Air Quality System - do you think it works?

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
MartijnEV

Air Quality System - do you think it works?

Post by MartijnEV » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:05 pm

All i-Paces have Air Quality System as standard.
It is meant to keep the air that enters the cabin fresh and free from bad pollutions and bad smells. It detects high concentrations (ppm) of certain gases etc. and automatically acttivates Recirculation (i.e. it closes the air inlets). I had this in the past on several cars, e.g. Volvo XC70, and it worked perfectly. Never a bad smell in the car. But in my i-Pace I am not sure if AQS is really working. Often in busy traffic with old diesel cars in front of me, the diesel smells clearly enter the cabin. Also other bad smells from outside are not kept out. I also never have seen the recirculation being activated as a display indication. So hence my question: is AQS working properly? Or is this another i-Pace software problem? Do you recognise this issue in your i-Pace?
The Netherlands
i-Pace S, Fuji White, panorama roof, 18” wheels, heated seats, interior ioniser, front fog lights
Build date: 7 Nov 2018 | Delivery: 3 Dec 2018 |Telematics: 15.2 | InControl: S18D | Maps: 8.30.92.153

M@rkie78

Re: Air Quality System - do you think it works?

Post by M@rkie78 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:53 pm

Totally agree with you Martijn! Never had a car that made me experience all the outside smells/ fumes as intense as in the I-pace!
HSE, Farallon black, 22" 5 Split Spoke, Carbon Fibre Exterior, Mars Red interior, almost full option 8-)

Tophe74

Post by Tophe74 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:14 am

Agree. Doesn't seems to work. I always have to use the manual button (topleft). And even with it it's not perfect.
I pace FE photon red since 20.10.18

fox_nl

Post by fox_nl » Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:16 am

There is an option to set the sensitivity of the Air-filter-quality-sensor (low-medium-high). Don't know if it actually helps.

Tophe74

Post by Tophe74 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:28 am

I already put on high since the begining. Not better

Jeggo

Post by Jeggo » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:41 pm

There might be an ionizer but nothing else. You either need a HEPA filter like Tesla has as an option or a carbon filter.

This really works as I had this in my last Mercedes. The I-Pace has no special filter. You maybe able to change the normal filter for the AC with a special carbon filter.

At least you could fart inside the car and blame it on the outside :D

CU

Jens

Tophe74

Post by Tophe74 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:34 pm

U sure their is no coil filter (not carbon) in the i-pace ?
Nowadays a lot of cars use those filters Would be a big miss from Jaguar for such expensive car

Jeggo

Post by Jeggo » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:46 pm

Compared to a Mercedes S-Class you smell more or less everything from the outside.
Especially in rural regions.

CU

Jens

Patje

Post by Patje » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:40 am

Its really rubbish. I even have the ionizer option (wonder if that works). But you smell everything. Never had it like this in my audi

MartijnEV

Post by MartijnEV » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:39 pm

I also have the Ionizer. AQS and the Ionizer both didn't help at all to reduce smells in the interior until.... today!

Yesterday my i-Pace got an update of the software for the Body Control Module (BCM). This contains a fix for the climate system. Two things I have noticed so far:

- Air Quality System seems to really work now!! Drove more than 240km today, didn't smell any bad stuff today. Behind an old dirty diesel I did notice just a bit of it, but apparently the system reacted quickly enough and then it was ok.

- The climate system used to make quite some noise in the lower part of the dashboard. Now it seems to be much quieter. Not sure yet if there is really a change, but it seems so.

The BCM update also fixed another issue: the flashing reverse lights (see other topic on this forum).
The Netherlands
i-Pace S, Fuji White, panorama roof, 18” wheels, heated seats, interior ioniser, front fog lights
Build date: 7 Nov 2018 | Delivery: 3 Dec 2018 |Telematics: 15.2 | InControl: S18D | Maps: 8.30.92.153

Return to “Main Jaguar I-Pace chat”