Summary of I-Pace forum tips

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
Garryjw

Re: Summary of forum tips

Post by Garryjw » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:43 pm

ChrisMc wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:51 am
Just make this a sticky! Rob!
Just to let everyone know Rob runs a lot of forums it is unlikely he will see individual posts. From previous experience he responds very quickly to a polite PM.
My company is a Firenze Red I-Pace HSE with Black Trim, HUD, Cold Weather Pack and Fog Lights.

DougTheMac

Re: Summary of I-Pace forum tips

Post by DougTheMac » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:18 pm

No problem, I’m happy to keep the first post updated from time to time, and thanks to all for your positive comments.
I imagine this is a bit like being “liked” on Facebook, if I was 55 years younger...and only 18 sleeps to go!
HSE Silicon Silver Pano Air+AD Oyster ordered 23/9/18 for delivery 1 March 19

Jdw

Post by Jdw » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:30 pm

Hi...G-meter & stopwatch functions:

You outline

Put the car in dynamic mode, go to the dynamics menu (helmet icon) and you will find these options on the left side

Could you please expain more ..as i cannot find a dynamics menu or a helmet icon

Many thanks

John

DougTheMac

Post by DougTheMac » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:34 pm

Jdw wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:30 pm
Hi...G-meter & stopwatch functions:

You outline

Put the car in dynamic mode, go to the dynamics menu (helmet icon) and you will find these options on the left side

Could you please expain more ..as i cannot find a dynamics menu or a helmet icon

Many thanks

John
According to FunkyGibbon on the thread “Giving it the beans”, you need the Adaptive Dynamics option. If someone else cares to confirm, I will update the original list.
HSE Silicon Silver Pano Air+AD Oyster ordered 23/9/18 for delivery 1 March 19

nipri

Post by nipri » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:35 pm

FunkyGibbon is correct that it needs Adaptive Dynamics.

sciencegeek

Post by sciencegeek » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:45 pm

Aw damn I don't have that

Chewy

Post by Chewy » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:19 pm

I believe there are G Force apps available for IPhone and Android.
Last edited by Chewy on Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Caesium Blue S. 250mi range on 18” wheels in the Winter.

jason.birchall

Post by jason.birchall » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:28 pm

DougTheMac wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:39 pm
I have been following this forum for several months, and gleaned a huge amount of useful info in advance of picking up my car on 1 March. Because of the sheer volume of posts, I thought it might be useful to have a thread which seeks only to re-post “results”, ie the useful gems that come from forum users successfully answering other users’ questions. Much of this should be RTFM stuff, but the Manual is so useless, these tips may be useful to many - they have certainly been useful to me.

So, herewith my initial list compiled over the last few weeks. I apologise that I have failed to credit the posters of these solutions, but you know who you are, so thanks.

Please add any similar tips of your own, but please try to keep this topic restricted to tips and solutions and not to raise more questions or wander off-topic.

Gesture tailgate:
3 suggestions: “fast, short kick”; “try the rear corners of the car; swipe your foot under it from left to right or vice versa”; “only kick once, then wait 2 seconds before you retry”

InControl App:
To change energy consumption units, go to settings -> My account -> unit & date format
Charging speed in Miles per hour doesn’t work; set charge rate units to %/hr.

Cameras:
I have noticed that if you add the CAMERAS button to one of your HOME screens it gives you the proper "front bumper" with parking assist view as you are pulling forward into a parking space ... vs. if you press the little camera icon bottom row button, you get the split (and useless) left quarter & simultaneous right quarter views but not straight out the front.

Poor GPS signal on mobile phone?
Possible pano roof issue. Not mentioned since December - may not be an issue for most. Slightly OTT solution is to fit a Bluetooth GPS receiver in the trunk. eg Dual XGPS160 https://gps.dualav.com/explore-by-product/xgps160

Muting the nav guidance instructions:
Start a route, then open the nav menu again (the round button with 6 little rectangles). Then the big rectangular button appears to mute the nav voice instructions. It stays muted for all future trips, until you manually re-enable it again. (You can add it to favourite button on steering wheel.)

Data SIM usage:
1GB data used in a few days without doing something data intensive myself. After searching through the options I found some navigation settings concerning data. Turned off the options that were marked as “high data usage” and now data usage is “normal”, a few MB’s per day.

Synthetic acceleration sounds:
Accessed from the settings icon on the upper touch-screen. Select "All Settings" and then "Features" and finally "Active Sound Design" Three possible settings - Calm, Normal and Dynamic.

Auto lock of doors:
Accessible via Dashboard settings (roller button on left of steering wheel) not main screen settings.

Auto-dipping Headlights:
If you don't see see A or auto combined with the green icon, you should push the high beam lever for more than a second backwards to enable auto high beam. Auto High Beam is a setting you can set to On or Off in the dashboard settings. Push left roller wheel at the steering wheel to enter this settings menu.

G-meter & stopwatch functions:
Put the car in dynamic mode, go to the dynamics menu (helmet icon) and you will find these options on the left side.

How to use the "Charge period” in InControl:
Still an active issue, hopefully close to solution. See the latest posts in the forum topic of that name, especially that of Marv on p13 of that topic.

