WattCat - InControl remote app for Android early access

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
ecatoid

Re: WattCat - InControl remote app for Android early access

Post by ecatoid » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:52 pm

ardevd wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:45 pm
So I'm still working on the charging log feature. Hopefully I'll have an early functional concept by the end of the week.

Currently it logs the current SOC, and the charging rate in % per hour along with the timestamp. Then I intend to visualize this with a line chart. Since any other metric would most likely just be deduced from SOC per hour anyways I reckon this would be sufficient? Any other suggestions?

Charging power in kwh could theoretically be calculated but in my experience it's simply not accurate enough.
Great work and progress!
If I may, I would vote to log/show the SOC [in % or in absolute kWh] on the y axis over the time [h:min] on the x axis. If you take the first derivative of this function, you should get the charging power [in kW] over time. Also the charging curve [charging power in kW over SOC in %] should be straight forward to calculate out of these two functions. If there was an option to download a CSV file of the first mentioned log, the rest could be easily done in an Excel spreadsheet. I could provide that if needed.
I-Pace EV400S, Fuji white, MY20, delivered 06/2019
S19B_19.35.5-418001/16.2

ardevd

Post by ardevd » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:12 pm

ecatoid wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:52 pm
ardevd wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:45 pm
So I'm still working on the charging log feature. Hopefully I'll have an early functional concept by the end of the week.

Currently it logs the current SOC, and the charging rate in % per hour along with the timestamp. Then I intend to visualize this with a line chart. Since any other metric would most likely just be deduced from SOC per hour anyways I reckon this would be sufficient? Any other suggestions?

Charging power in kwh could theoretically be calculated but in my experience it's simply not accurate enough.
Great work and progress!
If I may, I would vote to log/show the SOC [in % or in absolute kWh] on the y axis over the time [h:min] on the x axis. If you take the first derivative of this function, you should get the charging power [in kW] over time. Also the charging curve [charging power in kW over SOC in %] should be straight forward to calculate out of these two functions. If there was an option to download a CSV file of the first mentioned log, the rest could be easily done in an Excel spreadsheet. I could provide that if needed.
Totally with you. I do plan on adding CSV export support but it might come a bit later as I'm eager to add some other stuff into the app first :)
Control your I-Pace with jlrpy or WattCat for Android| I-PACE HSE Ebny Prem Txt MY2019.

Telematics: 16.2 | InControl: S19B_19.35.4-418001

frogma

Post by frogma » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:37 am

ardevd wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:13 pm
frogma wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:20 pm
Snip...
The main thing preventing me from using the app over and above the native app is that I have a stupid password I need to get from a password manager and copy past when my logon expires.
Do you see the login expire frequently?... Snip
Morning, I logged back in on the 15th,checked on the 16th and it was still logged in. Checked this morning and I'm asked to authenticate again. Let me know if I can be of any more help.

ardevd

Post by ardevd » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:59 am

frogma wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:37 am
ardevd wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:13 pm
frogma wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:20 pm
Snip...
The main thing preventing me from using the app over and above the native app is that I have a stupid password I need to get from a password manager and copy past when my logon expires.
Do you see the login expire frequently?... Snip
Morning, I logged back in on the 15th,checked on the 16th and it was still logged in. Checked this morning and I'm asked to authenticate again. Let me know if I can be of any more help.
What device and Android version are you running the app on?
Control your I-Pace with jlrpy or WattCat for Android| I-PACE HSE Ebny Prem Txt MY2019.

frogma

Post by frogma » Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:51 am

Screenshot_20190919_095045.jpg

dhodge

Post by dhodge » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:34 am

Hi Ardevd,
Would love to try your app on my Ipace, I cant send you a message privately though.

ardevd

Post by ardevd » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:48 am

dhodge wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:34 am
Hi Ardevd,
Would love to try your app on my Ipace, I cant send you a message privately though.
Chime in on Gitter: https://gitter.im/jlrpy/community#

ardevd

Post by ardevd » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:03 pm

version 0.5.0 released. see OP for changes. Particular areas I would be interested in feedback on:

- Charging logging. Does it work at all and does it provide any value? I have only tested it on my home charger and it seemed to work well. There are numerous limitations at play though so it might not work as intended in all circumstances.
- Charging power in kW. It's never going to be super accurate since it's based on calculations made on API provided data such as current state of charge (which is only specified in integers, so there will be inaccuracies there) as well as other stuff like that. However, it will be interesting to see if its in the right ballpark for you guys. For me it's been on point give or take 10-15%.

ecatoid

Post by ecatoid » Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:41 am

ardevd wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:03 pm
version 0.5.0 released. see OP for changes. Particular areas I would be interested in feedback on:

- Charging logging. Does it work at all and does it provide any value? I have only tested it on my home charger and it seemed to work well. There are numerous limitations at play though so it might not work as intended in all circumstances.
- Charging power in kW. It's never going to be super accurate since it's based on calculations made on API provided data such as current state of charge (which is only specified in integers, so there will be inaccuracies there) as well as other stuff like that. However, it will be interesting to see if its in the right ballpark for you guys. For me it's been on point give or take 10-15%.
Cool stuff, I will turn on logging for all my next charges. Unfortunately, my cat is at 95% right now, but I planned some longer rides during next week. I'll let you know.
I-Pace EV400S, Fuji white, MY20, delivered 06/2019
S19B_19.35.5-418001/16.2

Normark

Post by Normark » Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:21 pm

Normark wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:17 pm
I got the following result 84.25/84.45 kWh for a fully charged battery. The car has been driven 14.000 km and if the numbers are correct this is more or less exactly what is claimed by Jaguar.
I noted something interesting. When I preheated the car ( from a 3.7 kW charger) the car was actually draining the battery from 84.25 down to 81 kWh. Si it is questionable if it is a good idea to preheat. Temp was about 10 C.
After sortware update in my I-PACE I have noted that 100% now reads 80.0 kWh in the WattCat app. Is there any explanation?

Return to “Main Jaguar I-Pace chat”