I-PACE Technical Assistance: Software Updates

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
mortstar

Re: I-PACE Technical Assistance: Software Updates

Post by mortstar » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:29 am

MartijnEV wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:13 pm
What Dan means to say is:

- currently your I-PACE can not receive OTA updates even though you have the setting enabled in your car
- in order to be able to receive OTA updates you first have to get the InControl (IMC) software of your I-PACE updated at your retailer - to version 19A
- in order to reset the system to a state that OTA can start working, the retailer has to set OTA to ‘switched off’ in your I-PACE (the setting in the Software Updates acreen) - this will reset the account I assume
- once you have your I-PACE back from the workshop, you will swiitch OTA on again accepting the terms, setting your PIN etc - the dealer can not do this end user action for you as it requires your consent (again)
- now OTA will be enabled and switched on with end user consent
Thanks for making it clear Martijn.

Chewy

Post by Chewy » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:12 pm

MartijnEV wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:13 pm
What Dan means to say is:

- currently your I-PACE can not receive OTA updates even though you have the setting enabled in your car
- in order to be able to receive OTA updates you first have to get the InControl (IMC) software of your I-PACE updated at your retailer - to version 19A
- in order to reset the system to a state that OTA can start working, the retailer has to set OTA to ‘switched off’ in your I-PACE (the setting in the Software Updates acreen) - this will reset the account I assume
- once you have your I-PACE back from the workshop, you will swiitch OTA on again accepting the terms, setting your PIN etc - the dealer can not do this end user action for you as it requires your consent (again)
- now OTA will be enabled and switched on with end user consent
As 19A is a very recent update, and dealers have been told NOT to install it because it is holed with bugs and to wait for another release inApril, are we assuming that not one single car delivered by Jaguar is able to receive OTA updates?

This means that every I-Pace has to go back to the dealer for a software update? And when would this happen as Jaguar do not seam able to communicate even the simplest of details?
Caesium Blue S. 250mi range on 18” wheels in the Winter. Hoping for 300 miles range when it warms up. S19A-07, 15.2

MartijnEV

Post by MartijnEV » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:08 pm

Chewy wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:12 pm

As 19A is a very recent update, and dealers have been told NOT to install it because it is holed with bugs and to wait for another release inApril, are we assuming that not one single car delivered by Jaguar is able to receive OTA updates?

This means that every I-Pace has to go back to the dealer for a software update? And when would this happen as Jaguar do not seam able to communicate even the simplest of details?
So dealers have been told NOT to update 18C or older to 18D due to bugs in 18D, AND now also NOT to update 18C or 18D to 19A due to bugs in 19A ??

Earlier on I understood that dealers were forced to stop all 18B/18C updates to 18D due to issues that occurred with a number cars that were updated from 18C to 18D, and that they had to wait for 19A, so cars could be updated directly from 18B/18C to 19A. Now even 19A seems not to fix the problems?

It's becoming more and more confusing...
The Netherlands
i-Pace S, Fuji White, panorama roof, 18” wheels, heated seats, interior ioniser, front fog lights
Build date: 7 Nov 2018 | Delivery: 3 Dec 2018 |Telematics: 15.2 | InControl: S18D | Maps: 8.30.95.153

Tophe74

Post by Tophe74 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:19 pm

Yes I left my car 1 day at my dealer early this week for my suspension knock and they said no new update available for your car so I still in 18C and 13.2.
Further more they won't call u for update. They ll only do when u bring car for maintenance so every 2 years or 30 000km ...
I pace FE photon red since 20.10.18

nipri

Post by nipri » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:44 pm

Even though have received the email from Jaguar, I have booked my car for latest software update at the dealer.
The dealer & I agreed to give it about 2 weeks before installing for to make sure all was well. Confirmed this morning that all seems to be good.
FE Photon Red 20" Wheels, Light Oyster since 09/18.
My new Love! ;)

emgf

Post by emgf » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:46 pm

The situation can be better since I got 18D 3 weeks ago and 14.2 4 months ago .
I believe what is happening is that a dealer does not want to spend too much time upgrading a tricky EV, therefore when Tophe 74 suspension was
changed there was no more time to do the upgrades.
SE Yulong White , light oyster interior , 20" Gloss Black , since October 9th 2018

CaliDave

Post by CaliDave » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:52 pm

I received my car early February with 14.2 and 18D installed, and operating fine.

Goshdarnit

Post by Goshdarnit » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:58 pm

Hi all. I got the pop-up today to download and install an update. I did that but it installed an older version (Which I was kind of expecting to be honest). Can’t say I’ve noticed any changes to functionality or performance so I think it’s just a technicality to get the software to the right version for updates. So it seems to me (just guessing) that Dan didn’t mean all cars need a dealer visit to receive OTA updates. I think he meant that if you are worried about yours you should visit the dealer. Mine certainly updated today (well downdated really) over the air.
I-Pace First Edition, Corris Grey, Oyster interior, 22” diamond cut alloys with carbon inserts.
IMC: S19A_19.07.2-312706 Telematics: 14.2

Control your iPace with Siri voice commands

jason.birchall

Post by jason.birchall » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:13 pm

It's a confusing mess both socially and technically, good job the car is fantastic, shame software updates are shocking.
IPace model S
White, Pano Roof, Black 20 inch wheels, black pack.
Looks and drives great, but is really unreliable.

samsoir

Post by samsoir » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:53 pm

This feels like there is a communications issue between JLR and the dealerships. The experiences are so inconsistent. Jaguar, if you're listening this stuff really matters so you have to get this right.

fwiw, my local dealership are very communicative and helpful when dealing with my car and give me a complete schedule of work including which updates have been applied after each visit. But this seems to be seldom the case.
I-Pace 2019 First Edition - Corris Grey

Return to “Main Jaguar I-Pace chat”