How to set the maximum SoC to eg 80%:
Also an active issue, lots of post under various topic headings. Also thought to be imminently fixed: the control for it in the App is now implemented, and a SW update for the car expected soon.

Range:
Too enormous a topic to summarise briefly, but I’ll try. Anything from 150-240 miles (240-385km). High cruise speeds, cold weather, not pre-conditioning, sporty driving, heavy heating/aircon use (high fan speed?), hilly terrain, 20/22” wheels will all reduce range.

Fast (100kW) charging:
Also an evolving topic. The latest SW update has allowed 80kW charging to 80% SoC. Still issues with some chargers.
Thanks dougthemac.

Can someone tell me where the dynamics mode menu is please 👍
IPace model S
White, Pano Roof, Black Pack, 20 inch Black Wheels. Plus good software updates PSE.

jason.birchall

Post by jason.birchall » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:30 pm

jason.birchall wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:28 pm
DougTheMac wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:39 pm
I have been following this forum for several months, and gleaned a huge amount of useful info in advance of picking up my car on 1 March. Because of the sheer volume of posts, I thought it might be useful to have a thread which seeks only to re-post “results”, ie the useful gems that come from forum users successfully answering other users’ questions. Much of this should be RTFM stuff, but the Manual is so useless, these tips may be useful to many - they have certainly been useful to me.

So, herewith my initial list compiled over the last few weeks. I apologise that I have failed to credit the posters of these solutions, but you know who you are, so thanks.

Please add any similar tips of your own, but please try to keep this topic restricted to tips and solutions and not to raise more questions or wander off-topic.

Gesture tailgate:
3 suggestions: “fast, short kick”; “try the rear corners of the car; swipe your foot under it from left to right or vice versa”; “only kick once, then wait 2 seconds before you retry”

InControl App:
To change energy consumption units, go to settings -> My account -> unit & date format
Charging speed in Miles per hour doesn’t work; set charge rate units to %/hr.

Cameras:
I have noticed that if you add the CAMERAS button to one of your HOME screens it gives you the proper "front bumper" with parking assist view as you are pulling forward into a parking space ... vs. if you press the little camera icon bottom row button, you get the split (and useless) left quarter & simultaneous right quarter views but not straight out the front.

Poor GPS signal on mobile phone?
Possible pano roof issue. Not mentioned since December - may not be an issue for most. Slightly OTT solution is to fit a Bluetooth GPS receiver in the trunk. eg Dual XGPS160 https://gps.dualav.com/explore-by-product/xgps160

Muting the nav guidance instructions:
Start a route, then open the nav menu again (the round button with 6 little rectangles). Then the big rectangular button appears to mute the nav voice instructions. It stays muted for all future trips, until you manually re-enable it again. (You can add it to favourite button on steering wheel.)

Data SIM usage:
1GB data used in a few days without doing something data intensive myself. After searching through the options I found some navigation settings concerning data. Turned off the options that were marked as “high data usage” and now data usage is “normal”, a few MB’s per day.

Synthetic acceleration sounds:
Accessed from the settings icon on the upper touch-screen. Select "All Settings" and then "Features" and finally "Active Sound Design" Three possible settings - Calm, Normal and Dynamic.

Auto lock of doors:
Accessible via Dashboard settings (roller button on left of steering wheel) not main screen settings.

Auto-dipping Headlights:
If you don't see see A or auto combined with the green icon, you should push the high beam lever for more than a second backwards to enable auto high beam. Auto High Beam is a setting you can set to On or Off in the dashboard settings. Push left roller wheel at the steering wheel to enter this settings menu.

G-meter & stopwatch functions:
Put the car in dynamic mode, go to the dynamics menu (helmet icon) and you will find these options on the left side.

How to use the "Charge period” in InControl:
Still an active issue, hopefully close to solution. See the latest posts in the forum topic of that name, especially that of Marv on p13 of that topic.

How to set the maximum SoC to eg 80%:
Also an active issue, lots of post under various topic headings. Also thought to be imminently fixed: the control for it in the App is now implemented, and a SW update for the car expected soon.

Range:
Too enormous a topic to summarise briefly, but I’ll try. Anything from 150-240 miles (240-385km). High cruise speeds, cold weather, not pre-conditioning, sporty driving, heavy heating/aircon use (high fan speed?), hilly terrain, 20/22” wheels will all reduce range.

Fast (100kW) charging:
Also an evolving topic. The latest SW update has allowed 80kW charging to 80% SoC. Still issues with some chargers.
Thanks dougthemac.

Can someone tell me where the dynamics mode menu is please 👍
Should have been more patient and read the subsequent posts 🤨
IPace model S
White, Pano Roof, Black Pack, 20 inch Black Wheels. Plus good software updates PSE.

scm

Post by scm » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:42 pm

jason.birchall wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:30 pm
Should have been more patient and read the subsequent posts 🤨
And here's a tip, please don't include the entire (very long) post you're replying to just to add one or two lines. Trim it down to give enough context so the page doesn't get cluttered with duplicated information (see what I did above?). It also keeps the bandwidth down for those on limited data/speeds.

Return to “Main Jaguar I-Pace chat”