Meeting with JLR at Fully Charged Live

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
emgf

Meeting with JLR at Fully Charged Live

Post by emgf » Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:03 pm

I attended today Fully Charged Live in Silverstone and met with JLR in two occasions :
— when i arrived i left my questions at the JLR stand and got an answer back in the afternoon from the I-Pace Global Product Manager : the
upgrade of the upgrades that will solve the main issues I.e. SOTA and 100 KW charging will be delayed from June to August . ( unfortunately i did not
meet him )
— i attended during the day a session on « how to live an electric life » with Chantal Shearing , JLR e-mobility manager who said that JLR has no plan
to make a deal with Tesla about using their superchargers network.
I told him after the session that JLR could improve the quality of its electric life by giving more consideration to the members of this forum .
She will pass the message to CRC.
SE Yulong White , light oyster interior , 20" Gloss Black , since October 2018 , IMC: S19C ... Telematics 18.2 , H264

ardevd

Re: Meeting with JLR at Fully Charged Live

Post by ardevd » Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:15 pm

Thanks for the report.

May I suggest that at the next such event we collect questions from the community here that can be passed on to whoever here can attend?
Control your I-Pace with jlrpy or WattCat for Android| I-PACE HSE Ebny Prem Txt MY2019.

Telematics: 18.2 | InControl: S20B_20.27.3-568398

Baikar

Post by Baikar » Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:46 pm

The whole over the air thing has just become a total joke. JLR if your reading this, stop advertising and promoting vehicles with features you know nothing about and seem incapable of delivering. I’m not sure when the first cars were delivered but this must be fast approaching a year!

emgf

Post by emgf » Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:48 pm

ardevd wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:15 pm
Thanks for the report.

May I suggest that at the next such event we collect questions from the community here that can be passed on to whoever here can attend?
I am in Silverstone until Sunday if you have more questions … i have passed the 2 main questions SOTA and 100kw
SE Yulong White , light oyster interior , 20" Gloss Black , since October 2018 , IMC: S19C ... Telematics 18.2 , H264

Baikar

Post by Baikar » Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:50 pm

emgf wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:48 pm
ardevd wrote:
Thanks for the report.

I am in Silverstone until Sunday if you have more questions … i have passed the 2 main questions SOTA and 100kw
Are you camping? I plan to arrive tomorrow but the weather doesn’t look so good.

emgf

Post by emgf » Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:54 pm

The weather was terrible . I am not camping fortunately.
What i found most fascinating today was not the eco conferences but the noises of the sports cars that kept running all day on the track.;;

ardevd

Post by ardevd » Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:57 pm

emgf wrote:
ardevd wrote:
Thanks for the report.

- When will wireless Android Auto arrive? (I was told by someone, don't remember who, that it's coming)
- Can we expect Android Auto anytime soon in countries where Google does not officially distribute the app?
- The energy gauge in the IPC is very laggy. A lot more so than the speedometer gauge. Is a fix coming?
- Will general responsiveness of InControl, including IPC and the climate controls be improved moving forward?
- What modules will be covered by SOTA? (I keep reading contradicting claims on this)
- Have they found a fix for the laggy backup camera? Parking sensors also seem to respond/activate too late.
- Will we see a Qi wireless charger retrofit for the I-Pace? The storage area in the flight deck seems designed for wireless charging.
- Why doesn't the API report interior temperature?
- What operating system is InControl running?
Control your I-Pace with jlrpy or WattCat for Android| I-PACE HSE Ebny Prem Txt MY2019.

Telematics: 18.2 | InControl: S20B_20.27.3-568398

emgf

Post by emgf » Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:01 pm

ardevd wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:57 pm
emgf wrote:
ardevd wrote:
Thanks for the report.

- When will wireless Android Auto arrive? (I was told by someone, don't remember who, that it's coming)
- Can we expect Android Auto anytime soon in countries where Google does not officially distribute the app?
- The energy gauge in the IPC is very laggy. A lot more so than the speedometer gauge. Is a fix coming?
- Will general responsiveness of InControl, including IPC and the climate controls be improved moving forward?
- What modules will be covered by SOTA? (I keep reading contradicting claims on this)
- Have they found a fix for the laggy backup camera? Parking sensors also seem to respond/activate too late.
- Will we see a Qi wireless charger retrofit for the I-Pace? The storage area in the flight deck seems designed for wireless charging.
- Why doesn't the API report interior temperature?
- What operating system is InControl running?
Hope to get you some answers to morrow

Garryjw

Post by Garryjw » Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:54 pm

emgf wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:01 pm

I'm hosting an ipace owner round table on Sunday at 2pm on the mezzanine by Hall 1 would be great to see you there.
My company car is a MY19 Firenze Red I-Pace HSE with Black Trim, HUD, Cold Weather Pack and Fog Lights.
Watch my i-Pace adventures on the iPaceOwner YouTube channel https://YouTube.com/iPaceOwner

emgf

Post by emgf » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:29 pm

Garryjw wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:54 pm
emgf wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:01 pm

I'm hosting an ipace owner round table on Sunday at 2pm on the mezzanine by Hall 1 would be great to see you there.
See you then