Confused.com over software updates.

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
wet sleeve

Confused.com over software updates.

Post by wet sleeve » Wed May 15, 2019 7:02 pm

Ok, I am trying to figure out software updates which are just breezed over in the manual.

First off, I spoke to my dealer about SOTA as I'm on 18D firmware but get no indication of an update available. The dealer has booked me in to get the update which means twiddling my thumbs for 2 hours.

Currently on the update page, the lock updates bit on the rhs of the screen shows a closed padlock. On the left, the updates power switch is greyed but it says software updates are on.

The ubigi sim says 0mb used but it is switched on. I also have a wifi connection active.

The update screen says set master pin but I cant find the default pin in the manual.

Finally, my dealer says that the update isn't working because it's too big to send OTA, mmmm something smells a bit fishy there.

So, can anyone unravel that lot and tell me what on earth is wrong and secondly where do I find the default pin.
Caesium blue SE MY2020

ardevd

Re: Confused.com over software updates.

Post by ardevd » Wed May 15, 2019 7:12 pm

Ok, so there is a lot of confusion in regards to SOTA and that goes for the dealers as well. To make a long story short, here is the deal:

Currently, the SOTA system is being tested. It's currently dealer controlled so they can theoretically issue updates to your vehicle but many dealers have insufficient knowledge about how the system works and those who do primarily use it to install updates when your car is at the dealer. Applying the updates via SOTA is a lot faster for them than the conventional method which takes up to 2 hours.

Unless you're in a very lucky group of testers then you're not getting SOTA updates without taking your car into the dealer.

At some point, hopefully sometime this year the SOTA system will be rolled out to everyone and all the latest updates to IVI, TCU, IPC, and BMS will be delivered via SOTA.

Now, if you're eager to get updates I'll give you some advice. Stay in 18D for InControl as the newer versions are pretty buggy. However, I'd get the TCU updates to 16.2 and the IPC has a new update now that improves performance a bit and gives you a new battery status indicator.

Btw, TCU is the telematics unit, and IPC is the instrument cluster.
Control your I-Pace with jlrpy | I-PACE HSE Ebny Prem Txt MY2019.

Telematics: N/A | InControl: S19A_19.11.4-330884

wet sleeve

Post by wet sleeve » Wed May 15, 2019 7:26 pm

Well thank you for that. Things are finally clear to me. Why on earth the dealer couldn't tell me that, heaven only knows.

So, the only outstanding part is the master pin which according to in control is in the user manual somewhere , or is this not the case?
Caesium blue SE MY2020

ardevd

Post by ardevd » Wed May 15, 2019 7:34 pm

wet sleeve wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 7:26 pm
Well thank you for that. Things are finally clear to me. Why on earth the dealer couldn't tell me that, heaven only knows.

So, the only outstanding part is the master pin which according to in control is in the user manual somewhere , or is this not the case?
To be honest, the dealers are generally clueless apart from the odd technician here and there.

Default master pin is 1926
Control your I-Pace with jlrpy | I-PACE HSE Ebny Prem Txt MY2019.

Telematics: N/A | InControl: S19A_19.11.4-330884

Jagmanmick

Post by Jagmanmick » Wed May 15, 2019 7:36 pm

wet sleeve wrote:

1926 is the master pin and it's on this page
http://www.ownerinfo.jaguar.com/documen ... c/G2325645
MY20 I-Pace SE in Firenze Red. Took delivery 25/04/19 :D

SammyD

Post by SammyD » Wed May 15, 2019 7:49 pm

wet sleeve wrote:
It is a totally new thing for them as well.

As has been said, don't be too keen to get updates. I've not seen any of the problems that others have so I'm staying put for the time being.
Driving "Hirundo Rustica" since 15th Mar 2019. Lovely Jubbly :D :D

10cc

Post by 10cc » Wed May 15, 2019 10:11 pm

I think of my car as a phone on wheels! I never put brand new updates onto my phone. Leave it for a few weeks so they iron out the bugs - then put the updates on!
April 2019 MY20 I-Pace SE in Firenze Red with black pack, privacy glass, 20" gloss black wheels, panoramic roof + other bits! :ugeek:

Mitsubishi 3000GTO grey import from Japan :mrgreen:

Goshdarnit

Post by Goshdarnit » Wed May 15, 2019 10:31 pm

Not had a single problem with S19A, other than it defaulting creep mode to “off” but that’s how I like it anyway.
I-Pace First Edition, Corris Grey, Oyster interior, 22” diamond cut alloys with carbon inserts.
IMC: S19A_19.07.2-312706 Telematics: 14.2

Check out my I-Pace Channel on YouTube
Control your iPace with Siri voice commands

Chewy

Post by Chewy » Wed May 15, 2019 10:35 pm

Goshdarnit wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 10:31 pm
Not had a single problem with S19A, other than it defaulting creep mode to “off” but that’s how I like it anyway.
Mine often loses the MyEV icons. I have to deselect and reselect my profile, then they come.back.
Caesium Blue S. 18” Wheels.
250+ miles range driven in the winter.
300+ miles range driven in the summer.
S19A-07, 15.2

Goshdarnit

Post by Goshdarnit » Wed May 15, 2019 10:42 pm

Mine only loses them if it fails to log on to my Smart profile. I’ve just recently discovered that this seems to happen only if I use keyless entry. If I unlock by pressing the button on the keyfob then it seems to log on properly. I was going to do a bit more testing before declaring that fact, but it seems fitting to mention it here. I’ve never had them fail to appear if it does log in. And on the occasions where it doesn’t log me in (which early testing suggests may be caused by using keyless entry), manually doing so makes them appear. Oh also, using keyless entry does appear to log me in if the car has been used recently. It’s only after leaving it for a long period so I’m guessing it’s something to do with the car going to sleep.
I-Pace First Edition, Corris Grey, Oyster interior, 22” diamond cut alloys with carbon inserts.
IMC: S19A_19.07.2-312706 Telematics: 14.2

Check out my I-Pace Channel on YouTube
Control your iPace with Siri voice commands

Return to “Main Jaguar I-Pace chat”