WattCat - InControl remote app for Android

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
elbocko
Posts: 598
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:49 pm
Location: Fareham, Hampshire

Re: WattCat - InControl remote app for Android

Post by elbocko » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:18 pm

Maxwell_400 wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:25 pm

My car is offroad so no road information, but I see now that when I press the little Google sign in the corner I get the GPS position.
Wow, I didn't know that. Thanks, very useful.
El Bocko

E 2ERO, SE, Firenze Red, MY19, 18". Still loving it.
Infotainment - S20C_20.16.5-536345. It has gone backwards, now S20B_20.27.3-568398 @ 26/7/2020
Vehicle Connectivity 17.2,
Battery Energy Control Shh, it won't say. H264v3 completed.

Jaggy_Luss
Posts: 121
Joined: Mon May 27, 2019 11:54 am
Location: Luxemburg

Re: WattCat - InControl remote app for Android

Post by Jaggy_Luss » Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:08 am

For information:
The little google sign is not on the old Samsung S7.
Caesium Blue, S, MY2019,
S20B 20.27.3-568398
SCU,BMS never displayed, H228, H264 done,
Activ air suspension, HUD, drive assist 1&2
18 " with 4 season tyres

User avatar
ELray
Posts: 755
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:02 am
Location: Norway

Re: WattCat - InControl remote app for Android

Post by ELray » Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:17 pm

Jaggy_Luss wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:08 am
For information:
The little google sign is not on the old Samsung S7.
Yeah, i dont have that button on Galaxy A3 either.
🇳🇴 Norway
💥I-Pace S Edition
💥Build date: 1 Feb 2019 | Delivered: 15 March 2019
⚙️H264: 06.01.20
⚙️H280: 02.07.20
⚙️Telematics: 18.2 (24.07.20)
⚙️InControl: S20B1_20.30.2-578440 (12.08.20)
⚙️BECS: BP-AAE-BC-AC-BE
⚙️Maps: 08.030.0107.0158 (08.05.20)

swing
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:31 pm
Location: UK

Re: WattCat - InControl remote app for Android

Post by swing » Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:59 pm

Jaggy_Luss wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:08 am
For information:
The little google sign is not on the old Samsung S7.
I thought that, but when I clicked on the red location marker, the additional icons appeared in the corner.

User avatar
ELray
Posts: 755
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:02 am
Location: Norway

Re: WattCat - InControl remote app for Android

Post by ELray » Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:12 pm

swing wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:59 pm
Jaggy_Luss wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:08 am
For information:
The little google sign is not on the old Samsung S7.
I thought that, but when I clicked on the red location marker, the additional icons appeared in the corner.
Ahh! Thanx, there it is!
🇳🇴 Norway
💥I-Pace S Edition
💥Build date: 1 Feb 2019 | Delivered: 15 March 2019
⚙️H264: 06.01.20
⚙️H280: 02.07.20
⚙️Telematics: 18.2 (24.07.20)
⚙️InControl: S20B1_20.30.2-578440 (12.08.20)
⚙️BECS: BP-AAE-BC-AC-BE
⚙️Maps: 08.030.0107.0158 (08.05.20)

tedca
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:52 am
Location: United Kingdom

Re: WattCat - InControl remote app for Android

Post by tedca » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:02 am

Have recently installed the App - really good job. Is the navigation feature using the maps installed in the car, or is it visiting the Jaguar web site ?

Is it possible to save a location with the app and have that sent to the car as a Destination ? (and vice versa, to see Car destinations on the App ?)

Thanks

ardevd
Posts: 1127
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:30 am
Location: Norway

Re: WattCat - InControl remote app for Android

Post by ardevd » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:42 am

tedca wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:02 am
Have recently installed the App - really good job. Is the navigation feature using the maps installed in the car, or is it visiting the Jaguar web site ?

Is it possible to save a location with the app and have that sent to the car as a Destination ? (and vice versa, to see Car destinations on the App ?)

Thanks
It's using the same interface as the official route planner app.

And yes, that's all possible. You need to be signed in to your navigation account in the infotainment for it to work. Afterwards, just search up the destination in WattCat and mark it as a favorite. When you get back into your car, the destination will popup and prompt you to navigate to it.

There are some issues with the navigation account being signed out in the infotainment, but if this issue doesnt affect you, it's a pretty decent experience :)
Control your I-Pace with jlrpy or WattCat for Android| I-PACE HSE Ebny Prem Txt MY2019.

Telematics: 18.2 | InControl: S20B_20.27.3-568398

JAGiAM
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:07 pm
Location: UK

Re: WattCat - InControl remote app for Android

Post by JAGiAM » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:18 pm

1) How do I find out what Camper Mode does.
2) Way off topic - but any idea how HotSpot and Data Comms (4G) availability is controlled. It appears to turn off within 10-30 minutes of locking the car. If the car is stolen or is broken into a notification is sent to the user's mobile, so the 4G comms is always available for that. So is it possible to re-configure the software/firmware to allow (say specific Models of ?) DashCams access to the parked car's HotSpot capability?
I-Pace MY20 HSE, Corris Grey, Oyster Leather Interior, 18” 5055 rims, Panoramic Roof, Active Air Suspension, AdSR etc..

ardevd
Posts: 1127
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:30 am
Location: Norway

Re: WattCat - InControl remote app for Android

Post by ardevd » Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:50 pm

JAGiAM wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:18 pm
1) How do I find out what Camper Mode does.
2) Way off topic - but any idea how HotSpot and Data Comms (4G) availability is controlled. It appears to turn off within 10-30 minutes of locking the car. If the car is stolen or is broken into a notification is sent to the user's mobile, so the 4G comms is always available for that. So is it possible to re-configure the software/firmware to allow (say specific Models of ?) DashCams access to the parked car's HotSpot capability?
1) have you tried clicking the camper mode button and read the dialog text describing the gesture? ;)

2) no.
Control your I-Pace with jlrpy or WattCat for Android| I-PACE HSE Ebny Prem Txt MY2019.

Telematics: 18.2 | InControl: S20B_20.27.3-568398

electric beagle
Posts: 127
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:23 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: WattCat - InControl remote app for Android

Post by electric beagle » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:56 pm

How do you do the charge report?
MY21HSE, Portofino Blue, Oyster interior, Wireless Charger, Cupholder Covers, Active Air Suspension, Adaptive Dynamics, Clear Sight rear view mirror, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Upgraded Cabin Lighting, Aluminium trim, Andersen EV Charger

Post Reply