WattCat - InControl remote app for Android

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
ardevd

Re: WattCat - InControl remote app for Android

Post by ardevd » Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:03 pm

ravrav wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:00 pm
Auto charge logging :-)
That is on the list still :) thank you for reminding me.
Control your I-Pace with jlrpy or WattCat for Android| I-PACE HSE Ebny Prem Txt MY2019.

Telematics: 18.2 | InControl: 19C_19.46.4-458817

Lobster

Post by Lobster » Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:09 am

ardevd wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:22 pm
Backlog is shrinking, so if anyone have any feature suggestions feel free to bring them forth :)

I find WattCat to be very useful, thanks for continuing to improve it.

Re the Charge Logging: Please is it possible to place the most recent data field ( Max % ) at the top of the list vs scrolled off the screen.

Re the Charge Logging: It appears that sometimes my 1st & 2nd Data Point kW readings are displayed as higher values than the actual charge rate. ie 3kW & 3.4kW shown when 1.5kW is input from a 6Amp input granny charger. Later readings are shown at the correct kW values.

Re the Charge Logging: Sometimes the 1st or last data points are not recorded on the Charge Log, Is that due to the approx 15 minute polling intervals?

I often watch the WattCat Charging Screen as I enforce a slow balance charge at a low 6A or 1.5kW at home. My battery kW capacity has been reading low at 100%, so I record the incremental daily kW improvement ( now up to 81.6kW ). . .
At this very low kW charge rate the WattCat Charging Screen seems to be reluctant to display updated less than 1kW readings. Is it possible for a recycle or clock icon to be placed on the Charging Screen?. . .
I currently go back to the Dashboard Screen and press the recycle & clock icons until I see the pop up line " Updated 0 minutes ago ". This method seems to update the Charging Screen.

Cheers, Steve
MY19 |1st Edition | Photon Red/Ebony | 20" 5070s |
H264 | H280 v2 | SOTA | S19C_19.46.4-458817 | TCU: J8A2-70712-AY (18.2) | BECS: BP-AAE-BC-AC-BE |
Map: 8.30.104.157 |

ptblad

Post by ptblad » Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:33 am

Nice to have, but maybe not really necessary: show actual car colour (perhaps as percentage of charge) on dashboard car image. Door/boot/bonnet/window open/locked on dashboard car. Also show cable connected/charging graphically on dashboard car. If all this clutters the ui too much, let it be configurable in settings.
🇸🇪 Swe - Firenze Red I-Pace HSE, red seats, black inner roof, black exterior pack, air suspension, head-up display. Ordered January 2019. Delivered 23 May 2019.

ardevd

Post by ardevd » Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:16 am

Thank you for a good number of great suggestions. I'll try to squeeze at least one of them in for the upcoming update (today) and many of the others in for v1.2.1

A note on charging speeds. Since the API does not report charging speeds directly I have to calculate it using other variables. I've gone through several iterations of different calculations as it turns out some of the API data points are very inaccurate. What I have no is as good as it currently gets but it's not 100% spot on and should be considered to be an estimate. :)

Hope that makes sense!

Cheers!
Control your I-Pace with jlrpy or WattCat for Android| I-PACE HSE Ebny Prem Txt MY2019.

Thincat

Post by Thincat » Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:53 am

ardevd wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:16 am
Thank you for a good number of great suggestions. I'll try to squeeze at least one of them in for the upcoming update (today) and many of the others in for v1.2.1

A note on charging speeds. Since the API does not report charging speeds directly I have to calculate it using other variables. I've gone through several iterations of different calculations as it turns out some of the API data points are very inaccurate. What I have no is as good as it currently gets but it's not 100% spot on and should be considered to be an estimate. :)

Hope that makes sense!

Cheers!
Johnnyhush is working on an IOS app and has some good ideas. It would be really good if the two apps to learn from each other. It’s great to see such innovation and dedication!
Here are the ideas he is working on that I would like to see in WattCat:
- Lock / Unlock the vehicle.
- Lock the vehicle even if it's already locked, but not all windows have been closed. The car will then close its windows.
- See the lock / window status door by door.
- Camper mode. In this mode, the app will periodically check whether the climate / preconditioning has stopped, and if yes, it'll restart it. I think this is more like a Dog mode – but whatever, it’s a great idea.
Cesium Blue HSE no sunroof, air suspension, HUD. Changed 20in wheels to 18in :D .

ardevd

Post by ardevd » Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:57 am

Thincat wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:53 am
Johnnyhush is working on an IOS app and has some good ideas. It would be really good if the two apps to learn from each other. It’s great to see such innovation and dedication!
Here are the ideas he is working on that I would like to see in WattCat:
- Lock / Unlock the vehicle.
- Lock the vehicle even if it's already locked, but not all windows have been closed. The car will then close its windows.
- See the lock / window status door by door.
- Camper mode. In this mode, the app will periodically check whether the climate / preconditioning has stopped, and if yes, it'll restart it. I think this is more like a Dog mode – but whatever, it’s a great idea.
Thank you for the input:

Locking/Unlocking the vehicle is already possible. Just tap the lock indicator in the app.

I'll certainly look at the other features too! Thank you!

ELray

Post by ELray » Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:34 pm

Departures needs some work. ATM I can only set new departures and not activate saved/disabled timers.
🇳🇴 Norway
:arrow: I-Pace S Edition X590 (19MY)
:arrow: Build date: 1 Feb 2019 | Delivered: 15 March 2019
⚙️ H264: 06.01.20
⚙️ Telematics: 16.2
⚙️ InControl(updOTA:13.12.19): 19C_19.46.4-458817
⚙️ BECS: Unknown
⚙️ Maps(upd:06.02.20): 08.030.0104.0157

ardevd

Post by ardevd » Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:35 pm

ELray wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:34 pm
Departures needs some work. ATM I can only set new departures and not activate saved/disabled timers.
It's on my to-do list as well, even though personally I haven't had any use for disabling/enabling timers. I just delete the ones I don't need and create new ones when required. But it's a valid feature request and will be implemented soon :)

ardevd

Post by ardevd » Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:52 pm

Version 1.2.0 and a subsequent hotfix to 1.2.1 has been published. Due to the Corona virus situation it's probably going to take Google a while to push it out.

A quick note on the times charging feature. The phone will attempt to stop and start charging at the specified times. However, if you start/stop charging yourself outside those times you'll have to wait for up to an hour before WattCat checks the vehicle status and either stops or starts charging as desired.

Please note that I've had a limited ability to test this feature as thoroughly as I would have liked due to the fact that I'm not driving much these days. Rest assured that any issues discovered will be fixed, so please share your experiences :)

Thanks all!

EDIT: The charging log events sorting is a bit buggy at the moment. A fix has been pushed and will be included in the next update due tomorrow or the day after ;)

Maxwell_400

Post by Maxwell_400 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:25 am

Thanks! testing it now :D
I-Pace SE++, MY20, 18" summer & winter, no panoroof, towbar, spare wheel, H264