I-Pace safety Rating?

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions
Pseudonym

Re: I-Pace safety Rating?

Post by Pseudonym » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:09 am

Raeth wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:15 am
Disheartening news regarding emergency braking. Don’t understand how it aligns with NCAP test, where it seems to work fine.

https://insideevs.com/jaguar-i-pace-ran ... king-test/

Apparently JLR enigeers on-site and retested, with same result. All because the car takes 10 minutes to understand its environment? Seems very strange, but explanation is conming from their own engineers.
I mean I would trust the NCAP test over whatever weird shit this russian owned norwegian random website says. you know the NCAP tests are standarized at a minimum.

Raeth

Post by Raeth » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:33 am

Pseudonym wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:09 am
Raeth wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:15 am
Disheartening news regarding emergency braking. Don’t understand how it aligns with NCAP test, where it seems to work fine.

https://insideevs.com/jaguar-i-pace-ran ... king-test/

Apparently JLR enigeers on-site and retested, with same result. All because the car takes 10 minutes to understand its environment? Seems very strange, but explanation is conming from their own engineers.
I mean I would trust the NCAP test over whatever weird shit this russian owned norwegian random website says. you know the NCAP tests are standarized at a minimum.
I agree with you that standardized test should be more reliable. Howeve, dieselgate and current WLTP range debacle has shown that standard tests are not necessarily representative of real life scenarios. That makes unofficial and therefore more unpredictable (for manufacturers) tests like the Norwegian one (not sure if it’s Russian, doesn’t seem so) interesting to me. Especially since JLR engineers seem to recognize the cause of this test result.
Last edited by Raeth on Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Raeth

Post by Raeth » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:28 am

Double post :oops:
Last edited by Raeth on Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Max69

Post by Max69 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:34 pm

If what the engineers said is true, then they should do/show us the test results with a car that has been driving more than 10 minutes. Otherwise this is all, but reassuring.
HSE Santorini black, black leather (red for now will be changed in Feb), panoramic, air, drive assist, 20 wheels.

Return to “Main Jaguar I-Pace chat”