Questions for Jaguar concerning the I-Pace

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
Chewy

Questions for Jaguar concerning the I-Pace

Post by Chewy » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:39 pm

I have had one or two issues with the software in my I-Pace over the 2.5 months I have had it.

I am still waiting for software that works and the latest updates for it.

My dealer asked Jaguar to get someone technically competent to call me and discuss the issues I have had and some of the rather bizarre replies I have received to questions from customer support at Jaguar. Jaguar’s response was that they don’t have anyone technical that is allowed to talk to a customer and to answer any question the customer may put. My dealer is being told that this website is not an approved website for anything to do with the I-Pace, and they don’t monitor it. That is the sort of nonsense we have to put up with when trying to communicate with Jaguar.

What The dealer has managed to do is convince Jaguar to accept a list of questions from me concerning any issues I have with the I-Pace and they will provide answers.

As such, if anyone has any sensible questions and/or things they need explaining, please let me know and I will pass them on in my email.
Caesium Blue S. 250mi range on 18” wheels in the Winter. Hoping for 300 miles range when it warms up.

scm

Re: Questions for Jaguar concerning the I-Pace

Post by scm » Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:11 pm

Chewy wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:39 pm
My dealer is being told that this website is not an approved website for anything to do with the I-Pace, and they [Jaguar] don’t monitor it.
So Dan and Becci are imposters? ;)

Chewy

Post by Chewy » Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:55 pm

scm wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:11 pm
Chewy wrote:
My dealer is being told that this website is not an approved website for anything to do with the I-Pace, and they [Jaguar] don’t monitor it.
So Dan and Becci are imposters? ;)
It does make you smile doesn’t it. Joined up writing? Left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing!
Caesium Blue S. 250mi range on 18” wheels in the Winter. Hoping for 300 miles range when it warms up.

scm

Post by scm » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:06 pm

Chewy wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:55 pm
Left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing!
I'm with the left hand - I don't think I'd want to know what a lot of right hands on the internet are doing! :D

emgf

Post by emgf » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:52 pm

Chewy wrote:
I have had one or two issues with the software in my I-Pace over the 2.5 months I have had it.

I am still waiting for software that works and the latest updates for it.

My dealer asked Jaguar to get someone technically competent to call me and discuss the issues I have had and some of the rather bizarre replies I have received to questions from customer support at Jaguar. Jaguar’s response was that they don’t have anyone technical that is allowed to talk to a customer and to answer any question the customer may put. My dealer is being told that this website is not an approved website for anything to do with the I-Pace, and they don’t monitor it. That is the sort of nonsense we have to put up with when trying to communicate with Jaguar.

What The dealer has managed to do is convince Jaguar to accept a list of questions from me concerning any issues I have with the I-Pace and they will provide answers.

As such, if anyone has any sensible questions and/or things they need explaining, please let me know and I will pass them on in my email.
Thks Chewy for the offer . I do have a question that is actually a contractual question i.e. can a dealer refuse to install the module H159v4 that
opens SOTA and 100 KW charging - which we paid for months ago - just because it has disappeared from the Topix pages associated with
my VIN ?
SE Yulong White , light oyster interior , 20" Gloss Black , since October 9th 2018

holderone

Post by holderone » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:40 pm

1. What is the forum that is monitored. 😄
2. 100% battery charge clarification vs their built in safety buffers at min and max
3. There is a consistent complaint about the seat leather going saggy on the Windsor leather, what’s Jaguars position on this?
4. Apple car play isn’t on my version, when is it going to be installed
5. The Jaguar apps disappear after the phone closes, is there a fix? I’m guessing that it’s the phone lock but currently makes the apps inaccessible
6. The hotspot code has to be entered every time you get into the car, is there a fix or a simpler way of linking e.g. like the Bluetooth pairing of a phone “do you want to pair yes or no”
7. Why can’t the sat nav find the nearest EV chargers? If the database isn’t accurate what’s the point of the function
8. In the advert the route shows your current charge and the charge at your planned destination. As far as I know this isn’t actually a feature on my car

I could go on...such as noise when you go over bumps stated on several forums but I guess they are not technical questions and you may not want to mention any of them.
Ipace 1st edition, Corris grey, 22 Inch Alloys

CaliDave

Post by CaliDave » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:47 am

Holderone, I believe there is an official recall for front struts that make a thumping noise when going over speed bumps, and JLR will replace the struts.

holderone

Post by holderone » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:03 pm

CaliDave wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:47 am
Holderone, I believe there is an official recall for front struts that make a thumping noise when going over speed bumps, and JLR will replace the struts.
Cheers good to know, it’s going in for other things on Thursday, will get them to look at them 👍

Max69

Post by Max69 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:03 am

CaliDave wrote:
Mine is at Jag for the H159V4 update and told them about the front strut noise to be checked. Told them it was well discussed and confirmed on ipace forums, he said "well you know those forums..." answered that hundreds of early ipace adopters sharing their experiences/challenges were a good source of info Jag (HQ and local garages) should read time to time ;)
HSE Santorini black, black leather (red for now will be changed in Feb), panoramic, air, drive assist, 20 wheels.

holderone

Post by holderone » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:12 pm

Max69 wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:03 am
CaliDave wrote:
Mine is at Jag for the H159V4 update and told them about the front strut noise to be checked. Told them it was well discussed and confirmed on ipace forums, he said "well you know those forums..." answered that hundreds of early ipace adopters sharing their experiences/challenges were a good source of info Jag (HQ and local garages) should read time to time ;)
I’m half expecting that response but I have to try, it’s like going over a bump in pram 😂😂

Return to “Main Jaguar I-Pace chat”