I-PACE Technical Assistance: Software Updates

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
CRC@Jaguar

I-PACE Technical Assistance: Software Updates

Post by CRC@Jaguar » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:43 pm

Good Afternoon

In line with some of the feedback we have received in regards to accessing Software Updates, please see the below information.

NGI updates have been previously suspended, however if your vehicle is a 19MY and you are experiencing concerns (you can identify this from the VIN number, below is an example, it will display a "K" from right to left) via Software Updates, your local retailer can activate Software Updates and update the NGI system to the latest level. The retailer will then deactivate Software Updates, should a customer wish to reactivate it, they can choose to accept the terms and conditions.

VIN: "SAXXXXXKXXXXXXXXX"

Should you have any further questions, then please do not hesitate to contact CRC@Jaguar via PM.

Many Thanks

Dan - Jaguar UK
Last edited by CRC@Jaguar on Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Garryjw

Re: I-PACE Technical Assistance: Software Updates

Post by Garryjw » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:49 pm

CRC@Jaguar wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:43 pm
Good Afternoon

In line with some of the feedback we have received in regards to accessing Software Updates, please see the below information.

NGI updates are currently suspended, however if your vehicle is a 19MY and you are experiencing concerns (you can identify this from the VIN number, below is an example, it will display a "K" from right to left) via Software Updates, your local retailer can activate Software Updates and update the NGI system to the latest level. The retailer will then deactivate Software Updates, should a customer wish to reactivate it, they can choose to accept the terms and conditions.

Should you have any further questions, then please do not hesitate to contact CRC@Jaguar via PM.

Many Thanks

Dan - Jaguar UK
Hi Dan
For the uneducated what does NGI stand for.
My company car is a Firenze Red I-Pace HSE with Black Trim, HUD, Cold Weather Pack and Fog Lights.
Watch my i-Pace adventures on the iPaceOwner YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYIwYg ... 0xkLJjLmNg

CRC@Jaguar

Post by CRC@Jaguar » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:54 pm

Garryjw wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:49 pm
CRC@Jaguar wrote:
Good Afternoon

NGI updates are currently suspended, however if your vehicle is a 19MY and you are experiencing concerns (you can identify this from the VIN number, below is an example, it will display a "K" from right to left) via Software Updates, your local retailer can activate Software Updates and update the NGI system to the latest level. The retailer will then deactivate Software Updates, should a customer wish to reactivate it, they can choose to accept the terms and conditions.

Many Thanks

Dan - Jaguar UK
Hi Dan
For the uneducated what does NGI stand for.
Good Afternoon Garryjw

Thank you for your post.

NGI stands for Next Generation Infotainment.

Should you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact me.

Many Thanks

Dan - Jaguar UK

Marcom

Post by Marcom » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:13 pm

Does this apply worldwide or is it specific for the UK market ?

Chewy

Post by Chewy » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:23 pm

CRC@Jaguar wrote:

NGI updates have been previously suspended,

your local retailer can activate Software Updates and update the NGI system to the latest level.
Hi crc@jaguar,

Can you confirm that NGI updates are no longer suspended.

What is the latest level that the NGI system should be upgraded to by the dealer?

Thanks,

Chewy
Caesium Blue S. 250mi range on 18” wheels in the Winter. Hoping for 300 miles range when it warms up.

MartijnEV

Post by MartijnEV » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:05 pm

NGI is Jaguar’s internal name for the InControl Touch multimedia system. The controller for this system is known as the Infotainment Master Controller, or IMC as we usually see it represented in Topix etc.

So in short: NGI software = IMC software.

Latest version of it is 19A. You can check this in your car by navigating to the Software Updates screen and tapping ‘Check for updates’. The current Infotainment software version will then be shown. If the version is lower than 18D, software over the air (SOTA) updates will not be available. Some 18D cars already have working SOTA, on other 18D cars it is not working. If lower than 18D or 18D not working, you have to go your retailer to get infotainment (IMC, NGI) updated to 19A.
The Netherlands
i-Pace S, Fuji White, panorama roof, 18” wheels, heated seats, interior ioniser, front fog lights
Build date: 7 Nov 2018 | Delivery: 3 Dec 2018 |Telematics: 15.2 | InControl: S18D | Maps: 8.30.92.153

Chewy

Post by Chewy » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:34 pm

Today’s adventure with NGI.

Centre screens took around 5 minutes to boot up after powering the car on.

Online Media, Apple CarPlay, InControl Apps, Android Auto, Phone Interface not available.

So the Next Generation Infotainment System allowed me to listen to the radio.

Hopefully when I power the car down and leave it for an hour it might work again.

S18C.
Caesium Blue S. 250mi range on 18” wheels in the Winter. Hoping for 300 miles range when it warms up.

Goshdarnit

Post by Goshdarnit » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:47 pm

Hi Dan,

I'm on 18C as well and now I'm confused. I was told by the dealer that my car was enabled for SOTA when I picked it up. On the "Software Update" page I have a button to switch updates on and off, and when I press the "check for updates" button it says "no update available". Does that mean I need to visit the dealer or not? (the 10th digit of my VIN is K)
I-Pace First Edition, Corris Grey, Oyster interior, 22” diamond cut alloys with carbon inserts.

Paul J.

Post by Paul J. » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:00 pm

As per my post on the parallel thread on this subject.......

Dan’s post makes no sense to me. I have a car with a K VIN no. Can I receive over the air updates or not? Do I need to take it to the dealer to get this featured activated? It is written as though I need to go to my dealer to get it deactivated .... why would I want to do that?

Some clarity needed please!
Corris Grey First Edition

jason.birchall

Post by jason.birchall » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:10 pm

So to confirm.... Is 18d the minimum software level to enable OTA for infotainment?
IPace model S
White, Pano Roof, Black Pack, 20 inch Black Wheels. Plus good software updates PSE.

Return to “Main Jaguar I-Pace chat”