batteries_included

Re: Charging in UK/Scotland on 50kw

Post by batteries_included » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:08 pm

Jagmanmick wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:44 pm
mikew wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:10 pm

So I shouldn't plan on doing the NC 500 in my I-Pace this summer? :(
Hopefully I will have my I-pace in march/april and will be using some of the far North chargers on the NC 500 north coast as I live there. :D
If they are working :lol:
. The problem is even if they are working they won’t connect with I pace. I’m currently sat charging on a Siemens machine ( horray ) where the Evolt machine next to it just connects then shuts off. Tried two rapid chargers yesterday both working but refused to connect. It’s a joke .
Indus Silver HSE

mikew

Post by mikew » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:31 pm

Jagmanmick wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:44 pm
mikew wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:10 pm

So I shouldn't plan on doing the NC 500 in my I-Pace this summer? :(
Hopefully I will have my I-pace in march/april and will be using some of the far North chargers on the NC 500 north coast as I live there. :D
If they are working :lol:
I bet you can’t wait!

We have a home on the Isle of Skye, so drive the coast to coast link part of the NC 500 route every time we go over to Inverness. Not as spectacular as the coastal sections I’m sure, but still a great fun (and fast) drive... as yet to be done in the I-Pace!
SE Yulong white, black pack, 22" split-spoke, pano roof, Ebony heated seats, Ebony headlining, gloss black, cold climate, front fogs, air suspension and 360˚cam. Delivered 29/10/2018.

SammyD

Post by SammyD » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:20 am

mikew wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:31 pm

We have a home on the Isle of Skye, so drive the coast to coast link part of the NC 500 route every time we go over to Inverness. Not as spectacular as the coastal sections I’m sure, but still a great fun (and fast) drive... as yet to be done in the I-Pace!
I guess you already know about the CCS charger at Uig then? Just a few yards from the Brewery as well...(and a Cafe)
Not much else there really unless you are getting the ferry.
Much of the road up the west coast of Skye from Sligachan to Dunvegan has been totally resurfaced and is a pleasure to drive/ride.
I'll be riding the NC500 in mid-june as well as doing the 4-corners (The Lizard, Ardnamuchan, Dunnet Head and Gas Works road, Lowestoft).
Waiting (impatiently) for my Caesium Blue SE(Hirundo Rustica). Being build W/E 08-Feb-2019 :D :D

Jagmanmick

Post by Jagmanmick » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:29 am

mikew wrote:
If you're going to Inverness Park's Jaguar have fitted some chargemaster chargers (pay per use though), think there are a couple of 7kw and a 50kw but I will check when I pick my I-pace up. Wasn't really taking much notice when I was having my F type serviced.
I-pace SE ordered in Firenze Red. Due March/April

mikew

Post by mikew » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:22 pm

Jagmanmick wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:29 am
mikew wrote:
If you're going to Inverness Park's Jaguar have fitted some chargemaster chargers (pay per use though), think there are a couple of 7kw and a 50kw but I will check when I pick my I-pace up. Wasn't really taking much notice when I was having my F type serviced.
Thanks jagmanmick, that's a great tip. The round trip is around is around 210 miles, so a quick top up in Inverness would give me a useful safety margin.

We are headed up next week in my wife's car, then again at the beginning of April. If the weather is mild in April we will take the I-Pace.
SE Yulong white, black pack, 22" split-spoke, pano roof, Ebony heated seats, Ebony headlining, gloss black, cold climate, front fogs, air suspension and 360˚cam. Delivered 29/10/2018.

mikew

Post by mikew » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:44 pm

SammyD wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:20 am
mikew wrote:

I guess you already know about the CCS charger at Uig then? Just a few yards from the Brewery as well...(and a Cafe)
Not much else there really unless you are getting the ferry.
Much of the road up the west coast of Skye from Sligachan to Dunvegan has been totally resurfaced and is a pleasure to drive/ride.
I'll be riding the NC500 in mid-june as well as doing the 4-corners (The Lizard, Ardnamuchan, Dunnet Head and Gas Works road, Lowestoft).
We drove in and out of Uig just after New Year and did the Sligachan to Dunvagan road too. The issue for us isn't enjoying Skye itself... we can fully charge at home and do the far end of the island and back again with ease. The bit that needs planning is getting the I-Pace from up to Skye from York. Up to Glasgow will be easy once the new Ionity chargers at Gretna Green are available... top up to 100% again at an InstaVolt charger near Paisley... then 191 miles to our home on Skye. We could just do with a quick stop at a CPS rapid along that section to give us a safety margin. There are several to choose from and we only need one to be working. The last of them is only 14 miles from our home and even that one should be easily reachable.

Enjoy the NC500 in June!

Goshdarnit

Post by Goshdarnit » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:38 pm

Just bear in mind for planning that the last 10% if you’re charging to 100 will be much slower.
I-Pace First Edition, Corris Grey, Oyster interior, 22” diamond cut alloys with carbon inserts.

Return to “Main Jaguar I-Pace chat”