Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner

If you could change / add one small thing.....

31K views 109 replies 34 participants last post by  qqiao 
#1 ·
If you could change or add one small thing.
What would it be?

For me, add a rear screen wiper.

#4 ·
Better design of the charging port, like audi e-tron.

Still waiting for it to break, especially while public charging.

#6 ·
Also. A warning light on the dashboard if the charge flap is not shut !!

#7 ·
ardevd said:
Bart said:
Better design of the charging port, like audi e-tron.

Still waiting for it to break, especially while public charging.
What's wrong with the charging port if I might ask?
It is way to big, and extends far from the body of the car. On the e-tron it folds downwards.

#9 ·
An injector seat for my wife for when she keeps telling me to slow down into corners and stop accelerating from the lights like I just nicked the car.

#11 ·
Software that actually works!

#19 ·
Seriously though, I would love that rear view mirror that is fitted as an optional extra on the new XE, its fantastic.

#21 ·
being able to map the favorites keys to any screen (id like to to have the button take me straight to the cameras showing the side (front wheels view) so i can see where the wheels are when tucking in tight to the kerb.

#22 ·
Lots of great ideas here, and I will accidentally include them in my list:

Factory installed conventional receiver option for hitches, regardless of how low the rating is. These are used for more than trailers. Heck a spare tire holder could be slid on.

Come up with a spare tire solution that isn't just throwing a tire in the back, or offer the car with a run-flat option. If the car is able to take dirt roads, you should have a spare on board, or the ability to make it back to the highway.

Digital Rearview Mirror option. This sees through your passengers, pillars, and blocked window, shows more blind spot area. Mount camera high.

Camera recording feature. This is not hard or expensive, even if it's low res.

Faster boot up mode. Even if it means more parasitic losses at night. Have it switchable. Wait, there already IS a switch for 'sleep' mode. If the car is plugged in, it should always be in "Awake" mode just waiting to power the LCDs. All the content is already in RAM.

When Low Tire Pressure lights up, the actual pressures should stay displayed until cancelled. "Is there enough air to get off the highway?" I picked up a nail and I will tell you it's not easy to drive safety and keep the tire pressure displayed.

Let us turn OFF the EVSE handle locking. Please?

Leave the charging status light on when the flap is open and make it bright enough to plug in at night.

The prototype came with a nice Jaguar Brand Convertible L1/L2 EVSE, so why wasn't it an option, or available over the counter? Did the UK get these? The US did not.

When the doors are closed, seatbelts on, there is no reason for the car to car to remain in Access Height. This can scrape in driveways. Yes, it can be turned off, which is what I do.

Only the receiver is a significantly expensive feature. The cost of runflats as a option isn't that much more than standard tyres.

#24 ·
Chewy said:
A light in the Froot.
I added one :)

A motion sensor with a 2ft led strip run around the froot beneath the rubber weather seal.

In daylight it looks a little out of place ( plan to spray it grey to blend in )
At night it can only be described as perfect.

It's seriously bright. Well worth £9
Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Electrical wiring
Hood Automotive lighting Light Motor vehicle Green

Attachments

#26 ·
wet sleeve said:
A usb port and wireless charging in the gap in the middle console.
Isn't there already 2 USB ports in the middle console.
One on each side ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.