Questions for Jaguar concerning the I-Pace

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
Dtrawford

Re: Questions for Jaguar concerning the I-Pace

Post by Dtrawford » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:50 pm

This was an outer cover which is just a thin cover body coloured. When I had the car ceramic coated the valeter noticed a small piece missing which you would only see by touching it first.
The dealer got it in inside a week and it took just a few minutes for him to fit

AE91FFE4-11FB-47E9-BEDA-5A53ADBF0C98.jpeg

Farallon black HSE, 20” wheels , oyster interior

holderone

Post by holderone » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:05 pm

Dtrawford wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:38 pm
Hi Chewy
At dealers in Peterborough today as one of my door handles had a little missing when viewed from underneath.
I mentioned saggy seat which he looked at. His answer is to steam the seat cushion to get it to shrink ie tighten . Not so sure about this myself? What about the oyster dye I wonder?
If that didn’t work and only then would he replace the cover.
I also asked about info entertainment 19 upgrade.
He asked if I had had any problems which in truth I had not.
The upgrade according to him is to cure those I-PACE ‘s with issues . They were not keen to do it for the sake of it as it takes three hours of workshop time too! :roll:
I can't believe that your dealer seriously suggested that you steam the leather seats as a solution, that alone would in my opinion be invalidating your warranty. More importantly we haven't brought a budget car, in my case the car is two weeks old and costing 80k I don't want to start steaming the bloody seats to eradicate the problem. I have owned most off the top brands over the years and I do on average 20k miles per year but not once have I experienced seats that go saggy. I hope to get an answer on my seats next week as my dealer is still trying to sort out the software bugs after two days to have even looked at the seats 😩
Ipace 1st edition, Corris grey, 22 Inch Alloys

Baikar

Post by Baikar » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:16 pm

holderone wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:05 pm
I can't believe that your dealer seriously suggested that you steam the leather seats as a solution, that alone would in my opinion be invalidating your warranty.
Actually it’s a widely recognised procedure for this sort of fault.

ricardon

Post by ricardon » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:56 pm

scm wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:14 pm
ricardon wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:38 pm
Q: Can they re-add Android Auto support in all countries, even if Android Auto is not available on Google Play on that region?
It's not like you might want to drive to a region that does support Android Auto and would want to use it there? :?
Google provides the possibility to side-load the app at your own risk. My question to Jaguar is if they can provide me the same possibility. Also bear in mind that it was being advertised as a possibility when I ordered the car.
I-Pace HSE - Santorini Black - Tan Performance Interior - Black Exterior Pack - Pano roof - 20 inch - Expected delivery April 2019.

holderone

Post by holderone » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:47 pm

Baikar wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:16 pm
holderone wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:05 pm
I can't believe that your dealer seriously suggested that you steam the leather seats as a solution, that alone would in my opinion be invalidating your warranty.
Actually it’s a widely recognised procedure for this sort of fault.
For the customer to carry out the procedure? Surely not!

Dtrawford

Post by Dtrawford » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:54 pm

No the dealer do the steam cleaning!
The valeter also suggested that the warranty would be voided and to be honest what stops the leather from stretching again?
Farallon black HSE, 20” wheels , oyster interior

holderone

Post by holderone » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:38 pm

Dtrawford wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:54 pm
No the dealer do the steam cleaning!
The valeter also suggested that the warranty would be voided and to be honest what stops the leather from stretching again?
My dealer agreed that my seats were baggy but weren’t sure what they could do about it, they suggested steaming the seats but I asked them to check with Jaguar first as I was concerned that the baggy leather was coming from the base material flattening out not due to the leather stretching as I felt that the seats were less comfortable.

They are going to send photos to Jaguar for advise on how to proceed. Fingers crossed that someone identifies what the true cause is as I hate baggy leather. Always makes a car look old.

CaliDave

Post by CaliDave » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:13 pm

If the dealer has a "simple solution," have them perform it under warranty.
(Here in the U.S., JLR dealers are terrible.)

Return to “Main Jaguar I-Pace chat”