Questions for Jaguar concerning the I-Pace

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
npritchard

Re: Questions for Jaguar concerning the I-Pace

Post by npritchard » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:09 pm

Hi Chewy, there are so many questions aren't there! One that to my knowledge has never been answered, and I can't get an answer from my dealer, is what functions of the car use the customer supplied SIM card? I've bought the Three, £40 for 24GB over two years SIM, and have kept track of how much data I've used over the last month. It averages about 40Mb a day on 'something' but I don't know what.

Thanks,
Nigel
First Edition Corris Grey - Originally October delivery, then delayed until January but delivered Christmas Eve!

LarrieH

Post by LarrieH » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:39 am

If the user SIM data usage is high, then try deselecting the tick boxes in the navigation setup that are marked high data usage. This will turn off the satellite and street view that use most of the data.
Photon Red FE, 22" 5 spoke + carbon inserts, 19Oct18

npritchard

Post by npritchard » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:44 am

Done all that already the usage above us with those off. ☹️
First Edition Corris Grey - Originally October delivery, then delayed until January but delivered Christmas Eve!

fox_nl

Post by fox_nl » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:33 pm

My daily average usage is a few (3 to 15) MB, probably related to navigation & traffic information. However on some days it is a lot more (>300Mb) which I can't explain either. Could it be navigation chart updates?

ps. I do have the high usage options checkboxed ticked.

Pacesetter

Post by Pacesetter » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:01 pm

The questions that seem to come up regularly are:

When can we expect to be able to set a specific SOC limit when charging, and when will we have control on when charging starts (and finishes)?

I would add a supplement; once the driver has full control over the charging regime, do JLR intend to reduce the buffers at either end of the battery capacity via SOTA to give the car more maximum range?
First Edition, Corris Grey

Chewy

Post by Chewy » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:02 pm

Thanks for all the additional questions.

Some I had already asked.

Jaguar now has a list of questions that were passed on by my dealer.

We await their reply.
Caesium Blue S. 250mi range on 18” wheels in the Winter. Hoping for 300 miles range when it warms up.

ricardon

Post by ricardon » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:38 pm

Q: Can they re-add Android Auto support in all countries, even if Android Auto is not available on Google Play on that region?
I-Pace HSE - Santorini Black - Tan Performance Interior - Black Exterior Pack - Pano roof - 20 inch - Expected delivery April 2019.

scm

Post by scm » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:14 pm

ricardon wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:38 pm
Q: Can they re-add Android Auto support in all countries, even if Android Auto is not available on Google Play on that region?
It's not like you might want to drive to a region that does support Android Auto and would want to use it there? :?

Dtrawford

Post by Dtrawford » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:38 pm

Hi Chewy
At dealers in Peterborough today as one of my door handles had a little missing when viewed from underneath.
I mentioned saggy seat which he looked at. His answer is to steam the seat cushion to get it to shrink ie tighten . Not so sure about this myself? What about the oyster dye I wonder?
If that didn’t work and only then would he replace the cover.
I also asked about info entertainment 19 upgrade.
He asked if I had had any problems which in truth I had not.
The upgrade according to him is to cure those I-PACE ‘s with issues . They were not keen to do it for the sake of it as it takes three hours of workshop time too! :roll:
Farallon black HSE, 20” wheels , oyster interior

mark135800

Post by mark135800 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:42 pm

Hi Dtrawford..

When you say you have a piece missing when viewed from underneath- is this the interior door handles. Mine has trim missing on the front and rear door handles on the driver's side of the car -- still waiting for parts!
Delivered - I-Pace First Edition - Corris Grey, Ivory Interior, 22" 5 Spoke Carbon Insert Wheels
Previous - F-Pace 3.0D S

Return to “Main Jaguar I-Pace chat”