Meeting with I-Pace Engineering. Give me your questions!

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
ardevd

Meeting with I-Pace Engineering. Give me your questions!

Post by ardevd » Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:13 pm

I'm getting the opportunity to meet with a representative from the I-Pace engineering team in two weeks. I'm compiling a list of questions for the occasion and figured I'd let people here give their input if anyone have anything in particular they want answered. I'll try to keep the list of questions up to date here.

- What is the focus of the I-Pace engineering team moving forward.
- How does the IVI team work? What sort of devops and QA do they have in place.
- Is the MCU hardware the limiting factor in terms of infotainment performance?
- What is the current state of SOTA.
- Are issues such as creep mode resetting, jerky reversing cam, missing My EV tile, etc known to the team?
- When is support the Max SOC API coming to the I-Pace.
- Why cant the cruise control engage at lower speeds? Other vehicles do this. Can this be implemented in software?
Control your I-Pace with jlrpy or WattCat for Android| I-PACE HSE Ebny Prem Txt MY2019.

Telematics: 16.2 | InControl: S19B_19.35.4-418001

Goshdarnit

Re: Meeting with I-Pace Engineering. Give me your questions!

Post by Goshdarnit » Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:22 pm

I’d like to suggest that they find a means of merging Adaptive Cruise with Adaptive Speed Limiter so the car alters speed when in cruise control in accordance with changing speed limits. Obviously with the ability to switch that off.
I-Pace First Edition, Corris Grey, Oyster interior, 22” diamond cut alloys with carbon inserts.
IMC: S19A_19.24.2-375121 Telematics: 14.2
Last update: 26/08/19

Check out my I-Pace Channel on YouTube
Control your iPace with Siri voice commands

SteveA

Post by SteveA » Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:38 pm

Thanks for taking this on, my thoughts below in addition to what you have already:

I think the issue with the reversing camera can better be described as "delayed" rather than " jerky" but if others see a jerky video then perhaps describe this as "jerky/delayed".

What about an update on the Hybrid battery issue which seems to be affecting quite a few owners and dealers are struggling to resolve within reasonable time scales.(I believe this is to do with the 12volt system).

Regarding the Apps, I currently have two on my iPhone, the original one and the more recent one. Whats going on with this, are there plans to remove the oldest App and develop the most recent one?
I Pace EV400 SE, Yulong white, options: Oyster leather, 20' wheels, MY19, delivered 03/2019
InControl: S19B_19.35.5-418001 | Telematics: Version not showing

ELray

Post by ELray » Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:14 pm

Since huge parts of the car is software related, will Jaguar release a bug reporting system for users/owners?
🇳🇴 Norway
:arrow: I-Pace S Edition X590 (19MY)
:arrow: Build date: 1 Feb 2019 | Delivered: 15 March 2019
⚙️ Telematics: 16.2
⚙️ InControl(updOTA:19.09.20): S19B_19.35.5-418001
⚙️ Maps(upd:19.09.30): 08.030.0100.0153

fa147

Post by fa147 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:22 pm

One of the main aspects of BEVs is charging speed and the I-Pace is no exception. We can find ways of living with the infotainment (although we should not have to) but when are we going to see the promised 100kW charging rate and can it be sustained for longer?

Furthermore, are there plans to increase the charging rate to over 100kW and if so when?

The faster we can charge the sooner we can leave public charging stations (providing they are 100+kW rates), as we tend to use them on long distance trips.
Last edited by fa147 on Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I-Pace MY20 HSE, Corris Grey, Ebony/Ebony Interior, 20” Grey & Diamond Turned, Panoramic Roof
IMC: S19B_35.5-418001 | Telematics: 16.2 | Map 8.30.100.153

Bart

Post by Bart » Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:29 pm

Goshdarnit wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:22 pm
I’d like to suggest that they find a means of merging Adaptive Cruise with Adaptive Speed Limiter so the car alters speed when in cruise control in accordance with changing speed limits. Obviously with the ability to switch that off.
Mmmm. Before the implement that, they really need to improve the sign-recognition: many times on the highway (130) the max speed is indicated as 30. Easy way to implement the famous tesla-phantom-braking in the i-pace..

Bart

Post by Bart » Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:35 pm

Guess this thread will explode to a wish-list / bug-report list.

So biggest question: do they read the fora? And do they change their priorities according?

what disturbs me the most (even very dangerous):
- correction of lane-departure, especially on narrow roads, but it also reacts to shadows on the highway

what would like being added:
- camping mode i.e. airco / fan / infotainment stays on while the "car" is switched off (while leaving the car, when the kids are still inside)

Goshdarnit

Post by Goshdarnit » Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:26 pm

Please give us some sort of change log when they issue a software update.
I-Pace First Edition, Corris Grey, Oyster interior, 22” diamond cut alloys with carbon inserts.
IMC: S19A_19.24.2-375121 Telematics: 14.2
Last update: 26/08/19

Check out my I-Pace Channel on YouTube
Control your iPace with Siri voice commands

emgf

Post by emgf » Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:33 pm

Bart wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:35 pm
Guess this thread will explode to a wish-list / bug-report list.

So biggest question: do they read the fora? And do they change their priorities according?

what disturbs me the most (even very dangerous):
- correction of lane-departure, especially on narrow roads, but it also reacts to shadows on the highway

what would like being added:
- camping mode i.e. airco / fan / infotainment stays on while the "car" is switched off (while leaving the car, when the kids are still inside)
I think this is the most critical issue i.e. DO THEY READ THE FORUM ? WHY THEY NEVER COMMUNICATE ?
SE Yulong White , light oyster interior , 20" Gloss Black , since October 9th 2018 , S19B_19.35, 16.2

Blackseries

Post by Blackseries » Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:02 am

OK, this might be just me but I would really like the ability to see the cameras that show the front wheels at speeds up to about 30mph.
I have to go through lots of width restriction bollards and to have to slow to zero to activate the cameras and for them to switch themselves off so quickly as speed builds (admittedly after H228 they stay on to slightly higher speeds) is a pain in the a****.
The fact that the latest generation of JLR products have cameras & screens for mirrors means screens showing moving pictures of the outside of the car can't be illegal - so why switch them off - or at least make it user configurable if they stay on or not.
Could you ask them if this would be possible?

Return to “Main Jaguar I-Pace chat”