About to buy

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
Longdog1

About to buy

Post by Longdog1 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:00 am

Hi all,

I have decided to go ahead and buy an IPace. As I don’t have the patience to order one I will be buying one a dealer has in stock, which could be new, or as I noticed last night there are a few early ones sale. Some of these are under £60k for the SE so a considerable saving.
My question. After reading through the faults section, I was wondering if I buy one a year old would the faults have already have been sorted out? I have seen gearbox issues, battery issues, software etc.

Thanks in advance,

anorak

Re: About to buy

Post by anorak » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:06 pm

I'm sure you won't regret buying one, however you go about it. Not sure there are any a year old yet (happy to be corrected however) and you'd still have a decent warranty period left on any pre-loved car. You should also be able to check the servicing / repairs record online of any Jaguar with the VIN.

I was in a similar position but was prepared (just about) to wait the 4 - 6 months the dealer was quoting. On the day of my test drive they had a cancelled order in the showroom so I did the finance dance and a week later it was on my drive. I did have an issue on day 2 but it was sorted out with a battery reset and touch wood has not rematerialized.

Ring around - you never know your luck.

holderone

Post by holderone » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:45 pm

I got mine two weeks ago so far I have seat going saggy, knocking sound when going over bumps and a few small software issues. Love driving and looking at the car but the small issues are really annoying just go into it with your eyes open and you will be fine.
Ipace 1st edition, Corris grey, 22 Inch Alloys

Longdog1

Post by Longdog1 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:56 pm

Thanks Anorak, they are 18 plates so maybe just over 6months but good to know about checking if there have been any issues. I have spoken to a couple of dealers and should be able to get something quick, might need to travel though.

Longdog1

Post by Longdog1 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:59 pm

Holderone, that’s annoying for an expensive car, have you told the dealer? The good thing about this forum is that there should be no supprises as you can read about them before hand.

SammyD

Post by SammyD » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:37 am

holderone wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:45 pm
I got mine two weeks ago so far I have seat going saggy, knocking sound when going over bumps and a few small software issues. Love driving and looking at the car but the small issues are really annoying just go into it with your eyes open and you will be fine.
The knocking sound is subject to a recall. Go speak to your dealer. I made sure that mine checked the Vin of my car against the recall before I took delivery yesterday. Mine is outside the range so my guess is that all those coming from the factory now have the modified struts fitted.
Driving "Hirundo Rustica" since 15th Mar 2019. Lovely Jubbly :D :D

Return to “Main Jaguar I-Pace chat”