Octopus energy go tariff

All Jaguar I-Pace related discussions

Octopus energy go tariff

Post by 9300 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:08 am

Has anyone looked at this offer from octopus energy? Or seen anything similar? Thinking of getting this as it’s 4 hours at 5p/kwh and we should only ever need to top the car up at night.

Here’s the details they sent me in an email.

The Zappi has lots of smart features such as 24/7 monitoring of your total home electricity usage ensuring you never blow a fuse & optimising for solar if you’re clever enough to have panels.

Our favourite clever feature is that it knows when your off-peak tariff kicks in. So if you are on one of our off-peak tariffs, such as the Octopus Energy Go tariff, we will pre-programme your Zappi to know that 00:30 – 04:30 means super cheap, 5p/kWh electricity.

To bring you the best possible prices, we’ve partnered with MyEnergi to offer a Zappi home charger for as little as £359.

Pacesetter

Re: Octopus energy go tariff

Post by Pacesetter » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:10 am

I’m looking at tariffs and considering the Eon Secure Bill. It’s a fixed price for 12 months regardless of how much energy you use, but it is calculated on your previous 12 months usage.
It might only be cost-effective on your 1st year of EV ownership because your previous 12 months usage will not include any charging, but the year 2 quote will take that into account.
First Edition, Corris Grey

Billy Bunter

Post by Billy Bunter » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:09 am

Pacesetter wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:10 am
I’m looking at tariffs and considering the Eon Secure Bill. It’s a fixed price for 12 months regardless of how much energy you use, but it is calculated on your previous 12 months usage.
It might only be cost-effective on your 1st year of EV ownership because your previous 12 months usage will not include any charging, but the year 2 quote will take that into account.
may be worth checking the small print for “exclusions” or ask them directly (anonymously) if it’s ok to charge an EV — be a shame if the monitored usage triggers a check and then you discover the exclusion.....
SE, Firenze Red, Black Pack & Black 20” wheels, Air Suspention, HUD, Adaptive Cruise & Steering etc, DAB+

Baikar

Post by Baikar » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:50 am

9300 wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:08 am
Has anyone looked at this offer from octopus energy? Or seen anything similar? Thinking of getting this as it’s 4 hours at 5p/kwh and we should only ever need to top the car up at night.

Here’s the details they sent me in an email.

The Zappi has lots of smart features such as 24/7 monitoring of your total home electricity usage ensuring you never blow a fuse & optimising for solar if you’re clever enough to have panels.

Our favourite clever feature is that it knows when your off-peak tariff kicks in. So if you are on one of our off-peak tariffs, such as the Octopus Energy Go tariff, we will pre-programme your Zappi to know that 00:30 – 04:30 means super cheap, 5p/kWh electricity.

To bring you the best possible prices, we’ve partnered with MyEnergi to offer a Zappi home charger for as little as £359.
I like the sound of that. I have been looking around for a new energy supplier and also at the Zappi charger so that looks perfect. Is there a link for the offer?

nipri

Post by nipri » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:41 am

Hi Baikar, Email them at help@octopus.energy about the tariff & they will send you a link straight away.
Regards.

SEPS

Post by SEPS » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:04 pm

Anyone know what the peak tariff is. Cheap off peak is usually offset by a higher than average peak tariff

Return to “Main Jaguar I-Pace chat”