Secret Reveal event in the Netherlands

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
Paul J.

Re: Secret Reveal event in the Netherlands

Post by Paul J. » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:44 pm

Hmm, the problem with the 'commitment to buy' thing is that they know that if you pull out of the purchase there is a healthy queue waiting to take your place.

I've also had a deposit down since Nov '16 and had heard nothing, so emailed the dealer last week and received a generally underwhelming response essentially confirming what I already knew about the reveal date, but curiously adding that "the schedule had been brought forward to mid year". Presumably this is in reference to first deliveries?

Ian Devon

Post by Ian Devon » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:03 pm

Fully agree Paul but having made the mistake previously of buying a car without seeing it or driving it I will not be doing it again. No problem for me if I drop down the list and get a later delivery if the car is right for me. It is surprising how many people in the car business that I know have said they would not touch a new model being outsourced to be built for at least 6 months for any gremlins to have been resolved. As far as I am concerned Magna are pretty experienced at doing what they do so I do not not it will be an issue but funny what the industry view seems to be - or the people I know are just very pessimistic 😀

Alysson

Post by Alysson » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:00 am

Hi everybody!
I'm sorry to post this request here, but I need to meet Belgian I-Pace owners/bookers. I study marketing and I realize a work on the EV and the pre-bookings, their testimonies would be very useful for my work. I would like to ask some questions or to meet them to understand why this choice and why the use of a pre-booking.
Thank you so much for your help if someone can help me!
Have a nice day!

Ian Devon

Post by Ian Devon » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:43 pm

I had a response from my dealer who says that as far as he is aware there will be an event held in the U.K. during March after the global launch to which those who have put down deposits will be asked. Apparently we will have the chance to see the car close up. I have been told to let him know if I have not heard anything by the end of the month.

Marcel

Post by Marcel » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:27 am

For the Dutch people who miss next weeks Secret Reveal in Breda.. There is another I-pace VIP Reveal event planned on 7-8 March in Amsterdam.. Looks like the Dutch Jaguar organisation is more active than other countries..

Return to “Main Jaguar I-Pace chat”