WattCat - InControl remote app for Android

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
kermit68

Re: WattCat - InControl remote app for Android

Post by kermit68 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:15 pm

ardevd wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:58 am
Found you :)
Italian translation is completed. For sure it will need some adjustements as I have not always been able to understand the context where the string will be used. Could please check in Transifex and tell me if there is anything else I have to do?
MY20 Yulong White SE, 20", air suspension, privacy glass, black pack and other fine stuffs

ardevd

Post by ardevd » Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:04 am

kermit68 wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:15 pm
ardevd wrote:
Italian translation is completed. For sure it will need some adjustements as I have not always been able to understand the context where the string will be used. Could please check in Transifex and tell me if there is anything else I have to do?
Everything looks great! Thank you! There might be a few more strings added for the next version so I'm hoping you'll be willing to do those as well. :)
Control your I-Pace with jlrpy or WattCat for Android| I-PACE HSE Ebny Prem Txt MY2019.

Telematics: 18.2 | InControl: S20B_20.27.3-568398

ardevd

Post by ardevd » Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:10 am

I've also passed along a reminder to the navigation team about the fact that we are constantly logged out of the navigation account in the vehicle. It seems to correlate with the expiration time of the access token provided by the API. Hoping it gets fixed soon
Control your I-Pace with jlrpy or WattCat for Android| I-PACE HSE Ebny Prem Txt MY2019.

daniellm

Post by daniellm » Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:45 am

Fixing the navigation logout would be great, it is so frustrating.

If you're in touch with JLR you might like to ask them about cars losing contact with the InControl remote server. Mine has done it three times over the past six months, requiring a visit to the dealer to fix. I don't know what they do to fix. Each disconnect seems to have happened soon after a pre-condition or remote climate start request using Wattcat.
MY20, Indus Silver, HSE, Air Suspension, 20"
Telematics: 19.2, InControl: S20B1, Battery energy control: BN-AAE-BC-AC-BE

kermit68

Post by kermit68 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:14 am

ardevd wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:04 am
kermit68 wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:15 pm
ardevd wrote:
Everything looks great! Thank you! There might be a few more strings added for the next version so I'm hoping you'll be willing to do those as well. :)
No problem at all of course ;)
MY20 Yulong White SE, 20", air suspension, privacy glass, black pack and other fine stuffs

ardevd

Post by ardevd » Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:05 pm

So I've been playing with the navigation API and it's a mess. One interesting and concerning find is that there is no way to delete your destinations from the server, neither through the Here website or the route planner app. It simply sets a value field "isDeleted" to "true", but the destination data is still there just like before.

However, after poking around and guessing a bit I did eventually find a way to delete them properly. From a privacy point of view I much prefer "delete" actually removing data directly tied to my account. At least as much as the API output is concerned.

I might do a proper write-up on this sometime, as it's quite interesting.

Abu Dhabi Dude

Post by Abu Dhabi Dude » Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:26 pm

ardevd wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:05 pm
So I've been playing with the navigation API and it's a mess. One interesting and concerning find is that there is no way to delete your destinations from the server, neither through the Here website or the route planner app. It simply sets a value field "isDeleted" to "true", but the destination data is still there just like before.

However, after poking around and guessing a bit I did eventually find a way to delete them properly. From a privacy point of view I much prefer "delete" actually removing data directly tied to my account. At least as much as the API output is concerned.

I might do a proper write-up on this sometime, as it's quite interesting.
That’s fascinating, and also a little concerning! Is it all destinations or only ones you’ve chosen specifically and calculated routes to? Just wondering if it also saves everywhere you go without using the satnav. I kind of suspect it does because of the “my commutes” function but just curious if you knew for definite.

ardevd

Post by ardevd » Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:33 am

I think it only includes destinations you've actually used either through the in-car navigation system or the route planner apps.

Abu Dhabi Dude

Post by Abu Dhabi Dude » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:14 am

ardevd wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:33 am
I think it only includes destinations you've actually used either through the in-car navigation system or the route planner apps.
Thanks. That was a surprising find Ardevd. Good job. Is it so much of a mess that you can’t use it? Or are you still planning a WattCat integration?

ardevd

Post by ardevd » Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:37 pm

Abu Dhabi Dude wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:14 am
ardevd wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:33 am
Thanks. That was a surprising find Ardevd. Good job. Is it so much of a mess that you can’t use it? Or are you still planning a WattCat integration?
Oh I'm using it. :) it just takes a while to get my head around how the API works when it's so inconsistent. I'm working on the UI bit now and then I have to implement destination searching. I'll hopefully have something ready in a few weeks.