About to confirm my final build spec

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
andye

Re: About to confirm my final build spec

Post by andye » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:58 am

So update following all the feedback here, and after having just spent the morning with Jaguar at their "The Art of Performance" track day which included race laps in an I-PACE.

I've got the HSE as my base configuration.

Items I was unsure about...
HUD - I'm confirmed on that.
Air Suspension - confirmed

Having read more fully about the Adaptive Dynamics, I've decided to spec that also. When I'm on the open road in New Zealand they are generally two lane roads, and often fairly twisty. I have a few favourite driving roads not far from where I live, and I do like the idea of AD when out having fun driving.

In NZ, the up-spec to get the Adaptive Surface Response is NZ$300, so given the overall cost of the car this is modest and I've added it too.

I haven't specified the winter items such as heated screen, heated steering wheel etc. I live in Auckland which has a sub-tropical climate most of the year and in winter I can expect to have a little touch of frost on my car on 3-4 mornings a year at worst.

Now I have the long wait. Build next month, delivery late May/early June.

Thanks all for your insights.
---
MY20 / HSE / Santorini Black / Ebony & ebony / 20" 5-spoke gloss black / black pack
Reserved: 6 Mar 18 / Ordered: 31 Dec 18 / Build: est Mar 19 / Delivery: est May 19
New Zealand #4 reservation

Aus_ipace

Post by Aus_ipace » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:35 am

andye wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:58 am
Now I have the long wait. Build next month, delivery late May/early June.

Thanks all for your insights.
Great choice, I think you have made the right decision. As a fellow Southern Hemisphere owner I think you will love the car once you get it and you'll have a blast on some of those roads around the North Island. What is the charging infrastructure like in NZ? By all accounts you guys are slightly ahead of coal-hugging Australia.

arc

Post by arc » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:41 am

andye wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:58 am
I haven't specified the winter items such as heated screen, heated steering wheel etc. I live in Auckland which has a sub-tropical climate most of the year and in winter I can expect to have a little touch of frost on my car on 3-4 mornings a year at worst.
I would seriously consider the heated screen because my impression is that the I-pace fogs up quite easily and there seems to be very little with regard to air outlets near the bottom of the windscreen. The huge and deep dashboard under the raked front windshield doesn't help airflow and even temperature in the cabin either.

I think not only in cold weather but also in moist and rainy weather the heated windscreen is a huge advantage.
I I-Pace HSE I

Thincat

Post by Thincat » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:24 am

This is my second car with HUD and now I would never want a car without HUD! It makes me a safer driver, more likely to keep to speed limits.

Air suspension is not really much difference in ride comfort from steel - the only benefit is that the car lowers itself when driving at speed and that presumably improves efficiency. The ability to lower the car for access just meant that I hit a few curbs with the front spoiler when parking. If you want to stiffen the suspension (why would you want to do that?) then you need adaptive dynamics. The standard car already has a wet/icy road setting.

I also can't see the point of a sunroof that doesn't open.

I don't think the heated front screen was worth paying for because the elements are slightly more visible than usual and with silent pre-heating you don't need it.
Cesium Blue HSE without sunroof and dark glass ordered 2nd March, delivered 11 December.

Goshdarnit

Post by Goshdarnit » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:28 pm

I agree with those but have to say that the air suspension does (I think) make a difference with the 22” wheels. Probably less so with the smaller sizes.
I-Pace First Edition, Corris Grey, Oyster interior, 22” diamond cut alloys with carbon inserts.

andye

Post by andye » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:13 pm

Aus_ipace wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:35 am
What is the charging infrastructure like in NZ? By all accounts you guys are slightly ahead of coal-hugging Australia.
We're really fortunate that our charging infrastructure is actually pretty good.

Some local power companies provide free fast chargers as a promotion, but unsurprisingly there are often long waits to use these.

We also have a great company ChargeNet (www.charge.net.nz) which has almost the whole country covered with (generally) 50kW chargers. There is one significant gap down the west coast of the South Island but that is scheduled to be plugged this year with the support from a government provided contestable EV fund which I think is paying half the capital cost of the new sites.

Charging is 25c/minute + 25c/kWh I think (have yet to use them).

And of course our power is majority from renewable sources. 85% renewable as I type, and live data always available from Transpower, our government owned national transmission company (https://www.transpower.co.nz/power-system-live-data).
---
MY20 / HSE / Santorini Black / Ebony & ebony / 20" 5-spoke gloss black / black pack
Reserved: 6 Mar 18 / Ordered: 31 Dec 18 / Build: est Mar 19 / Delivery: est May 19
New Zealand #4 reservation

Return to “Main Jaguar I-Pace chat”