Charging in N France - advice please

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
DougTheMac
Posts: 177
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:50 pm
Location: Suffolk UK

Charging in N France - advice please

Post by DougTheMac » Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:34 pm

I may be taking my new car to Paris early April. I plan to top up to 80% or so at the Shuttle and will then need one Rapid Charge session en route to and from Paris. There’s a charger in the car park I’ll be using in Paris.

There seem to be several Corri-door 50kW CCS chargers on that route (A26/A1). Are they reliable? Can I use a (French) bank card? What Apps or RFID cards do I need? Should I sign up for a Chargemap account and get their RFID card? Any other networks I should be aware of and/or get cards for? KiWiPass??

I’m not too worried about the cost of the charge; but I don’t want to give my EV-sceptic wife any ammunition by having any hassles...

Jaguar’s Public Charging App (Plugsurfing) seems to list chargers in Paris but not elsewhere in France...??
HSE Silicon Silver Pano Air+AD Oyster ordered 23/9/18 for delivery 1 March 19


Tophe74
Posts: 775
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:21 pm
Location: Haute Savoie/France

Re: Charging in N France - advice please

Post by Tophe74 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:59 pm

Use the charge map app but don't sign for a card because I noticed the charge cost more, up to 0.70€ / KW sometimes !
If u have a french credit card with RFID u should be ok. U can check the corridor website to
Chargemap app should tell u if the charger u re looking for is working. Look at the users comments.
I pace FE photon red since 20.10.18


maldives9
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:43 pm
Location: Southampton, UK

Re: Charging in N France - advice please

Post by maldives9 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:13 pm

I will also be travelling thru Northern France in August enroute to 2 Center Parcs - am planning on using the Ionity chargers at Aire de Relly and just north of Reims.
Any idea what card/s would be recommended please?
Thanks
Richard
i-pace First Edition. Ebony Sports Seats, Ebony Roof Lining, 20" standard wheels, Corris Grey Ordered 10 Sept 2018, Delivery 04 January 2018. First ordered 26th December 2017 - cancelled March 2018.


John32
Posts: 105
Joined: Thu May 18, 2017 7:28 pm

Re: Charging in N France - advice please

Post by John32 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:23 pm

Most of the corridor ones are ok. In theory 50kW, but ai hear maximum on most is 43. I did > 40 on all the ones I tried. I have a KiWhi card, but I think most cards are now compatible. I don’t think they accept credit cards. Also most are slow to accept cards, had to try a few times on some before it would accept my card.

Ionity is installing chargers in FR as well, so check those as well


emgf
Posts: 423
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:31 pm
Location: Paris

Re: Charging in N France - advice please

Post by emgf » Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:45 pm

DougTheMac wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:34 pm
I may be taking my new car to Paris early April. I plan to top up to 80% or so at the Shuttle and will then need one Rapid Charge session en route to and from Paris. There’s a charger in the car park I’ll be using in Paris.

There seem to be several Corri-door 50kW CCS chargers on that route (A26/A1). Are they reliable? Can I use a (French) bank card? What Apps or RFID cards do I need? Should I sign up for a Chargemap account and get their RFID card? Any other networks I should be aware of and/or get cards for? KiWiPass??

I’m not too worried about the cost of the charge; but I don’t want to give my EV-sceptic wife any ammunition by having any hassles...

Jaguar’s Public Charging App (Plugsurfing) seems to list chargers in Paris but not elsewhere in France...??
Thé Corri-door network is operated by Izivia ( Sodetrel / EDF group ) . I would say that their Card is more reliable than others and their price more competitive
SE Yulong White , light oyster interior , 20" Gloss Black , since October 9th 2018


emgf
Posts: 423
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:31 pm
Location: Paris

Re: Charging in N France - advice please

Post by emgf » Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:47 pm

maldives9 wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:13 pm
I will also be travelling thru Northern France in August enroute to 2 Center Parcs - am planning on using the Ionity chargers at Aire de Relly and just north of Reims.
Any idea what card/s would be recommended please?
Thanks
Richard
Chargemap is one or you can pay directly site Visa
SE Yulong White , light oyster interior , 20" Gloss Black , since October 9th 2018


maldives9
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:43 pm
Location: Southampton, UK

Re: Charging in N France - advice please

Post by maldives9 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:47 am

Perfect - so my normal UK based Visa Debit card will work - does it need a pre-registration or anything do you think?
Richard
i-pace First Edition. Ebony Sports Seats, Ebony Roof Lining, 20" standard wheels, Corris Grey Ordered 10 Sept 2018, Delivery 04 January 2018. First ordered 26th December 2017 - cancelled March 2018.


electricfelix
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:42 pm
Location: Amsterdam

Re: Charging in N France - advice please

Post by electricfelix » Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:35 pm

You cannot drive around France without a Chargemap card and the Kiwhi card. These are a must. I would also recommend a Freshmile card (and the app). Also never expect >40kW speeds (except when visiting the 5 Ionity stations in the country) since I hardly ever got that at Sodetrel chargers (they are a typical nightmare, even slow to start, I mean the 'menus and so on'). But you'll have a lot of fun, especially if you drive careful around the route nationale the I-Pace is a true joy and with some wind in the back it can be ECO also. (I just drove to Madrid last week from Amsterdam all through France).


Getjaggywithit
Posts: 66
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:47 pm
Location: NL

Re: Charging in N France - advice please

Post by Getjaggywithit » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:40 pm

electricfelix wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:35 pm
You cannot drive around France without a Chargemap card and the Kiwhi card. These are a must. I would also recommend a Freshmile card (and the app). Also never expect >40kW speeds (except when visiting the 5 Ionity stations in the country) since I hardly ever got that at Sodetrel chargers (they are a typical nightmare, even slow to start, I mean the 'menus and so on'). But you'll have a lot of fun, especially if you drive careful around the route nationale the I-Pace is a true joy and with some wind in the back it can be ECO also. (I just drove to Madrid last week from Amsterdam all through France).
I thought that Newmotion and Plugsurfing were on most networks (like Sodetrel in France). This is not the case? I plan travelling to a little south of Nantes this Summer and was hoping those two cards would cover me.


emgf
Posts: 423
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:31 pm
Location: Paris

Re: Charging in N France - advice please

Post by emgf » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:29 pm

Getjaggywithit wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:40 pm
electricfelix wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:35 pm
You cannot drive around France without a Chargemap card and the Kiwhi card. These are a must. I would also recommend a Freshmile card (and the app). Also never expect >40kW speeds (except when visiting the 5 Ionity stations in the country) since I hardly ever got that at Sodetrel chargers (they are a typical nightmare, even slow to start, I mean the 'menus and so on'). But you'll have a lot of fun, especially if you drive careful around the route nationale the I-Pace is a true joy and with some wind in the back it can be ECO also. (I just drove to Madrid last week from Amsterdam all through France).
I thought that Newmotion and Plugsurfing were on most networks (like Sodetrel in France). This is not the case? I plan travelling to a little south of Nantes this Summer and was hoping those two cards would cover me.
To go from NL to Nantes you can rely on 3 Ionity stations , from Northern France to Tours & Angers
SE Yulong White , light oyster interior , 20" Gloss Black , since October 9th 2018


Post Reply

Return to “Main Jaguar I-Pace chat”