sand leaking into the car?

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
Radi513

Re: sand leaking into the car?

Post by Radi513 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:07 am

I have the same issue. My car is currently at dealer. Dealer says it doesn't exist any fix.
EV400 MY19 delivered february 2019
Caesium Blue. Ebony Grained Leather 10 Way Heated Seats. Ebony Morzine headliner. Driver Assist Pack. Air Suspension. Meridian Surround. Heads Up Display. 20" summer + winter +++

Captain.Plummet

Post by Captain.Plummet » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:37 am

Radi513 wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:07 am
I have the same issue. My car is currently at dealer. Dealer says it doesn't exist any fix.
Dealers have not been informed yet. As I said in my previous post, it’s not going to be available until later in the summer.

jwkay

Post by jwkay » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:29 pm

Hopefully the fix will be automatically implemented in cars not already in production...
🇳🇴 Norway
I-Pace S (20MY)
18" 5055 | Panorama | Matrix LED | Drive Pack | Cold Climate Pack | 360 Camera

holderone

Post by holderone » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:29 pm

I have the same problem and it’s definitely not being brought in on the feet as I’ve never had anyone sit in the back seats and yet every time I wash the car dust is layered inside. Like most people I’m dealing with so many other teething problems that I feel bad bringing it up 😂😂
1st edition, Corris grey, 22 Inch Alloys
IMC:19a telematics:14.2

Captain.Plummet

Post by Captain.Plummet » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:29 am

holderone wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:29 pm
I have the same problem and it’s definitely not being brought in on the feet as I’ve never had anyone sit in the back seats and yet every time I wash the car dust is layered inside. Like most people I’m dealing with so many other teething problems that I feel bad bringing it up 😂😂
I’ve experienced only one other issue with my car, the intermittent bonnet catch sensor. Apart from that it has been faultless. I think that’s pretty good for a completely new technology vehicle. Software seems to be much more of a thing in electric vehicles, even in areas that have nothing to do with driving. We think of it as we do a computer or smart phone, a world in which upgrades are a way of engaging and satisfying customers as much as they are about improvement. We now expect a continuous upgrade path throughout the life of the car, but that is expensive for manufacturers. Given the low service revenue from an EV I imagine that we will see annual software subscriptions before too long.

ptblad

Post by ptblad » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:15 pm

A couple of weeks after delivery I discovered that my car suffers from sand leaking into the car at the backdoors. Contacted my dealer who told me it was a known issue and a fix was coming. Today, dealer informed me that they now have the parts to fix it! Booked for service in a couple of weeks and will report back after.
🇸🇪 Swe - Firenze Red I-Pace HSE, red seats, black inner roof, black exterior pack, air suspension, head-up display. Ordered January 2019. Delivered 23 May 2019.

Adrian iPace

Post by Adrian iPace » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:27 pm

Please tell us which parts have changed or if they have a recall code for this problem.
Corris Grey, 20", X590 2020

JonB

Post by JonB » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:28 pm

Like all of you who have posted, I most definitely have this problem too, and equally definitely it has nothing to do with what is on the bottom of my or my passengers' shoes, or indeed any other part of our clothing or anatomy. Perhaps the poster who stated that he knew definitively that JLR were bringing out a fix late in the summer would care to update us here in the UK just when that fix is supposed to be available. Thanks

ptblad

Post by ptblad » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:40 am

ptblad wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:15 pm
A couple of weeks after delivery I discovered that my car suffers from sand leaking into the car at the backdoors. Contacted my dealer who told me it was a known issue and a fix was coming. Today, dealer informed me that they now have the parts to fix it! Booked for service in a couple of weeks and will report back after.
The car returned after fix. I can't tell if it is working yet, but time will tell. The fix was to apply a foam strip around a hole under the c-pillar moldings. See attached pictures (upside down and in wrong order for some reason)

The fix didn't have any official id, but is called "X590 dust intrusion - rear door strikers. Proposed service fix - partial improvement". Seems like JLR are not 100% convinced that it will fully solve the issue.

IMG_20191009_072719.jpg

IMG_20191009_072709.jpg

IMG_20191009_072535.jpg

🇸🇪 Swe - Firenze Red I-Pace HSE, red seats, black inner roof, black exterior pack, air suspension, head-up display. Ordered January 2019. Delivered 23 May 2019.

Captain.Plummet

Post by Captain.Plummet » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:17 am

I’m sorry that Jaguar take so long to act on these things. I tend to hear relatively early on when certain issues or developments are happening but it takes ages to filter down to the dealers. Most things I don’t talk about as it could compromise friends at JLR.