Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner

Fishguard to Dorchester

3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  npritchard 
#1 ·
Hi All,

I was hoping to attempt a Kilkenny, Ireland to Dorchester road trip via Ferry to Fishguard in July. I have Zap map and other tools; but just wondering if anyone has any knowledge go the Fishguard to Bristol portion of the route.

What worries me is the presence of Ecotricity chargers along the Welsh route and given their less then stellar reputation ... I have concerns! No insult to Wales - but my plan is not to get stranded there for an overnight charge! Am I over thinking it?

"A better route planner" suggested Nat-y-ci Carpark or the Holiday Inn Express Newport chargers?

Any advice or sage warnings would be appreciated.

Mike.

#2 ·
Plant Building Product Motor vehicle House

There is a polar charger in Swansea - I haven't done any charging away from him in my iPace yet (did quite a bit in my i3 that I had for three years) but based on everyone's experience of ecotricity recently and with iPace I have taken out a polar subscription

Attachments

#3 ·
Cheers Oop North - thats very handy; thanks for letting me know!

Will keep my eye out for Polar chargers in my route planners.

BTW have you any direct experience with Instavolt CCS chargers by any chance? Reason I ask is that there is an Instavolt in Shepton Mallet - right where it would be highly useful for a charge on my road trip ...

We don't have either charger in Ireland; so never had the chance to test.

Regards
Mike

#4 ·
Grifmike said:
Cheers Oop North - thats very handy; thanks for letting me know!

Will keep my eye out for Polar chargers in my route planners.

BTW have you any direct experience with Instavolt CCS chargers by any chance? Reason I ask is that there is an Instavolt in Shepton Mallet - right where it would be highly useful for a charge on my road trip ...

We don't have either charger in Ireland; so never had the chance to test.

Regards
Mike
InstaVolt are awesome. Very simple to use. No app or registration needed. Just swipe your contactless payment card, Apple Watch with Apple Pay or phone with contactless payment (or even ChargePoint RFID cars if you have one), plug in and press start. Ultra simple, it's how charging should be. I've also found them 100% reliable and never had an issue charging the I-Pace, unlike some other networks.

#6 ·
The other thing about InstaVolt, which I think is completely overlooked, is that all their installations have two chargers. Simple thing but think about it, who else (apart from Tesla) always does that. It doubles your chance of a free/working charger. And the Bannatyne Gyms are so welcoming and great places to stop for coffee and/or lunch. Always my first port of call.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.