, compared to my F-Pace, but if I am to go all electric in the near future I still have some reservations about whether it would be a practical enough vehicle for me to live with day-to-day, especially at this price-point. I do like many aspects of it, without any doubt, but the jury is still out for me on whether I'd actually trade my FP for one. I'm going to be very interested in what else comes on the market before I make that decision.
Thanks for the photos and Andy - they are the best ones I have seen of my chosen colour - and the comments from Catwoman - particularly the comparisons with your F-Pace. I can see that I'm going to have to remember to duck because the tailgate does not open as high! If the I-Pace isn't big enough for you perhaps the J-Pace would suit you better? :)
F-Pace 3L Petrol AWD in BR Green

johnd

Post by johnd » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:35 pm

Thincat wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:25 pm
...perhaps the J-Pace would suit you better? :)
Personally I'll be quite interested to see the H-Pace. (I'm guessing that since E- and F-Pace are ICE cars then H-, I- and J-Pace will all be BEV?)

catwoman

Post by catwoman » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:33 am

When I spoke with the Jag people showing the I-Pace at York, yesterday, it was mentioned that there will also inevitably be hybrid and/or full electric versions of the F-Pace and E-Pace in due course, it makes sense - but it's anybody's guess what they'll be called.

The I-Pace chasis will likely form the basis of other new all-electric models in the future as it will provide Jag with the flexibility to effectively bolt-on different upper body shell designs and configurations onto the 'skateboard' battery / twin-motor platform.

Interesting times ahead, for sure.

Gdank

Post by Gdank » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:00 am

catwoman wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:33 am
When I spoke with the Jag people showing the I-Pace at York, yesterday, it was mentioned that there will also inevitably be hybrid and/or full electric versions of the F-Pace and E-Pace in due course, it makes sense - but it's anybody's guess what they'll be called.
I believe that the new updated XJ next year will have the first EV only , Plug-~In Hybrid, and ICE options, as stated by Jag in a lot of Magazines.

Now that's more interesting to me! As I currently love the XJ ... just wish my drive was long enough! :lol:

Return to “Main Jaguar I-Pace chat”