About to confirm my final build spec

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
andye

About to confirm my final build spec

Post by andye » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:30 pm

Hi all

New Zealand based here, and about to confirm my final build spec, following my firm order being placed in December 2018.

There are a couple of items I'm wavering on whether to spec or not.

Air Suspension - my gut feel is yes to this. Smoother ride, ability to raise and lower if needed, although 90% of my driving is city based with 10% open road.

Adaptive Dynamics and Adaptive surface response - I don't see the need for this. I'm almost never driving in challenging conditions other than wet roads and don't see what benefit I'll get for the cost.

Heads up display - I've not had this before in a car and have only had an hour of driving the I-PACE with it so unsure. Largely I'm a CarPlay user and the information from that is limited through the HUD from what I can see.

Welcome thoughts/feedback from those who have these features.

Thanks
Andy
---
MY20 / HSE / Santorini Black / Ebony & ebony / 20" 5-spoke gloss black / black pack
Reserved: 6 Mar 18 / Ordered: 31 Dec 18 / Build: est Mar 19 / Delivery: est May 19
New Zealand #4 reservation

Garryjw

Re: About to confirm my final build spec

Post by Garryjw » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:46 pm

When I did my experience day I fell in love with the HUD and added it to the order. Agree on the other two.
My company is a Firenze Red I-Pace HSE with Black Trim, HUD, Cold Weather Pack and Fog Lights.

Chewy

Post by Chewy » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:49 pm

Go for the HUD, not because Tesla doesn’t have it, but because it does ease driving.
Caesium Blue S. 250mi range on 18” wheels in the Winter.

Goshdarnit

Post by Goshdarnit » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:07 pm

Get the HUD. You’ll wonder how you ever lived without it. I use Apple CarPlay all the time too and still love the HUD.
I-Pace First Edition, Corris Grey, Oyster interior, 22” diamond cut alloys with carbon inserts.

DougTheMac

Post by DougTheMac » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:15 pm

Haven’t got mine yet, but went for Air + Adaptive Dynamics but not ASR. Note that I’m not sure if air alone allows height control. Check this. It doesn’t give any control of handling/comfort without AD. And HUD is great, tho’ it doesn’t (yet?) interface with CarPlay.
Be aware that 20” wheels impact on range cf 18”. Not much, but significant. Posters here report 10-12% penalty on 22”. If range more important than handling/looks, go for 18”.
And see comments elsewhere about heated windscreen - if you have the option not to have it, might be best not to have it.
HSE Silicon Silver Pano Air+AD Oyster ordered 23/9/18 for delivery 1 March 19

UBR

Post by UBR » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:04 pm

+1 for HUD, it’s brilliant. It shows track information if you are playing music through CarPlay, but I don’t think it integrates in any other way.

I also did Air + adaptive and I’ve been very impressed with how well it handles. Doesn’t feel like 2.2 tonnes...
Caesium Blue HSE

Billy Bunter

Post by Billy Bunter » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:29 pm

andye wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:30 pm
Hi all

New Zealand based here, and about to confirm my final build spec, following my firm order being placed in December 2018.

There are a couple of items I'm wavering on whether to spec or not.

Air Suspension - my gut feel is yes to this. Smoother ride, ability to raise and lower if needed, although 90% of my driving is city based with 10% open road.

Adaptive Dynamics and Adaptive surface response - I don't see the need for this. I'm almost never driving in challenging conditions other than wet roads and don't see what benefit I'll get for the cost.

Heads up display - I've not had this before in a car and have only had an hour of driving the I-PACE with it so unsure. Largely I'm a CarPlay user and the information from that is limited through the HUD from what I can see.

Welcome thoughts/feedback from those who have these features.

Thanks
Andy
hi Andy, mine is approaching the build closing date soon, too - and we have similar ideas:
- air suspension = yes, same reasons as you
- AD & ASR = no, same reasons as you and high cost (have similar on my current BMW and never use it)
- HUD = big yes. Have it on my BMW and it’s one of my must haves (same as adaptive cruise control). For me It changes the whole driving experience especially having the navigation commands and distance countdowns “heads up” and not having to look inside whilst engaging complex junctions.

cheers
SE, Firenze Red, Black Pack & Black 20” wheels, Air Suspention, HUD, Adaptive Cruise & Steering etc, DAB+

Goshdarnit

Post by Goshdarnit » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:52 pm

UBR wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:04 pm
+1 for HUD, it’s brilliant. It shows track information if you are playing music through CarPlay, but I don’t think it integrates in any other way.

I also did Air + adaptive and I’ve been very impressed with how well it handles. Doesn’t feel like 2.2 tonnes...
Also shows the name of caller if your phone rings.
I-Pace First Edition, Corris Grey, Oyster interior, 22” diamond cut alloys with carbon inserts.

Garryjw

Post by Garryjw » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:57 pm

Goshdarnit wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:52 pm

Also shows the name of caller if your phone rings.
Learn something every day. I didn't know that very cool.
My company is a Firenze Red I-Pace HSE with Black Trim, HUD, Cold Weather Pack and Fog Lights.

arc

Post by arc » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:23 pm

You need adaptive dynamic to be able to fully take advantage of the air suspension. If you only choose air suspension you can't adjust the stiffness and damping you also don't get the continuously adapting suspension. More or less what you get without adaptive dynamics is the possibility to lower and raise the car and air suspension instead of regular coilsprings.

I got nearly every option except HUD. I didn't choose it because I don't like the fact that the display box edges in the dash creates a glare and refection in the windscreen. For me that's a bit annoying. I also don't find it very useful since you already have 3 adjustable displays in car for various information. The recessed box also collects dust and sometimes you accidently drop parking tickets in there. HUD has been an option on BMW for about 16 years since 2003 so I don't find it very cutting age or cool anymore either. ;-)
I I-Pace HSE I

Return to “Main Jaguar I-Pace chat”