Andersen Charger Delivery Problems

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
Trigger

Andersen Charger Delivery Problems

Post by Trigger » Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:35 pm

My I-Pace is due in mid-July and I ordered an Andersen Charger to deliver very early July to ensure I could charge at 7kw when my I-Pace arrives. This would enable me to complete my daily journeys and recharge enough overnight for the next days travels - I have a daily minimum of 120 mile round trip often more. I picked Andersen because I didn't really want an obvious white box on the front of my house.

Firstly they informed me I needed to have a fixed ethernet connection to my router as wi-fi won't work until an update in August, and now they have just emailed me to say they now cannot deliver until some unknown date in August due to a faulty batch of components. Is this typical of them and are their units reliable?

It leaves me with a problem that I won't conveniently be able to charge at home for my daily travel, meaning I will be forced to stop daily at chargers on the motorway or similar for an hour every day. Lots of awful coffee and KFC's is the risk here, so not best pleased.

I'm considering using another type of charger at home, does anyone recommend a particular reliable brand likely to have a quick delivery.
Photon Red HSE on order: Built 21st June - at dealer for delivery 20th July

alex_haddock

Re: Andersen Charger Delivery Problems

Post by alex_haddock » Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:45 pm

Which one have you ordered, the new wall mount version? I’m still waiting for my P1 which has slipped a couple of months but is a new product. I’ve actually been getting by with mainly public charging since I got mine in March and its not been too bad but I am close to two fast and one rapid so fortunate. Definitely want something in place by winter though.

Mine has to go inside my garden and so need a stand up unit that looks attractive so I’ll hold on a bit longer.
i-Pace First Edition, Santorini Black from 4th March ‘19. (14.2 - 19.07.2-312706)

pedro1664

Post by pedro1664 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:59 am

Had mine fitted a month before my car arrived, been great, they came and updated one component foc, other than that been faultless. Nice looking unit to.
I-Pace HSE, Silicon Silver, 22" 5056 Black Pack

AGT

Post by AGT » Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:58 am

I agree with pedro1664.

I have had my wall mount unit since March. No problems at all. It looks good (more accurately less bad) and is a really solid piece of kit.

I also thought that Andersen's installation service was first class.

Captain.Plummet

Post by Captain.Plummet » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:07 am

Trigger wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:35 pm
My I-Pace is due in mid-July and I ordered an Andersen Charger to deliver very early July to ensure I could charge at 7kw when my I-Pace arrives. This would enable me to complete my daily journeys and recharge enough overnight for the next days travels - I have a daily minimum of 120 mile round trip often more. I picked Andersen because I didn't really want an obvious white box on the front of my house.

Firstly they informed me I needed to have a fixed ethernet connection to my router as wi-fi won't work until an update in August, and now they have just emailed me to say they now cannot deliver until some unknown date in August due to a faulty batch of components. Is this typical of them and are their units reliable?

It leaves me with a problem that I won't conveniently be able to charge at home for my daily travel, meaning I will be forced to stop daily at chargers on the motorway or similar for an hour every day. Lots of awful coffee and KFC's is the risk here, so not best pleased.

I'm considering using another type of charger at home, does anyone recommend a particular reliable brand likely to have a quick delivery.
You could consider a JuiceBooster 2. It’s a portable charger with a range of connectors from domestic to 32A 3 phase. The unit is really well made and fits under the boot floor with all the adapters. All you need then is a 32A outlet at your home/work or regular destination and you have the same performance as a wall mounted charger. I often visit temporary sites and, using the JuiceBooster, I can charge from a generator distribution panel or whatever outlets are available.

silverfox

Post by silverfox » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:22 am

Not that my comments will help with Trigger's situation, but I have recently had an Andersen A2 unit fitted at home which although able to provide a charge will not currently join the Konnect smart system network they provide.
In my experience any mechanical/electrical devise can and does have the occasional issue, the key is how the supplier deals with these and so far I have found that all the staff I have dealt with have been fantastic. Plus the attention to detail when fitting the unit, the responses to the issue raised and indeed the lengths they have gone to support and rectify the problem is refreshing.
I therefore do not hesitate to recommend that someone who is looking for an aesthetically pleasing, well supported and future proofed unit invest in an Andersen.
Last edited by silverfox on Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:05 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Quakered

Post by Quakered » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:24 am

Had much the same problem. I was keen to install a Zappi that would allow me to divert spare electricity from our PV to the car. I was told that they were in the midst of making a new version that MIGHT be available in late July. I MIGHT also be able to get one of the old versions but these were in short supply and no discount for buying old stock. Since I was expecting my car in early July I decided not to do business with a company that appear unreliable and I wanted to ensure I could charge at home the the car arrived. A wise decision as I am picking up the cat tomorrow!

I confess I also thought the Zappi web site was dreadful. Lots of self promotion of the staff but very little about the product. Indeed when you clicked on information, it returned a screen asking whether I wanted to pre order one, rather than tell me about the product!

lukegEV

Post by lukegEV » Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:53 pm

I've also had the same e-mail and I'm not happy that they aren't even willing to offer an installation date until the end of July! So it does not instill me with confidence that it will be installed until late August! I take delivery of my car within the next two weeks.

I've looked at Wallbox Copper as an alternative, but it isn't clear if this is fully installed? They charge £320 for an Installation Pack? Any ideas on the people who have bought from Wallbox?

ChrisMc

Post by ChrisMc » Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:10 pm

lukegEV wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:53 pm
I've also had the same e-mail and I'm not happy that they aren't even willing to offer an installation date until the end of July! So it does not instill me with confidence that it will be installed until late August! I take delivery of my car within the next two weeks.

I've looked at Wallbox Copper as an alternative, but it isn't clear if this is fully installed? They charge £320 for an Installation Pack? Any ideas on the people who have bought from Wallbox?
Installation is extra, just email them with your details and they will give you a full quote.
MY20 - I Pace HSE EV400 in Black with full black pack, Mars Red Windsor leather sports seats, gloss black 20” wheels etc etc
InControlTouch Pro: S18D - Telematics: Was 14.2 Now ???

Trigger

Post by Trigger » Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:28 pm

After much back and forth eventually they have agreed to meet my date but with a different temporary unit (different colour wall box basically). They will then come back and replace with my chosen colours. Fingers Crossed but sounds like they are doing their best to work through a major supplier failure and help people as best. It's always difficult for smaller companies when something like that happens.
Photon Red HSE on order: Built 21st June - at dealer for delivery 20th July

Return to “Main Jaguar I-Pace chat”