FullyChargedLive iPace Owner meet up sunday

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
Goshdarnit

Re: FullyChargedLive iPace Owner meet up sunday

Post by Goshdarnit » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:30 pm

Yeah I would have to say that based on my experience the NC500 wouldn’t be possible in the I-Pace. Unless you were planning nightstops with 7kw AC charging available (not sure if that’s an option).
I-Pace First Edition, Corris Grey, Oyster interior, 22” diamond cut alloys with carbon inserts.
IMC: S19A_19.07.2-312706 Telematics: 14.2

Check out my I-Pace Channel on YouTube
Control your iPace with Siri voice commands

SammyD

Post by SammyD » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:13 am

Chutche wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:28 pm
Probably none of the chargers would work with the i_pace anyway.
At least one of them was the more modern type which it supposed to work with the I-Pace.

One retailer told me that the route was already as busy this year as last August and that most Campsites are fully booked.
Campers were close to outnumbering bikers on the roads. BREXIT may have something to do with it (perhaps)
If you were going to do it in the I-Pace, I'd go north from Inverness to Wick and then along the top to say Tongue. That's mostly good roads and not single tracked. With a full charge you from there you will get to Lochinver. Then a charge up in Poolewe or Kinlochinver and you will be good to face the Applecross loop. If you have good weather you really need to saviour the scenery. Then it is an easy side trip to Plockton or the Kyle of Lochalsh and the run back to inverness is a doddle from there with a full charge.
Driving "Hirundo Rustica" since 15th Mar 2019. Lovely Jubbly :D :D

Jagmanmick

Post by Jagmanmick » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:18 am

SammyD wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:13 am
Chutche wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:28 pm
Probably none of the chargers would work with the i_pace anyway.
At least one of them was the more modern type which it supposed to work with the I-Pace.

One retailer told me that the route was already as busy this year as last August and that most Campsites are fully booked.
Campers were close to outnumbering bikers on the roads. BREXIT may have something to do with it (perhaps)
If you were going to do it in the I-Pace, I'd go north from Inverness to Wick and then along the top to say Tongue. That's mostly good roads and not single tracked. With a full charge you from there you will get to Lochinver. Then a charge up in Poolewe or Kinlochinver and you will be good to face the Applecross loop. If you have good weather you really need to saviour the scenery. Then it is an easy side trip to Plockton or the Kyle of Lochalsh and the run back to inverness is a doddle from there with a full charge.
You are forgetting one thing, all the rapid chargers on the NC500 north of Inverness are the old eVolt tri chargers that at this moment in time are incompatible with I-pace so doing it in the I-Pace would be a challenge.
MY20 I-Pace SE in Firenze Red. Took delivery 25/04/19 :D

Return to “Main Jaguar I-Pace chat”