Off Road Height

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
EVVET

Off Road Height

Post by EVVET » Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:27 pm

Hi,

Unless I am mistaken Jaguar describe that the air suspension can be manually lifted from normal to off-road (1) height. Then additional manual lifting to off-road 2 height can be achieved by a further press of the off-road button. Extended height beyond that is automatically controlled largely.

If I lift to off-road (1) height and further press the ‘up’ button I get no further lifting of the body so does off-road 2 height exist at all?

Any thoughts appreciated.

neverhood

Re: Off Road Height

Post by neverhood » Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:09 pm

I believe the highest setting is automatically engaged when the car is grounded, it will extend to un-beach the car.
MY20 SE in Fuji White - Air susp. w/ AD - Matrix LEDs Octopus referral code: https://share.octopus.energy/kiwi-swan-418

Post by ****** » Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:18 pm

Yes. The extended height only happens when the car detects it is grounded, wading in deep water, or when it detects narrow ruts. Once it has engaged itself, you can then (and only then) request extra height over and above that by pressing the brake and pressing the up button for more than three seconds.

EVVET

Post by EVVET » Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:56 pm

Hi,

I read from the owners manual that off road height 2 is a step before the extended height and can be manually selected. Ive attaches the section I have read. Maybe I have misunderstood.

73EF8176-655B-48C9-8BBB-B578C1DA5EE1.png

ardevd

Post by ardevd » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:19 pm

I read the same thing before I took delivery of my car. I asked the dealer about it and they had no clue but agreed with my understanding of what the manual says. Would.be great to know what's actually the case here.
Control your I-Pace with jlrpy or WattCat for Android| I-PACE HSE Ebny Prem Txt MY2019.

Telematics: 18.2 | InControl: S20B_20.27.3-568398

Post by ****** » Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:04 pm

Yes that’s right. There are two different things. Off road mode and extended mode. The two off road heights can be selected but extended mode only cuts in when the car detects a reason to do it and cannot be manually selected. Once active, you can then manually force and even higher height again with a long press of the button while pressing the brake.

ardevd

Post by ardevd » Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:08 pm

Goshdarnit wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:04 pm
Yes that’s right. There are two different things. Off road mode and extended mode. The two off road heights can be selected but extended mode only cuts in when the car detects a reason to do it and cannot be manually selected. Once active, you can then manually force and even higher height again with a long press of the button while pressing the brake.
So how do you activate the second of the two off-road modes?
Control your I-Pace with jlrpy or WattCat for Android| I-PACE HSE Ebny Prem Txt MY2019.

Telematics: 18.2 | InControl: S20B_20.27.3-568398

Post by ****** » Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:16 pm

You just press the up button once the suspension is at the first off road height. As long as you’re not going above 25mph it will raise another 12mm.

syncd

Post by syncd » Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:55 pm

I only seem to have one off road height position, and it's the full length (raises by 48mm, to a total of 230mm). Pressing the up button once raises it totally, pressing it further doesn't do a thing.

Does anyone have any insight on whether constantly raising/lowering the air suspension puts too much stress on it? I'm somewhat wary of turning on Auto-access height, because i feel it might put undue stress on it.

Abu Dhabi Dude

Post by Abu Dhabi Dude » Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:07 pm

ardevd wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:08 pm
Goshdarnit wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:04 pm
So how do you activate the second of the two off-road modes?
As I said, it’s supposedly automatic. The car will only go into extended mode when it detects an obstruction which requires it. Only then (after the car goes into extended mode and raises the suspension) can you put it up one more time by using the method above. Note, I’ve never personally tested this but that was the information I received from JLR.

Edit: trying to describe this in a more logical fashion, there are supposedly 3 heights. 1 is manually selected. 2 is automatic and cannot be manually selected. 3 is manually selected but can’t be selected until the car ha put itself in 2. Again, I’ve never actually tested this.