Rear Mounted Cycle Carrier – RHD (T4K1179) - Installation Instructions

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
Bigpurplepenguin

Rear Mounted Cycle Carrier – RHD (T4K1179) - Installation Instructions

Post by Bigpurplepenguin » Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:25 pm

Hi,

Does anyone have the installation instructions from Topix for the Rear Mounted Cycle Carrier – RHD (T4K1179)? I was sure I'd seen it on the forum but cant find it any more.

Thanks in advance!

James
Navrik Black HSE, 22" 5056 wheels, air suspension and dynamics, pano roof, privacy glass, and rear mounted bike carrier.

20B / 16.2

Billy Bunter

Re: Rear Mounted Cycle Carrier – RHD (T4K1179) - Installation Instructions

Post by Billy Bunter » Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:12 pm

better still, they’re on the web:
http://accessories-instructions.jaguar. ... e/G2201805
SE, Firenze Red, Black Pack & Black 20” wheels, Air Suspention, HUD, ACC, DAB+

NightFox

Post by NightFox » Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:14 pm

I don't know if @Pcheaven comes on here much any more since selling his I-Pace, but he had the cycle carrier and I think was also a user of Topix, so you might want to try dropping him a PM or even just searching his old posts, it might be one of them you were thinking of.

Edit: or just follow the link in the post above :-)

Bigpurplepenguin

Post by Bigpurplepenguin » Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:56 pm

Billy Bunter wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:12 pm
better still, they’re on the web:
http://accessories-instructions.jaguar. ... e/G2201805
Brilliant, must've seen it there then. Cheers!
Navrik Black HSE, 22" 5056 wheels, air suspension and dynamics, pano roof, privacy glass, and rear mounted bike carrier.

20B / 16.2

paul.x.williams

Post by paul.x.williams » Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:26 am

I just had a conversation with Jaguar and was informed to purchase the rear cycle rack I would need to have a tow bar fitted at a garage and this would also involve drilling holes for cable routing.
This highlights why I could not find any reviews of this cycle carrier, as a active tri athlete I am well pissed with this as I thought it would have been a plug and play system for the price.
Annoying and over priced and bordering on mid advertising from the limited information you can obtain, let down Jaguar expected more.

bluenun

Post by bluenun » Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:42 am

Paul -

You won't need a tow bar to fit the cycle carrier. Actually, I think the carrier is incompatible with a tow bar as it would occupy the same space. You do need electrics fitting though - it's a very quick job. It does require a hole for the cables to go through the floor in the boot somewhere. It's not at all noticeable once done.

The carrier is made by Thule and is easy to use.

slowlane

Post by slowlane » Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:46 am

paul.x.williams wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:26 am
I just had a conversation with Jaguar and was informed to purchase the rear cycle rack I would need to have a tow bar fitted at a garage and this would also involve drilling holes for cable routing.
This highlights why I could not find any reviews of this cycle carrier, as a active tri athlete I am well pissed with this as I thought it would have been a plug and play system for the price.
Annoying and over priced and bordering on mid advertising from the limited information you can obtain, let down Jaguar expected more.
To be clear, the rear-mounted rack, which I have, does not need a tow bar fitted. However the so-called preparation kit, listed as a standard fitting in the specifications for the car, has to be installed which is simply a wiring harness and socket that the dealer can fit. The rack simply screws into the existing holes for the rear tow eyes. What the dealer might be confused by is that there is an alternative cycle rack that can clamp on a tow ball if already fitted. Both racks are made by Thule for Jaguar
SE MY19 since 03/19. TouchPro S20B LG solar 7.8kWp & Zappi 1

paul.x.williams

Post by paul.x.williams » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:30 pm

That answers a lot of questions as I was looking at the Thule , a lot cheaper also and it seemed very similar.Thanks appreciate the reply
Paul.

elbocko

Post by elbocko » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:16 pm

paul.x.williams wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:26 am
To add further, I have the factory fitted tow bar/electrics and a Volvo cycle rack that clamps to the tow bar. Not a Jaguar recommendation but it works well.
El Bocko

E 2ERO, SE, Firenze Red, MY19, 18". Still loving it.
Infotainment - S20C_20.16.5-536345. It has gone backwards, now S20B_20.27.3-568398 @ 26/7/2020
Vehicle Connectivity 17.2,
Battery Energy Control Shh, it won't say. H264v3 completed.

Millywilly3

Post by Millywilly3 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:42 pm

The rear towing eye version connects to the car at two points and is more stable than the tow ball version. I had the towbal version on my previous car, but prefer the towing eye rack. It's excellent